Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 01:19 PM

11,344 posts, read 16,699,701 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by gtc08
sterling has lost his reputation, most hated man in america, and lost something only 30 people in america have.

sterling would take the clippers back over the 2 billion sale in a second, but he knows he's done.
Really???

Unfreakinbelievable.

The American people have no common sense if they hate Sterling more than people who have actually murdered other people.

Donald Sterling disliked by 92 percent of America, according to poll - ESPN Los Angeles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 02:11 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No other league is letting him buy a team.

I hope i cleared that up for you.
Not even a bikini football league?

Old 05-31-2014, 02:11 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
And here it is....the fun can begin.

V. Stiviano -- Mocking Black People On Tape ... 'They Do Stupid S*** Like Buy Rims' | Celebrity Videos | TMZ.com

Who's video will be next. Perhaps Mr. Silver will have a video he rather won't see online that is suppose to be private even if it is not a racist one I wouldn't be surprised if at least it is embarrassing.

Someone who judges without waiting for proof belongs in Mexico where guilty is until proven innocent and not the US where we suppose to have innocent until proven guilty!

Old 06-01-2014, 01:46 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Not even a bikini football league?
Hey...you never know.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:48 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

V. Stiviano -- Mocking Black People On Tape ... 'They Do Stupid S*** Like Buy Rims' | Celebrity Videos | TMZ.com

Who's video will be next. Perhaps Mr. Silver will have a video he rather won't see online that is suppose to be private even if it is not a racist one I wouldn't be surprised if at least it is embarrassing.

Someone who judges without waiting for proof belongs in Mexico where guilty is until proven innocent and not the US where we suppose to have innocent until proven guilty!
You are so right!

I can't wait for a black NBA player (it's a black leaque I'm told) to use the N word or a racist comment of any sort, or a slur against gays, etc., etc. even if it happens in a private conversation - because when a team owner's employ (such as one of his players) causes harm/damage to the leaque that person must be dealt with accordingly. Justice should be the same as Sterling received - a rush to judgement - a $2.5 million fine - a lifetime ban - and a forced sale of property...even though the [so-called] evidence (an illegally recorded private conversation) is against California law and not admissible in court. I dare say there's not a single black NBA player that hasn't used the racist N word, or had some private thought, view, opinion or belief that is similar to what Donald Sterling has had, which according to NBA Commissioner Adam Silver is damaging to the league.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:24 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
You are so right!

I can't wait for a black NBA player (it's a black leaque I'm told) to use the N word or a racist comment of any sort, or a slur against gays, etc., etc. even if it happens in a private conversation - because when a team owner's employ (such as one of his players) causes harm/damage to the leaque that person must be dealt with accordingly. Justice should be the same as Sterling received - a rush to judgement - a $2.5 million fine - a lifetime ban - and a forced sale of property...even though the [so-called] evidence (an illegally recorded private conversation) is against California law and not admissible in court. I dare say there's not a single black NBA player that hasn't used the racist N word, or had some private thought, view, opinion or belief that is similar to what Donald Sterling has had, which according to NBA Commissioner Adam Silver is damaging to the league.
Kobe was fined 100k for calling a player a gay slur in a game.

Tim Hardaway was fired from ESPN for his views on gays.

Not sure why you would expect a Black player to get punished for using the N word. Sterling wasn't punished for using a Jewish slur. I know you are using that stupid logic of "if they can say it, so can I" but the unwritten rule is a person can/should be able to slur or joke his own race in private.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:28 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Take away her ho card.

As a Black man I'm not the least bit surprised.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:33 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Not sure why you would expect a Black player to get punished for using the N word. Sterling wasn't punished for using a Jewish slur. I know you are using that stupid logic of "if they can say it, so can I" but the unwritten rule is a person can/should be able to slur or joke his own race in private.
Situational use of some words is OK, then? I thought hate speech was hate speech. This hate speech line gets more fluid by the day. Is there a playbook those of us can use to know when "unwritten rules" apply?

Old 06-01-2014, 09:40 AM

24,476 posts, read 17,220,223 times
The new owner better watch out. I heard he is a Conservative who owns guns and doesn't like what Obama is doing to this country and he also thinks illegal immigrants should not be given rights that honest folk struggled for and there was also a rumour that his great great grandfather though he didn't actually own a slave thought that slavery was neccesary for the economy of the South back in 1860.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:44 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times
Mark Cuban Warns That Basketball Players Could Get the Sterling Treatment Next
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies