Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support ending bans on nudity?
Yes - I support clothing equality. 12 46.15%
No - I am an intolerant bigot. 14 53.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 01:39 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,493,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
not wanting to see folks running around naked has nothing to do with shame
personally I don't care where you remove your clothes just not around me
what in the world are people pushing this think everyone wants to look at them without clothes no thanks go join a colony

So because "you don't like it", it is okay to use violence in the form of the government to prevent it? What if I don't like looking at fat people, should they have to join a colony?

Old 05-30-2014, 02:47 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,347,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Is clothing overrated?

Absolutely!

Speedos should be mandatory south of the Mason Dixon Line. Especially in states like Mississippi and Louisiana, where obesity is epidemic.
LOL Thanks for the laugh but before you institute this edict could you wait until I move

Old 05-30-2014, 10:21 PM

5,580 posts, read 7,980,431 times
One does not have the right to initiate force, including against publicly nude people, so I voted against using the force of law to punish public nudity; these finely-grained issues of taste and decency are best resolved between private individuals rather than involving the criminal justice system. I myself detest public nudity, and hope that those who wish to be nude in public are courteous enough to do so in a somewhat secluded environment with like-minded people. Such courtesy has generally been shown in those places that do not have public nudity laws.

As for the topical question, it is my opinion that anyone who thinks clothing is overrated hasn't had much experience with beautiful, flattering, and comforting clothing, which is far superior in every respect to being in the nude no matter what environment you're in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.