Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 06:14 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What makes you think I don't understand that they might plot terrorist acts? But what you are suggesting is that we cherry pick which laws we follow and which ones we don't. Isn't that what you keep accusing the president of doing? Cherry picking is either right or it's wrong. Which is it?
Hmmmmmmmm...........................

I thought the president had pledged an oath to defend the nation, the Constitution, and uphold the laws of the US. Am I wrong? Obama violated the law in not notifying congress 30 days prior- that is clear. Add this to one of the many impeachable offenses that Obama has committed; the list keeps getting longer every day.

So you understand that these five terrorists might plot acts of terror against US citizens again and you are okay with that? What if they kill you or a family member? Will that still be okay? Five terrorists for a deserter was not in the best interest of the nation and has placed more Americans in jeopardy. A deserter who converted to Islam (as did his father) should have been left to rot with his Taliban friends.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:15 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
What makes you think I don't understand that they might/could plot terrorist acts in the future? But what you are suggesting is that we cherry pick which laws we follow and which ones we don't.
How is keeping foreign mass-murdering terrorists incarcerated not following the law? What law gives foreign nationals any U.S. Constitutional rights?

Old 06-03-2014, 06:16 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
What makes you think I don't understand that they might/could plot terrorist acts in the future? But what you are suggesting is that we cherry pick which laws we follow and which ones we don't. Isn't that what you keep accusing the president of doing? Cherry picking is either right or it's wrong. Which is it?
Good question. Which is it?

Old 06-03-2014, 06:17 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Obama is a liar also.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:20 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
“We didn’t negotiate with terrorists,” Hagel said in an interview on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” Since the negotiations were handled mostly by Qatar, the United States did not negotiate directly with the Taliban. The administration’s announcement of Bergdahl’s release said only that negotiations began several weeks ago through the government of Qatar, and there was no indication of any direct contact between the United States and the Taliban.

Joy about Bergdahl release gives way to questions - The Washington Post

Now that's really creative. So if we tell Qatar to negotiate with terrorists for us, that's OK?

That's like hiring a hit man to kill someone and then saying "I didn't kill anyone, the hit man did".

This administration is totally pathetic. They are liars and they break the law with impunity. The sad thing is that this sets the stage for the next president to lie and break the law even more.

Well.................... given a five to one ratio of the "swap" and recieving a pro-Taliban deserter in the deal, I agree that no negotiations were involved. The Taliban simply told Obama what to do and he agreed- no negotiations. So technically, Obama was following orders and did not negotiate.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:21 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
So we are to hold people in prison who might take part in activities that are detrimental to us? That sure covers a lot of people in U.S. prisons. Plus you are suggesting we hold the GITMO detainees without due process of the law and against international law governing prisoners of war.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:24 AM

Quote:
So we are to hold people in prison who might take part in activities that are detrimental to us?
Those mass-murdering terrorists already have (which is why they're incarcerated), and as Obama stated, they "absolutely" could in the future.

Again, I have to ask... What law gives foreign nationals any U.S. Constitutional rights?

Old 06-03-2014, 06:26 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
How is keeping foreign mass-murdering terrorists incarcerated not following the law? What law gives foreign nationals any U.S. Constitutional rights?
Let's throw you in prison and see how fast you find the part in the constitution that applies to keeping someone incarcerated without a trial. They are being held as prisoners of war. When wars end at the end of this year, we have no legal standing to hold them. Simple.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Let's throw you in prison and see how fast you find the part in the constitution that applies to keeping someone incarcerated without a trial.
1) I'm not a mass-murdering terrorist, as those 5 are.

2) I'm not a foreign national, as those 5 are.

Why are you emotionally, histrionically, and irrationally overreacting to this issue?

Again, I have to ask... What law gives foreign nationals any U.S. Constitutional rights?

Old 06-03-2014, 06:35 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
The curious case of Bob Bergdahl’s apparent tweet to the Taliban

This guys father is something else. Very strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies