Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 10:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
If our society is in a position to do so, why not make housing and healthcare rights?

If they did, it would surely make Housing and healthcare off limits to the government control.

The constitution does not grant us people a thing.
It tells the federal government to be nice, or we have the 2nd amendment to take them off the face of the earth, if that is what it takes to remain free, with liberty for ALL... Not just the chosen.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:23 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,411 times
Default I just reviewed my Birth certificate......

Here's a more objective view of your Birth Certificate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfnJ1rOFK7o

Birth, death and taxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ykYHwG5i4

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 05-31-2014 at 10:55 PM..

Old 05-31-2014, 11:00 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
.....and the constitution.

NOWHERE does it grant me a job, home, healthcare or anything else.

Where do you lefties find the idea of these things are "rights"?

Could you please post the long form of your birth certificate so we can be assured you are a valid American citizen?

Old 05-31-2014, 11:04 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If they did, it would surely make Housing and healthcare off limits to the government control.

The constitution does not grant us people a thing.
It tells the federal government to be nice, or we have the 2nd amendment to take them off the face of the earth, if that is what it takes to remain free, with liberty for ALL... Not just the chosen.
I know that the Constitution describes negative rights. How does that prevent us from using law to create positive rights if we so choose?

Old 06-01-2014, 12:03 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Here's a more objective view of your Birth Certificate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfnJ1rOFK7o

Birth, death and taxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ykYHwG5i4
No, that's a whole load of BS. More sovereign individual bullcrap. I suggest you drop the whole Mormon derived ideology of so-called "sovereign citizens" started by Brigham Young.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:37 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,943 times
Quote:
Sure they do.

Every leftie on the planet believes that a job, healthcare and housing are rights.
You forgot to mention the reclining chair...

Old 06-01-2014, 04:45 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
False.

After interviewing sixteen of them, I found one that only thinks a job and healthcare are rights. He wasn't sure about housing.

Get your act together.
Thee are literally dozens on threads on this forum by lefties expressing the very sentiment that you deserve those things simply because you exist.

Old 06-01-2014, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
If our society is in a position to do so, why not make housing and healthcare rights?
$17,000,000,000,000 in debt. Mostly because of trying to cure poverty.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
The US Constitution gives the US Congress the power to do anything that "provides for ... the General Welfare of the United States" and it even gives the Congress the power to raise or lay taxes to pay for it just as long as the taxes aren't solely levied against on or several states. Now the General Welfare of a United States where most of its people were poorly clothed, undernourished, out of work, or unwell and luck to live to a ripe old age of 35 would not be very good. nor would a United States where nearly all of the nations Wealth would be in the hands of a small few who live in fortified compunds, get around in armored convoys or a private chopper and have a loyal personal army to keep the unwashed out of sight and out of mind . Actually you don't have to wonder what life would be like in a United States that would have none of these leftist burdens you hate so much you can go to Haiti, Honduras, The Congo, The Phillipines, Belarus or Yemen or a dozen other nations. This is your no tax, no police, no gun control, no welfare, no unemployment benefits, no healthcare, no schools do what you damed well please utopia.
Thank God our ancestors viewed the simple little clause in Article I Section 8 "the General Welfare" as approval to do anything that made life in the nation better for its people when conditions or technology made it possible. This is what made this nation what it is today and not a nation where earning 5 dollars a day would make you middle class. Now you righties need to ask yourselves would you prefer living in a nation like Belarus, or the Phillipines (unless you could be a plutarch, oligarch or billionaire) or the United States of America with all of us pinko commies.
Article 1 section 8 clearly spells out the spending powers of the congress.

There is only one think that is guaranteed to be given to an individual from tax revenue collected from others...the right to a defense attorney.

Read the original intent and the many, many writings by the founders on the "General Welfare" clause. They never mention taking earnings from one citizen to pass along to another in order to support them.

I know that emotionally it feels good to say "make the rich pay up!" But in reality, it's a simplistic view of how a society should work. And, it makes for a poverty stricken nation where people are made comfortable in poverty.....as is seen today.

Please do not mistake that last statement as me feeling that people in poverty are living large. Our society give them just enough to live on, which they get used to, and disincentivizes work and innovation.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:05 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,123 times
Quote:
.....and the constitution.

NOWHERE does it grant me a job, home, healthcare or anything else.

Where do you lefties find the idea of these things are "rights"?
You should also review Ted Cruz's, he seems to think hes constitutionally eligible to be president for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies