Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 10:10 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,497 times

Advertisements

It seems like the word 'news' implies something happening that is new. Young animal gangsters in Chicago getting gunned down is as routine as chicago's winter is cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 10:44 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I should have known the gun nuts would lie about my words. Silly me.

Do you really think anyone believes you gun freaks and trained killers actually give a cr@p about any victims, let alone Chicago gang members?

Just another day at Gun Worship Central.
I wasn't going to comment, and this thread is quite interesting, but ^^^ just insulted me three times and then accused me of worshipping a gun. Blasphemy in my religion. I wish people wouldn't resort to name calling, it's just not cool. If I didn't know better, I'd think they were a 'formula baby'. But, since I am really a nice person, I won't think that.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:46 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
No "mainstream media" coverage? B.S. The Chicago Tribune publishes one of the largest circulated daily newspapers in the USA and its WGN broadcast empire is one of the largest independent networks in the nation. The story was prominently played locally and nationally.
They are also the local paper of the city where the murders occurred. Now...how much space did even that local paper spend on that crime, vs the recent one in CA?

Old 06-04-2014, 10:47 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Because Benghazi!
Or because no one died in those Chicago shootings.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:28 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I wasn't going to comment, and this thread is quite interesting, but ^^^ just insulted me three times and then accused me of worshipping a gun. Blasphemy in my religion. I wish people wouldn't resort to name calling, it's just not cool. If I didn't know better, I'd think they were a 'formula baby'. But, since I am really a nice person, I won't think that.

Congrats, you just gave ole' queeny exactly what she wanted. You let her know she got to you. See, the Left is so worked up over never being able to get their way on gun control issues, that, in order to make themselves feel better about the situation, they have to get in a few small digs wherever they can. They call us gun nutz, gun humpers, gun fetishists, gun fondlers, and their most recent attempt at word play, { and my new favorite I might add } "ammo-sexuals" { LOVE IT!!! }

Let them have their petty, immature insults if it makes them feel better, but certainly don't let them know you feel insulted over it. I love it when they call me names like that, because it shows they have a real lack of confidence in their own argument and have to resort to insults and name calling.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:49 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Mass Shooting in Chicago Last Night, 6 Shot, Including Children – Virtually No Mainstream Media Coverage#

6 shot in South Shore: 'We can't even go to the laundromat' - chicagotribune.com

So why isn't CNN running non-stop coverage of this story? Why aren't they assembling the most renowned psychiatrists and therapists in the country and asking, "why"....?

There may be a few reasons this is not happening. This shooting in particular doesn't fit the Liberal mainstream medias agenda. For one, it happened in a community that isn't known for being lily white full of spoiled rich kids. Secondly, this happened in an area known for gang violence. The mainstream media doesn't want us to connect the dots and realize that the vast majority of "gun violence" is related to gangs and a larger criminal element that is the real problem. Lastly, this happened in a city that is the poster child for gun control. I don't think there is a legal gun shop anywhere in Chicago. The media wouldn't want it's viewers to start second guessing gun control now would they?

Why is there such a double standard in what gets labeled a "tragedy" or merely business as usual?
Because it's not going to generate much attention. It happened in the ghetto, looks to be gang related. The white suburbanites that make up the vast majority of the news audience automatically assume, well, that's just life in the ghetto, now where's my coffee and my slippers?

Meanwhile, one murder in white suburbia is national outrage, because "What! That doesn't ever happen in the suburbs!". See, murder is an inner city thing, and most news watchers are whites that don't live in the inner city. It's really that simple.

If 2 competing gangs gunned each other down in a white suburb, then things will be very different. It's not just the race of the perpetrators and the victims, the location very much matters as well.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:05 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Mass Shooting in Chicago Last Night, 6 Shot, Including Children – Virtually No Mainstream Media Coverage#

6 shot in South Shore: 'We can't even go to the laundromat' - chicagotribune.com

So why isn't CNN running non-stop coverage of this story? Why aren't they assembling the most renowned psychiatrists and therapists in the country and asking, "why"....?
Possibly because there were no fatalities.
Quote:
There may be a few reasons this is not happening. This shooting in particular doesn't fit the Liberal mainstream medias agenda. For one, it happened in a community that isn't known for being lily white full of spoiled rich kids. Secondly, this happened in an area known for gang violence. The mainstream media doesn't want us to connect the dots and realize that the vast majority of "gun violence" is related to gangs and a larger criminal element that is the real problem. Lastly, this happened in a city that is the poster child for gun control. I don't think there is a legal gun shop anywhere in Chicago. The media wouldn't want it's viewers to start second guessing gun control now would they?

Why is there such a double standard in what gets labeled a "tragedy" or merely business as usual?
Gangsters shooting one another is old news. Some nutjob killing multiple random people gets our attention.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:08 AM

741 posts, read 764,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
As long as its just some black people in Chicago, no biggie. But shoot fabulous people in some beach community, Mall or movie theater and it's World War Gun.
What's happening in a couple of areas in Chicago is horiffic. It's as if there's a shooting gallery where gangbangers recieve a cupie doll each time they 'off' an innocent person. So many innocent people are being shot. It's a community problem and societal problem. I wish I had the answer which would bring it to an end.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:14 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Handling Chicago's violence is a whole nother animal. A lady organized a peace march in the city earlier this year and was gunned down afterwards in her car before she could drive home.

Life in many of those neighborhoods is expendable. Whether the shooters or the victims. The Police don't have control and honestly, given what they have to work with, you can't blame them. Everybody wants to go home to their family at the end of the day.

I feel it would take a lot of investment, time and resources to fix many of those neighborhoods. It would probably take federal funding.

But honestly, we're pumping billions into other countries, why not pump millions into some of our worst neighborhoods? Not just inner cities but rural areas suffering from addiction, lack of jobs, violence as well.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:20 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,973 times
Chicago shootings are a non-issue and are easily ignored by the left.
Already strict gun laws in place, mission accomplished and all is well as far as they're concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies