Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 11:31 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
This area has been dangerous for years. Nothing new here.
yeah. it's called bodymore for a reason..

Quote:
Two killed in Baltimore overnight; five slain to start June - baltimoresun.com

...His son was one of two people killed Monday night in Baltimore, bringing to five the number of homicides over the first two days of June. Two others were shot and wounded Monday night, and another man was found dead early Tuesday. Over the past 30 days, 26 people have been killed in Baltimore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 11:39 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post

Where, in the two articles linked, is there a reference to "Inner City" teens being the perpetrators? Maybe it's bad eyesight on my part, but I don't see any such reference. Is "Inner City" a code word for "Black"?

Nope..inner city is a code word for "economically challenged" and "partial to committing crimes".

Old 06-05-2014, 11:42 AM

6,570 posts, read 6,736,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yeah. it's called bodymore for a reason..
They sunk millions down there, beautiful ballpark & all, but it's a deathtrap both day & night.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:49 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
This area has been dangerous for years. Nothing new here.
Agreed. Baltimore is dangerous as hell. Even growing up in SE DC in the 80's, I knew not to venture to Baltimore (or not to far from the IH when I do go). Dangerous as hell. I hear they're thinking of implementing a curfew. They'd better. Otherwise, the summertime will be hell there.

*I agree with the comments to hold the parents responsible. Many times, these kids are sent outside with little supervision just so the parents can get a break. Another interesting point is that most black kids who act up value and respect their parents, so maybe they would hesitate if they know their Mom/Dad will suffer the consequences of their bad actions.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:12 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Agreed. Baltimore is dangerous as hell. Even growing up in SE DC in the 80's, I knew not to venture to Baltimore (or not to far from the IH when I do go). Dangerous as hell. I hear they're thinking of implementing a curfew. They'd better. Otherwise, the summertime will be hell there.

*I agree with the comments to hold the parents responsible. Many times, these kids are sent outside with little supervision just so the parents can get a break. Another interesting point is that most black kids who act up value and respect their parents, so maybe they would hesitate if they know their Mom/Dad will suffer the consequences of their bad actions.

how do you figure this?

Old 06-05-2014, 02:36 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,660 times
This is just another day in Baltimore. Not surprised. Also don't ever go to Lexington Market.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:39 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Mayor & Baltimore Police Commissioner Hold Downtown Crime Walk « CBS Baltimore

Police investigate large teen fight in downtown Baltimore - Baltimore Sun

I used to go to the Inner Harbor often- Camden Yards etc. A nice area I generally felt safe in.

Sad to see the violent inner city population attacking tourists.

Why is this in P&C? Shouldn't it in the Maryland forum?

Old 06-05-2014, 02:45 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Since when do random attacks qualify as "clashes"?

Are they effing kidding??

Old 06-05-2014, 02:56 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

how do you figure this?
Because I know MANY folks who grew up poor and are dangerous. Unless their Moms are completely worthless, these folks love their Moms and Dads (if they're around).

Old 06-05-2014, 03:02 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Because I know MANY folks who grew up poor and are dangerous. Unless their Moms are completely worthless, these folks love their Moms and Dads (if they're around).

I had a black friend in high school (he was one of 9 in the whole high school of about 2,500 kids). Wonderful dude. His mom was always up his a**! LOL! My buddy and I would knock on his door to get him to come hang, and his mom would answer, and be sweet as pie to us. "Hi boys, how are you? He'll be right now." Then she would proceed to just nag his a**! We'd laugh our a**es off, but at the same time felt bad for him! His dad on the other hand was quite mellow. It was funny, because she was really a nice lady, and worked for NASA, but man was she a ball buster to him! It's good though, because she cared, and put up with no nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies