Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2014, 05:57 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He should bake Ex-Lax into the cake. That should prevent any homosexual copulation on their wedding night.
they aren't gonna eat the gay cake

pretty sure they are just gonna grab handfuls of it and mush it in each others faces

Old 06-06-2014, 06:20 AM

409 posts, read 512,085 times
He should do EXACTLY what he is doing! Hopefully, it will give people enough courage to stand up to these freedom hating thugs!

At some point this shinola is going to have to be dealt with or we will all lose our freedom

Old 06-06-2014, 06:28 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
How the hell can the government force a business to send employees to this "sensitivity" training nonsense? This is still America right?

Old 06-06-2014, 06:30 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Not legal opinions.
You know this is what you do all the time, right?

Would you be so resolved if the laws explicitly said owners have right to deny gays any kind of service?

No, you wouldn't...you'd be crying. But since they fall in line with your choices, you just stand behind the bully and stick your tongue out.

That is going to come 360 on you one day.

Old 06-06-2014, 06:31 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
How the hell can the government force a business to send employees to this "sensitivity" training nonsense? This is still America right?
No.....not the America we all will grieve for.....

But, we will be fine.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:26 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
You know this is what you do all the time, right?
Explain legal reality? Yeah, I do know that I do that all the time.

Quote:
Would you be so resolved if the laws explicitly said owners have right to deny gays any kind of service?
Yes, I would explain that legal reality with equal resolve. I'll do it right now: it's a reality that in most of the country the law does allow businesses to deny service to people simply because they are gay.

Quote:
No, you wouldn't...you'd be crying.
Funny. I just acknowledged the state of the law and how it allows discriminating against gays in most places, yet I'm not in tears right now.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:31 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
He violated the state law which prevents businesses from discriminating against protected classes. He is running an establishment which is open to the general public so he must abide by state law. He is not being forced to do anything as he could sell his business or close it down but if he wants to remain in business then he must obey state law. It really is that simple.

If he decides he wants to keep his business open then he needs a business license and right now the judge has ordered him to attend sensitivity training or his license will be revoked because the man has already proven he was either ignorant of the law or willfully breaking the law so it seems the judge's order is actually well called for.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:11 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Explain legal reality? Yeah, I do know that I do that all the time.

Yes, I would explain that legal reality with equal resolve. I'll do it right now: it's a reality that in most of the country the law does allow businesses to deny service to people simply because they are gay.

Funny. I just acknowledged the state of the law and how it allows discriminating against gays in most places, yet I'm not in tears right now.
Funny....

Yet you make a thread and/or go out of your way to wax lyrical when services are denied to gays. I take that as "crying".

In addition, you notice private property rights in terms of other situations...like the Sterling fiasco and how the NBA has pretty much allowed by-laws to collude and provide no personal conviction...just stating it "matter of factly".

So you clearly play coy on the issue. It's ok, you can say you support the state enforcing YOUR preference. Being called a hypocrite and living by double standards on CD is not the end of the world.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:15 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,037 times
These attacks have to stop! If gays want their rights to be respected than they need to stop treading on the rights of others, this is not about equality, this is about bullying and pushing your lifestyle onto everyone else.

It's only a matter of time before the Rainbow Gestapo starts trying to sue churches or running Christian's and anyone else who disagrees with their agenda out of town.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:20 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
How dare "the gays" actually demand the law of the state of Colorado be enforced? Gee, I thought you wing nuts were supposedly all big on "law & order"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies