Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 01:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Gay marriage is strictly forbidden in The Bible, just like murder and adultery and theft. Gay marriage is not a civil rights issue, legal benefits are, but not marriage it's self as marriage is not a right, beyond the definition.

A right is universal, it is God given and a Natural Birthright, Free Speech is a Right, Bearing arms is a Right, a Man wanting to marry another Man is no more of a right than a Man wanting to marry multiple women, The State can deny both and it does in most states for the former and all states for the latter. "Marriage is a Right"? I don't think so.

Hence why I want the Government out of Marriage entirely, it would kill this whole issue and everyone would get what they want.
Oh, please. Banging the hired help was acceptable in the bible, so spare me. Maybe that's why Schwarzenegger did what he did. He was acting Godly.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:11 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,745,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
They don't need your permission to 'bang who they want'. I'm pretty sure they bang each other with or without a marriage licence.
In any case, a guy who brags about banging only strippers and hookers is complaining about who other people bang.
Love it.
I told you before. I don't pay them to come, I pay them to leave. it's not bragging. also, I never complained about the McDLT's banging. I made fun of their desire for state validation. it's pathetic.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:12 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,020 times
Quote:
I also agree with this. When it comes to voting and issues, gay marriage is not even on my radar, it doesn't even make my "care list", the only thing that get's me upset a bit is when I read stories about gay activists bullying people like the one in this thread. Don't tread on me and I won't tread on you.
Anen to this.....

And this particular story really pi$$es me off, actually.
So now people are being forced &
bullied into this agenda?

To Hell with that.
More power to that baker.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:16 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
Gay marriage is strictly forbidden in The Bible, just like murder and adultery and theft. Gay marriage is not a civil rights issue, legal benefits are, but not marriage it's self as marriage is not a right, beyond the definition.

A right is universal, it is God given and a Natural Birthright, Free Speech is a Right, Bearing arms is a Right, a Man wanting to marry another Man is no more of a right than a Man wanting to marry multiple women, The State can deny both and it does in most states for the former and all states for the latter. "Marriage is a Right"? I don't think so.

Hence why I want the Government out of Marriage entirely, it would kill this whole issue and everyone would get what they want.
Other things that are strictly forbidden in the bible: tatoos, pork, shaving, going to church after an Orchiectomy, remarrying after divorce, working on the sabboth, women speaking in church, shrimp, etc.....

Bible Babble - The Laws of the Bible

Old 06-08-2014, 01:22 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,191,689 times
Quote:
I also agree with this. When it comes to voting and issues, gay marriage is not even on my radar, it doesn't even make my "care list", the only thing that get's me upset a bit is when I read stories about gay activists bullying people like the one in this thread. Don't tread on me and I won't tread on you.
If you were denied any rights, I am sure you would be claiming it is un-American and it would be on your "care list". It is always different to some people when it is someone else being denied. Then it is suddenly not important. The couple was being treaded on when they were denied the product from a business that is supposed to obey non-discrimination laws. You have it backwards IMO.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:26 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
If you were denied any rights, I am sure you would be claiming it is un-American and it would be on your "care list". It is always different to some people when it is someone else being denied. Then it is suddenly not important. The couple was being treaded on when they were denied the product from a business that is supposed to obey non-discrimination laws. You have it backwards IMO.
Bakeries don't dispense rights. I completely agree that gay couples should be pissed that they can not access the same kinds of things from the government that straight couples can.

Interactions between people shouldn't be the business of the governments. This is what we get when it is.

Sharia offenders to be counseled, detained | The Jakarta Post

Old 06-08-2014, 01:28 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Bakeries don't dispense rights. I completely agree that gay couples should be pissed that they can not access the same kinds of things from the government that straight couples can.

Interactions between people shouldn't be the business of the governments. This is what we get when it is.

You have it backwards. Our government is protecting us from the effects of religion and its destructive beliefs. Your example is religion taking over and mandating their destructive beliefs.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:29 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Its his own private business. He should be allowed to do what ever he wants with it.

If he wants to close the shop at 3 pm every day for prayer & family time that's his right.

Colorado government can ssip off. They're becoming worst than other nanny states like California & New York out there.
Another reason Colorado really turns me off.
I hope this guy takes his business elsewhere-
I'd be a loyal lifelong client
I love people who actually stand for something.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:30 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,745,831 times
Quote:
it is an extremely unimportant issue. issues that concern me are financial security for my fellow man. liberals don't like that too much.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:35 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You have it backwards. Our government is protecting us from the effects of religion and its destructive beliefs. Your example is religion taking over and mandating their destructive beliefs.
The government is doing the same thing. Government is some people's religion. It is the government acting just like those enforcing their views elsewhere.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.