Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 08:28 AM

7,812 posts, read 6,389,895 times

Advertisements

No thank you. It would be like Peyton Manning's wife taking over when he retires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 08:44 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
Perhaps it is true, but somehow I doubt it. The First Lady seems very dedicate to her children's upbringing and has already accomplished so much in her life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Affirmative action comes to mind.
It comes to mind because certain people had to be forced to recognize intelligent women such as First Lady Obama. It burns them that they cannot easily prevent women like her from being successful today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Still doesn't make her qualified.
Most of them are not.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:46 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Perhaps it is true, but somehow I doubt it. The First Lady seems very dedicate to her children's upbringing and has already accomplished so much in her life.

It comes to mind because certain people had to be forced to recognize intelligent women such as First Lady Obama. It burns them that they cannot easily prevent women like her from being successful today.

Most of them are not.
Affirmative action ^^^

Hey.. you're the people that say that blacks can't make it without special help.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Affirmative action, they had to lowered the standards
"Had to lowered?"

Clearly the standards were already low, and someone like the First Lady easily surpassed them.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Affirmative action ^^^

Hey.. you're the people that say that blacks can't make it without special help.
What are you talking about? Is English your first language?

...and there are no such people as "blacks." But since YOU feel "blacks" can't make it without special help, why did white americans need special help for hundreds of years and have to hoard the best resources until the 60s in order to succeed?

Please don't get all angry with me either. Nothing personal as it is not my history.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
What are you talking about? Is English your first language?

...and there are no such people as "blacks." But since YOU feel "blacks" can't make it without special help, why did white americans need special help for hundreds of years and have to hoard the best resources until the 60s in order to succeed?

Please don't get all angry with me either. Nothing personal as it is not my history.
That's what Democrats tell us just like in "2012" they tell the world that blacks can't get a proper voter ID. Damn, make up your minds. Can you or can't you?

Old 06-09-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
That's what Democrats tell us just like in "2012" they tell the world that blacks can't get a proper voter ID. Damn, make up your minds. Can you or can't you?
Remember what they say about making assumptions. Perhaps if you weren't so angry, you might be able to think and express yourself better.

I am not a Democrat. So no, you will not find my "2012" vote for the Democrats (or the Republicans for that matter). It matters not to me what they tell the world.

So make up your mind...will you or won't you learn express yourself without all of that crazy anger?

Old 06-09-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Remember what they say about making assumptions. Perhaps if you weren't so angry, you might be able to think and express yourself better.

I am not a Democrat. So no, you will not find my "2012" vote for the Democrats (or the Republicans for that matter). It matters not to me what they tell the world.

So make up your mind...will you or won't you learn express yourself without all of that crazy anger?
Assumption, look who's making assumption. I'm doing very well thank you and that makes me happy

But I did notice how you attacked me instead of discussing how Democrats insult blacks saying it's too hard for them to get a voter ID, you know, do like everyone else can.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:16 AM

741 posts, read 764,096 times
She's obviously an intelligent woman who has good name recognition in Illinois and very few known negatives at this point, so I'm going to assume if she ran for the U.S. Senate she could be elected without much difficulty. However, incumbent Mark Kirk is a moderate on social issues and, since his stroke, has been embraced by Dick Durban and the two have acted in concert on various issues. Should Kirk decide to run for re-election Durbin might be uncomfortable in such a contest but in the end he'd support the Democratic candidate. I, for one, would like to see her offer herself for higher office so that we can learn more about her abilities and positions on various issues of the day.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Assumption, look who's making assumption. I'm doing very well thank you and that makes me happy

But I did notice how you attacked me instead of discussing how Democrats insult blacks saying it's too hard for them to get a voter ID, you know, do like everyone else can.
Your anger is getting the best of you again, and you are failing to read properly. No one attacked you. I stated that I am not a Democrat. So you should look for your answer elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies