Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: open carry?
not pro-gun. I do not support both concealed or open carry 36 23.53%
pro-gun. I support both concealed and open cary 60 39.22%
pro-gun. I support concealed carry, but I do not support open carry 29 18.95%
pro-gun. I support concealed carry and open carry, but open carry should only be allowed in certain places like campgrounds, trails, fishing piers etc 28 18.30%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 07:55 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
So you would be fine with them standing, armed outside your Starbucks, bank, school, church, or place of business.
As long as they are following the law that is their business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 08:03 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,033,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Picture this......a group of Gang Bangers open carrying legally as they walk down the street towards you.....
Thank you for helping point out the hypocrisy of it all.

There has been no shortage of incidents in recent years where minorities have been gunned down by people who "felt threatened" or "thought he had a gun / knife / baseball bat / stick of chewing gum." There has also been no shortage of support for their actions, with the general belief being, "Well, if I have a gun and feel threatened, I am going to use it!"

Nevermind for a moment the staggering lack of responsible gun ownership often displayed in these events, the double standard comes in when the gun lovers feel that THEY have the "right" to waltz around in public with automatic rifles and other long-arms proudly on display.

So, tell me again why it is okay to shoot a black guy who "might have a weapon" and who "makes me feel threatened," but it is apparently "okay" for non-blacks to walk around with automatic weapons in public, no matter how threatened they make everyone else feel? So, what happens if I feel threatened by them? They are clearly armed - am I allowed to shoot them, following the same mindset that led to various killings of "threatening" minorities who may not actually have been armed?

The hypocrisy is so glaring obvious.

As for the OP's question, I'm all in favor of concealed carry and open carry is fine IN PLACES WHERE IT MAKES SENSE. Campgrounds, hunting stores, etc. I do NOT support loons forming small, armed mobs and basically intimidating everyone around them with open-carry long-arms. That is disgusting behavior and demonstrates a lack of responsible behavior that should be required to be a gun owner. Anyone who sees a gun as a way to intimidate others into supporting their political beliefs - or just as a way to say, "Mine's bigger than yours!" - is not responsible enough to carry one in public.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:20 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post

So, tell me again why it is okay to shoot a black guy who "might have a weapon" and who "makes me feel threatened,"
You need to justify your actions, simply because someone has a weapon doesn't mean you can open fire on them.

Quote:
but it is apparently "okay" for non-blacks to walk around with automatic weapons in public,
Just so it's clear automatic weapons or class 3 weapons require a significant amount of paperwork, a significant amount of $$$ and you have to live in state where you can possess one. Over the last 3 or 4 decades they have been involved in about 2 or 3 murders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies