Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 08:47 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I don't hunt anymore. Used to...avidly, and still love a good grilled elk or venison back strap, but I just don't hunt anymore. I do still own weapons, however. You would never know it by looking at me. No rifle rack in my truck. And I'm as honest as any other law abiding citizen. I wish neither you or any one else, gun Rights advocate or denier, any ill. I just wish to be left alone. I enjoy shooting and the shooting sports and I feel zero embarrassment for our Constitution , as is.

I could care less what the rest of the world, especially Europe, thinks. I m willing to bet there are a few million people in Africa who wish they had a 2a. Whenever the RUF or whatever sadistic vermin is in power that day rolls into their village with rusty bolos . Criminals here need to think twice before getting v to froggy. If you are so embarrassed by our country, leave. Go to France. Or maybe Nigeria. You could fit right in there. No regular citizens are allowed guns there. Don't need them anyway. They have no hands to hold them because of "gun control".
I kept telling them this..Yet they stay, I would pay a speical tax to pay for people like this to move out of this nation..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 08:49 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Why would I suffer because 200,000 guns are stolen every year and end up in hands of criminals? Why would Anybody have to suffer when some idiot with a gun walks into a child care, school or a courthouse and opens fire on random people...

Not for long, bud. Not for long.

And yes, we are a democracy: we chose our government through democratic elections.
Do you want to purchase a clue?

I have a couple that I don't need.

You feel safer with Obama and Holder running weapons to the criminals?

We are a Democratic Republic of which you need to look up on your own .. since you obviously didn't learn it in school!
(Are you Out of school?)

Old 06-07-2014, 08:51 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Go ahead. I wish you luck.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:53 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Some are stolen, some are lost and reported stolen, ect.

What about the ones that are import or sold on the black market?

Why should those people be forced to be unarmed and helpless in the face of that murder?

Answer that question?
I can build my own (including ammo) without any purchases from outside arms dealers!

They will have one #ell of a time trying to stop that!

Go ahead all you gun grabbers .. take em all .. I, and many like me will never be unarmed!

Too bad for you!
(Now .. give me your stuff!)

Old 06-07-2014, 08:59 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
They are at the most independent when they have the means of self defense and the force to fight off and destroy what ever threat they face..

Their tools are their identity and part of who and want we are, our heritage, our culture, our values, and the fact we will fight for them.

Alpha Male..

I needed to break down the core question first: what does it mean to be a Alpha Male?

This is hardly a new question and a great many answers have been found by different groups over the eons. What I came up with is, beneath all the various forms of socio-cultural machismo window dressing, it boils down to a few key elements: an open mind, emotional control, and honor.

A real Alpha Males keeps an open mind. Not only does he freely admit when presented with new information that show his earlier views to be wrong, he seeks out those holes and weak spots in his beliefs so as to repair, or if need be, rebuild them.

A real Alpha Males is the master of his emotions. He feels them and is influenced by them, yet they do not rule him. They are tools in his workbelt. He does not lash out in rage: his righteous anger keeps him standing defiantly in the breach where others fall or flee. He does not cower in terror: his fear is tempered into caution and prudence, and it fuels his strength when lives are on the line.

Above all, a real Alpha Males is honorable. Not the trappings of honor found in the codes of chivalry or bushido, but the real deal: someone who does what is right, regardless of personal cost. He stands by his word. He holds himself accountable for his actions, good and bad. When he hears lies, he speaks out against them. When he sees evil, he fights it.

And therein lay the answer. some would be correct if all Alpha Males were Alpha Males, or at least strove to be. A gun does not make a man a Man, any more than a hammer makes a carpenter. Yet, while a carpenter can do most of his job without a hammer, and while there are certainly items besides a hammer he could use to pound in nails if need be, there will always be certain tasks for which it is just the best tool there is.

In the same way, if someone tries to harm me or my loved ones, or if I see a person being raped, or some lunatic shooting into a crowd, why should I have to settle for a loose rock, a pocket knife, or some other substandard tool? Why should I use anything less than the best tool for the job?

A real Alpha Male indeed does not need a gun to stand on his own two feet, or even to stand up against another Alpha Males. But the sad truth of the world is that not all Alpha Males are Alpha Males, and there are monsters in the darkness that wear the semblance of Alpha Males. As Alpha Males, it is our duty to stand against those monsters wherever and whenever we encounter them. Sometimes the best tool is our words, others it is our votes. Sometimes it is simply the example we set for others.

And sometimes, however rarely, that necessary tool is a gun.
I may disagree with you on this topic but this was a well-written and thought out post. I commend you for it.

I don't have any issue with your definition of alpha-male and the examples you cite. I can agree with a great deal of your post. The previous posts I was responding to on what it meant to be an alpha male were frankly caricatures of the very concept of alpha male.

I agree that sometimes guns are necessary in certain circumstances and can only hope those circumstances are rare.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:04 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
The antiquated 2nd Amendment needs to be repealed. None other then conservative columnist George Will suggested we repeal the "embarassing" 2nd Amendment way back in 1991.

George Will Second Amendment | How Embarrassing: The Constitution Protects the Guns that Kill - Baltimore Sun

I have not checked recently but I am guessing Will may have changed his mind. I don't know and I don't care.

The 2nd Amendment is a blemish on the U.S. constitution....and our gun culture is an embarassing national shame.

No offense to the honest hunters out there. That can be sensibly regulated. But it is the gun nuts who insist they walk into coffee shops and public places with guns that make me sick. Grown men who still want to play army. I'll leave that to our professional men and women in the U.S. military.

And spare me the paranoid speeches about the tyrannical government that is going to knock down your door with the barrel of a gun pointing at your paranoid mind. The government has stockpiles and stockpiles of nuclear weapons. No amount of private gun ownership could stand up to that. A strong democracy does not or should not need such a foolish notion to thrive.

I know I'll be long dead before this ever has a chance of happening...seems the lunatics have taken over. That is the lunatics at the NRA have their fists up the a&* of our elected leaders in Congress.
The only lunatics are those from the extreme left who have no problem arming the mexican mafia that killed our border agents. Or the fact that Benghazi was about gun running in Libya. And lo and behold those guns ended up in the hands of Boko Haram.

African Union Commission chief Jean Ping warned NATO, during its bombing campaign and arming of so-called rebel forces in Libya, that the weapons they provided the “rebels” would end up in the hands of al Qaeda throughout Africa.

And the fallout would be where would all the weapons go? Where would be some of those who have been trained how to use weapons [and] how would they be accounted for? … Part of what is happening in Mali is part of the fallout from Libya, and we should not expect that Mali will be the last.”

From Benghazi to Boko Haram: Why I support the Benghazi Inquiry | Black Agenda Report

And spare me the paranoid speeches about the tyrannical government that is going to knock down your door with the barrel of a gun pointing at your paranoid mind.
and then you say The government has stockpiles and stockpiles of nuclear weapons. So guns aren't any use because our government will use nukes on us???

Someone walking into a coffee shop with a rifle isn't the nut here.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I may disagree with you on this topic but this was a well-written and thought out post. I commend you for it.

I don't have any issue with your definition of alpha-male and the examples you cite. I can agree with a great deal of your post. The previous posts I was responding to on what it meant to be an alpha male were frankly caricatures of the very concept of alpha male.

I agree that sometimes guns are necessary in certain circumstances and can only hope those circumstances are rare.
Unfortunately in this world they are going to be common, the only thing we can do is to be ready and stand fast against criminals, and the agents of evil would would harm the innocent and usurpe the liberty of and usurpe the unalienable rights of free men..

Thank you for you complements..

Old 06-07-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The only lunatics are those from the extreme left who have no problem arming the mexican mafia that killed our border agents. Or the fact that Benghazi was about gun running in Libya. And lo and behold those guns ended up in the hands of Boko Haram.

African Union Commission chief Jean Ping warned NATO, during its bombing campaign and arming of so-called rebel forces in Libya, that the weapons they provided the “rebels” would end up in the hands of al Qaeda throughout Africa.

And the fallout would be where would all the weapons go? Where would be some of those who have been trained how to use weapons [and] how would they be accounted for? … Part of what is happening in Mali is part of the fallout from Libya, and we should not expect that Mali will be the last.”

From Benghazi to Boko Haram: Why I support the Benghazi Inquiry | Black Agenda Report

And spare me the paranoid speeches about the tyrannical government that is going to knock down your door with the barrel of a gun pointing at your paranoid mind.
and then you say The government has stockpiles and stockpiles of nuclear weapons. So guns aren't any use because our government will use nukes on us???

Someone walking into a coffee shop with a rifle isn't the nut here.
Something most people don't realize, that and just another reason why Hiltery should not run..

Old 06-08-2014, 06:08 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post

Second amendment should be repealed as soon as possible. If anything, owning a firearm should be a privilege, not an unalienable right.
Go for it. The procedure is clear and it's the way the country was set up. Nobody is stopping you (and others). I wish you luck.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:24 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
And spare me the paranoid speeches about the tyrannical government that is going to knock down your door with the barrel of a gun pointing at your paranoid mind. The government has stockpiles and stockpiles of nuclear weapons. No amount of private gun ownership could stand up to that.
That is funny. Ya do realize that nuclear weapons ain't real useful in combatting guerrilla warfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies