Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 07:54 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
You shouldn't have to "pay attention" to other customers. just in case, while you eat your meal.
O.K., I'll agree to that.

Do you ever pay attention to anything else while you are out with you family?

Speeding car?

People raising their voice?

People throwing stuff?

People setting stuff on fire at Wal-Mart? (yes this has happened)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 07:56 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Wrong. The underlying apprehension, and not fear, is with the people with the semis. With all due respect, one would have to be a fool to ignore someone with a semi-automatic near him. Is he a psycho? Is he a "good guy"? Is he quick to temper? Is he drunk? Etc...etc. When I was a youth and going to college, my uncle said to me always beware of your surroundings and never take your eye off any suspicious individuals.

The bottom line and lesson, any individual with a semi-automatic strapped to his back in a public environment is to eyed with suspicion and not trusted...if you know what's good for you.
semi automatic: one pull of the trigger equals one round fired!
Revolvers are semi automatics!

Stop with the scare tactics!

Old 06-07-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Speeding car?

People throwing stuff?

Knives, don't forget knives!

Don't most restaurants have them?

Old 06-07-2014, 07:58 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsburghFan View Post
Long guns for no reason in a public place?

My Beretta 92 that I carry concealed would have it's safety off, and my hand would never be very far from it. If they ever made hostile gestures, or pointed those long rifles at anyone, my pistol would be out and in their face. I don't miss. And I would not hesitate to pull the trigger in that kind of situation if they pointed their long guns at anyone.

People carrying long guns into the local Olive Garden or whenever are nut jobs who are probably out to intimidate average citizens are not good, and are bad for responsible gun owners like me.
I would not say it happens all the time in our area......but, during hunting season....it does happen.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:59 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,640 times
It's fascinating that a few guys carrying long guns (and not just your average rifle either) into public places have managed to do what gun-control advocates have failed to do...namely get corporations to say that guns aren't welcome in their establishments.

Well done, gun fans! Keep it up and we'll have national gun control before you know it!

Old 06-07-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:

My Beretta 92 that I carry concealed would have it's safety off, and my hand would never be very far from it. If they ever made hostile gestures, or pointed those long rifles at anyone, my pistol would be out and in their face. I don't miss. And I would not hesitate to pull the trigger in that kind of situation if they pointed their long guns at anyone.

People carrying long guns into the local Olive Garden or whenever are nut jobs who are probably out to intimidate average citizens are not good, and are bad for responsible gun owners like me.
Please read P&OC........when it comes to guns..

Old 06-07-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
It's fascinating that a few guys carrying long guns (and not just your average rifle either) into public places have managed to do what gun-control advocates have failed to do...namely get corporations to say that guns aren't welcome in their establishments.

Well done, gun fans! Keep it up and we'll have national gun control before you know it!
Why not call them automatic rifles...even though they are not...

Great job!

BTW.......many (not the NRA) have called those people in TX idiots....

Don't worry about facts...

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
You shouldn't have to "pay attention" to other customers. just in case, while you eat your meal.
wrong, you should ALWAYS pay attention to what is going on around you, even if it seems to be just another day. you never know when a real criminal is going to pull a concealed firearm and rob the place, or start shooting just because. you also never know when someone is going to decide to make the dining area of the restaurant a drive through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Wrong. The underlying apprehension, and not fear, is with the people with the semis. With all due respect, one would have to be a fool to ignore someone with a semi-automatic near him. Is he a psycho? Is he a "good guy"? Is he quick to temper? Is he drunk? Etc...etc. When I was a youth and going to college, my uncle said to me always beware of your surroundings and never take your eye off any suspicious individuals.

The bottom line and lesson, any individual with a semi-automatic strapped to his back in a public environment is to eyed with suspicion and not trusted...if you know what's good for you.
would you feel better if the guns in question were revolvers? with a little practice i can get off just as many shots with a revolver as i can with an autoloader. i can also reload just about as fast as well with speed loaders. as i said, you fear the firearm, and the people that choose to carry them. and you fear it because you are not in touch with nature.

Quote:

You have to have a reason?

My old home town of Davie, Florida has hitching posts at the local McDonald's.

Cowboys ride up there on their horses after a day at the shooting range.

You suggest that they leave their ar15's and other assorted 'long guns' with their saddle bags outside?

Not just Mickey Dees has the hitching posts either.
Almost every place in Davie has them.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:02 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Speeding car?

People throwing stuff?

People having violent, loud, gassy diarrhea in the walk way in a movie theater while the movie is playing in front of like 200 people....... I swear it and I can say it was one of the funniest thing in I have ever seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies