Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 04:36 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,752,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That might just be her in her street clothes.
Um, what does her clothes have to do with her face?

Old 06-14-2014, 04:43 PM

72,846 posts, read 62,260,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
I say this as a white, Irish-Catholic Republican:

How the hell is he "egging" her on??? The guy is not only being called racist names, but he's being told he will be physically assaulted by the strippers boyfriend/baby daddy. The guy showed tremendous restraint in not slapping the ****e out of her. This "woman" cared less about her kids than he did. She's trash. I'm glad the guy showed this on youtube.
And this guy filming her exposed the reality that there are people who will spout bigoted stuff out there. To defend this woman, well, I find it quite repugnant.

Now, there is another side to this. She is claiming that she "strips for cops". She's a stripper. All that tells me about her is that her bigoted tirade is a more vocal reflection of the way she is. She has a trashy way about her. We both agree that she behaves quite trashy. What it tells me is that she is willing to degrade herself.

And in a subtle way, the tirade reveals something else. That is about all she can do. Her tirade was probably her way of getting off. It was her way of making herself feel good. Her way of feeling good, of feeling power, is falling back on the feeling of racial superiority. She has a profession of ill repute. However, in her mind, she feels that being able to call another person racial slurs gives her a kind of power. To her, being Black is actually worse than being a stripper. For that reason, she feels that calling someone the "n" word gives her power. When she found that he was handling himself relatively calmly, she got even more livid. She got livid because she couldn't really get to him as easily as she thought.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Um, what does her clothes have to do with her face?
No makeup.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:17 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,204,415 times
Quote:
And this guy filming her exposed the reality that there are people who will spout bigoted stuff out there.
The horror!!!

Old 06-14-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
The horror!!!
I take it that this is sarcasm. If this isn't sarcasm, fine. If this is sarcasm, I have a question for you. How were her actions not horrible?

Old 06-14-2014, 11:39 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,204,415 times
Quote:
I take it that this is sarcasm. If this isn't sarcasm, fine. If this is sarcasm, I have a question for you. How were her actions not horrible?
They were not nice, that's for certain. They weren't very considerate.

Her actions on a whole were pretty deplorable.

But make no mistake, this is not about her actions as a whole.it's about that one word. Her overall behavior is almost a subset of the main driver here.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
They were not nice, that's for certain. They weren't very considerate.

Her actions on a whole were pretty deplorable.

But make no mistake, this is not about her actions as a whole.it's about that one word. Her overall behavior is almost a subset of the main driver here.
Her whole behavior was deplorable. It shows trashiness. However, the N word is an essential part of this. I've been heckled in public before, specifically by passer-by types in their cars, I've been called the N word by such persons. Let me set up my argument.

Her screaming was quite stupid. However, the reason the N word is such a big deal is because you don't say that word for nothing. This woman directed her rage towards someone by using the N word. She picked at a Black person. It was her use of words combined with the screaming that makes this a big deal.

And now I'm going into part two. Why would she say something like that? Consider this. Her behavior in public was deplorable and trashy. And inexcusable. She is a stripper, a very deplorable kind of work. Everything culminating up to that. Her work is of ill repute, her behavior in public around her children is deplorable, no decorum. This going up to the N word spells a trashy lifestyle.

Now, I'm closing in on the point. Everything about the way this woman is living says she has very little power. Someone living like that goes up to someone and screams racial slurs at another person. This woman swa it fit to yell racial slurs at someone. Why? Is her life so pathetic that the only thing she can point to is "at least I'm not Black", or "I strip for cops" or "I'm White"? I think about some of the persons who have said racially motivated things to me. Some of those persons were the types who weren't that bright, or even had anything going for them. It was usually a trashy person.

My point is this. Her behavior points to how many persons who don't have much going for them think. It points to issues involving power and control. By calling that man the N word, it was her pathetic way of an attempt to "assert power". She knew nothing of this man other than him being Black. To her, not being Black meant she could assert herself over someone who is Black. To her, calling a Black man the N word meant having power over him, in the only way she knew how.

There are bigots everywhere. Some persons are not as open about it. Why? Some don't have to be open about it. Someone who has millions of dollars and is in a position of power (such as hiring or in the government) might feel threatened, but at the same time, feels like "I have power, I don't have to say I'm a bigot. I can just act on it, in a sneaky way". This woman has no power.

Old 06-15-2014, 03:36 PM

18,940 posts, read 43,356,769 times
I don't think she'd try that at the Dollar General in my town.

Old 06-15-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I don't think she'd try that at the Dollar General in my town.
What is your town like?

Old 06-15-2014, 05:42 PM

18,940 posts, read 43,356,769 times
Quote:
What is your town like?
50/50 black and white. Despite this being the Deep South, most black folks here won't stand for a white person calling them a N****r to their face, especially at a Dollar General, which isn't known for its classy customers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies