Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 01:05 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The guy is a vast element of intelligence, if he is a traitor.
Obama may have wanted that intelligence, more than the 5 deadly guys we had in jail. Who in a year will be screaming, you should have killed me, you infidel.
Maybe the plan all along was to have this guy pretend to go AWOL and gather intel on the Taliban?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 01:06 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
BREAKING: House to Launch Investigation of Obama for Releasing Terrorists

''Rep. Paul Ryan pledged Friday night that House Republicans will investigate President Barack Obama’s deal to secure the release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.''

''For now, he said, the Senate is a “graveyard of good ideas” and Republicans must focus on aggressive oversight as their best bet to hold Obama accountable.''

“I’m part of the IRS investigation,” Ryan told about 600 people in a ballroom at the Hotel Roanoke. “We’ve got the Benghazi investigation, the Veterans Affairs investigation, and we’re going to do an investigation about this troop transfer with the Taliban. So we’ve got a lot on our plate.”
AND JUST LIKE WITH THE IRS, BENGHAZI, FAST AND FURIOUS..........YOU WILL HEAR THIS FROM THE MEDIA........

[youtube]
=204yyqebnDE[youtube]

AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN..........

His skin color makes him a sacred cow and a protected class! Nobody wants to say it or admit it! It has allowed him cover and protection from things that most white men would have been impeached for, by now! None of the white repugs want to be called a racist and they are scared to death of losing a black vote they will NEVER get anyway!! So they don't press Obama as hard as they should because the race card gets played and it works!!

This country is in a spiral..........

Old 06-08-2014, 01:06 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
As I predicted
Libs are perfectly fine wasting billions on green energy flameouts but scream when dear leader may be in the hot seat for his BS he pulls. Typical.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:08 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
BREAKING: House to Launch Investigation of Obama for Releasing Terrorists

''Rep. Paul Ryan pledged Friday night that House Republicans will investigate President Barack Obama’s deal to secure the release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.''

''For now, he said, the Senate is a “graveyard of good ideas” and Republicans must focus on aggressive oversight as their best bet to hold Obama accountable.''

“I’m part of the IRS investigation,” Ryan told about 600 people in a ballroom at the Hotel Roanoke. “We’ve got the Benghazi investigation, the Veterans Affairs investigation, and we’re going to do an investigation about this troop transfer with the Taliban. So we’ve got a lot on our plate.”
The GOP wants to waste more time and money conducting another non-productive investigation about nothing. What is BREAKING about that?

Old 06-08-2014, 01:25 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
You call it "nothing" but your not over there like our troops are. I listen to what they say and now liberals are calling them traitors and liars. You people are the same spitters who went after the nam vets. Pathetic.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:36 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times

Old 06-08-2014, 01:52 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
While I'm not fan of Obama this it a Republican dog and pony show.

They wrote the bill with the 30 day notification in it.
The President signed it with a statement that he would not follow the 30 day notification.
Congress did NOTHING about it then.

Paul Ryan has NOTHING.
I completely disagree. When you say "nothing," you are apparently surmising that the investigation is intended to bring about answers to whether the President broke the law or not. I don't think anyone is seriously motivated by respect for the "law" in this situation because the law is not about the caliber or the number of prisoner swaps, but about prior consultation.

I believe what a House investigation will focus on is whether the President exercised good judgment in allowing those 5 particular high-ranking Taliban to be set free. These are legitimate questions that at a bare minimum allow the nation and the world to see that this Administration does not have our best interests at heart (not that people don't already know that). The "law" may be a good talking point, but I believe the findings of the investigation will be more about a damning indictment on the ability of this President to make good decisions.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:58 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,816,860 times
Weren't the 5 (plus others) to be released at the end of this year anyway?

Old 06-08-2014, 02:05 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
They say things like this but nothing ever comes of it. Either start the impeachment proceedings or stop getting everyone's hopes up with these passive investigations where nothing ever happens.
You've got it right, Daylux.

Paul Ryan can 'pledge' until the cows come home. It does not equal a 'launch of a huge investigation' or anything else. Though I do look to see Ryan repeating his 'pledge' in a fundraising letter.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:38 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Weren't the 5 (plus others) to be released at the end of this year anyway?
Immaterial as long as the GOP can get some political mileage out of it NOW. They know that in six months their idiot constituents will have forgotten all about it--there will, no doubt, be 20 other things they'll be told they must be outraged about between now and then--and that's all the matters. To keep them perpetually outraged.

And it works. This thread is exhibit A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies