Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
mother jones? really? here is a more credible story about these two;

Vegas Killers Covered Dead Cops With Cloth - Couple appear to have links to the white supremacist movement

the story indicates that the two were kicked off the bundy ranch by the way.
How is one story more credible than the other ? does your newser story discredit mother jones in any way ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 02:34 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Don't try to put others' words in my mouth. I really don't care what others have posted on other threads, my posts here have been very clear. The US government has literally tons of innocent blood on its hands, for it or its defenders to whine about "anti-government" people killing a couple cops, well, that's just absurd. Our government is a violent bully of the world. It has no credibility or standing to judge anyone or anything as wrong.
This is a good point, we do have blood on our hands and are turning into a Stasi-like surveillance state. We HAVE been beating up on third world countries, apparently in an effort to give business to the defense contractors who largely own Congress, and who even managed to get a man into the Vice Presidency once.

However it's a comparative thing ..... humans need and mostly want some amount of govt to get along with each other, usually by force, to establish laws that everyone is supposed to obey, and to defend against other countries.

If you look at history, basically the US is the most benevolent world-class empire that has ever existed ..... we're slowly improving as a species, much less violence and coercion than ever before. We all have a decent standard of living, unlike our ancestors who were often on the edge of starvation. We've got plenty of toys, and furthermore we have individual rights that are usually enforced.

Even if the Millers weren't just tweakers and nutters, even if they were part of a larger organized Bundy-type revolt, the result would be much worse than the ailment they wanted to cure. It's better to work on govt from within rather than with violence. It's not as quick, but it usually goes in the right direction eventually.

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
"The suspects in Sunday's shooting spree in Las Vegas that claimed the lives of two police officers and a shopper were a young married couple who espoused extreme pro-gun and anti-government views on their Facebook pages and who had spent time at the ranch of Cliven Bundy, whose standoff with the federal government made him a cause celebre in the so-called 'patriot' movement."
Liberals constantly nitpick conservative cites, only to post the likes of Mother Jones - no hypocrisy there

The key here is "extremists" and they certainly are not Patriots.

Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers

They found swastikas in their apartment, so that takes conservative and patriots right off the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
How is one story more credible than the other ? does your newser story discredit mother jones in any way ?
This coming from someone who discounts anything from Fox, Breitbart, WMD...etc. ...right?

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Ah, a vote for "They deserved to be murdered because the government made the killers do it."

Nice choice!
That's your words that they deserved to be murdered. What I said is you will see more of this violence as liberties are taken away....that's my opinion and I think it's near 100% likely that is what will happen. When you push people in a corner and start taking their stuff, they are more apt to react with violence. That's human nature...mj

Old 06-09-2014, 02:37 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Bull. You righties have made all of that up, and we all know it.

And you just did what you say you don't do. Stuff your hypocrisy … well, you know.
Yeah, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Happily the wing nuts are the only ones dumb enough to believe their own propaganda.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:38 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Liberals constantly nitpick conservative cites, only to post the likes of Mother Jones - no hypocrisy there

The key here is "extremists" and they certainly are not Patriots.

Report: Swastikas found in apartment of Las Vegas cop killers

They found swastikas in their apartment, so that takes conservative and patriots right off the table.
You're just ignorant as most of the "sovereign citizen" nonsense was started by white supremacists.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:40 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Pretty sad story, one of the police officers had 3 kids and both of them were just minding their own business enjoying their lunch and these two losers decide to take their lives. I can see why the BLM needed guns at the Bundy Ranch if this is representative of the local so called militias. How do these crazy people get guns.

I am sure this will have a rather large impact on some of the Nevada Sheriffs that were supporting these types of groups.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:41 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
"The suspects in Sunday's shooting spree in Las Vegas that claimed the lives of two police officers and a shopper were a young married couple who espoused extreme pro-gun and anti-government views on their Facebook pages and who had spent time at the ranch of Cliven Bundy, whose standoff with the federal government made him a cause celebre in the so-called 'patriot' movement."

When is this country going to stop coddling these maniacs and start calling them out for what they are: terrorists?

The Chilling Anti-Government, Cliven Bundy-Loving Facebook Posts of the Alleged Las Vegas Shooters | Mother Jones
I guess your first clue was when they said, "This is a revolution"?

The good thing for the anti-gun nuts is that there has been ONE pro gun "right wing" killer to balance off the last 20 or so LEFT WING NUTS who have killed people with guns.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

This coming from someone who discounts anything from Fox, Breitbart, WMD...etc. ...right?
Show me a post where I discounted an article that come from any of those sites just because they came from those sites ?

Old 06-09-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Ah, the old "it was all a lie" excuse. That one's classic. Too bad it never works.

ETA: Oh look, I was called a rightie again. How do you know which hand I write with? I could be a leftie, you know. It isn't nearly as uncommon now that Catholic nuns aren't beating children for writing with the wrong hand.
Its a lie because no one ever backed it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies