Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 08:40 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
What the hell?

As a Mexican American i want to assimilate to the United States culture. I want to become part of the United States. Why are you talking like this is serious? Why do you want to go with war against the country where my ancestors came from? What about us? I want to become an American and assimiliate, but its people like you that makes me go "what the hell"?

You want us to assimilate yet you talk crap like this? When has Mexico ever had bad intentions towards the U.S? Do you see Mexicans blowing up buildings? Infiltrating your secret data? Just because poor people are looking for better things they are declaring war and that give us reason enough to go to war against Mexico? Won't that make it worst? A destroyed Mexico will actually push more immigrants over here?

Don't you think if the Mexican government builds big walls to keep their poor in and not escape, make them look bad?

Won't that make them look like North Koreans were there poor can't escape? I know i would see it like that.

It would actually look worst if the Mexican government builds walls and puts their military on the border and force their people from migrating to look for better opportunities.

Stop talking from your butt. Go to something more productive instead of trying to pick a fight with countries. I bet you have never served in the military.

All opinions are welcome. Don't take it personal, but there is justification for war. Have you seen what is happening along the US border?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 08:45 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,987,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Mexico is completely ignoring their duties as a nation in respect to controlling their population and their border. Their cartels import drugs, weapons and slaves into the US. Their unhappy citizens cross our border in droves illegally.

If I was elected president the first call I make would be to the Mexican president making it clear that I see it as an act of war their complete failure to stop the drugs and the illegals.

Secure your country or we will do it for you and you might find Mexico to be 3 or 4 States in the US.

Mexico has over 120 million people so if we take them over and they vote as a block for their own guys, they might end up running the United States. It wouldn't be such a stretch because the full name of Mexico is Estados Unidos de Mexico (The United States of Mexico).

Old 06-10-2014, 08:51 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Mexico is completely ignoring their duties as a nation in respect to controlling their population and their border. Their cartels import drugs, weapons and slaves into the US. Their unhappy citizens cross our border in droves illegally.

If I was elected president the first call I make would be to the Mexican president making it clear that I see it as an act of war their complete failure to stop the drugs and the illegals.

Secure your country or we will do it for you and you might find Mexico to be 3 or 4 States in the US.
We control our borders and we don't no one else will. As it is many want to replace US workers who wouldn't do a lot of jobs with Mexicans who will. They see their kids being like past generations in upward mobility . We quite frankly are importing workers form all over in that vision of solution to competitiveness problem. The strange part is the unemployed vote for politicians with that vision while griping about their not having jobs.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:00 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:

Wow. Look up in the sky.... it's a bird..... it's a plane....... it's Super Hawk.

Let everyone know when you send your children to fight and die because you've decided war is a good solution.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 06-10-2014 at 09:09 PM..

Old 06-10-2014, 09:12 PM

260 posts, read 195,153 times
Soon the last old-school empire, the American Empire, will start faltering badly and the SW tier of states will splinter off along with most of California and so it goes. Will anyone really miss California that much or the Southwestern states? I doubt it. The rest of the country will have to decide how to deal with the massive immigrant numbers in the territory remaining, if at that point it will even matter after all the assimilation and cultural meshing.

There are just times when too much expansion mixed with a less-than-enthusiastic citizenry changes ambitions and makes territorial retention impossible.

At any rate, the new wars are economic and the territories are markets won by margins decided by costs and demand. Why waste the resources to conquer physically when you can rent, extort, divert, usurp and co-opt while not worrying about direct maintenance costs?

Old 06-10-2014, 09:16 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Good grief.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:18 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
well lets see? we hire the illegals, most of the people here are rich enough to buy a computer to type on CDF so they probably have a mexican housekeeper and gardener who do not have papers. so we are going to stop illegals? who hires them? you do.
so we are going to stop the sale of drugs? who buys them. do you think these jobless kids spend that kind of money on dope? they cant even buy a burger without mommy giving them the money. do you the old people buy the dope? who buys it??? the kids do. and who gives them the money to buy it? you do.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:21 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times

Old 06-10-2014, 09:22 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,073,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
How does Mexico treat it's Illegal Central Americans ?
The people mistreating Central Americans are corrupt cops and the cartels. People who discriminate against Central Americans is just how American discriminate against Latin Americans, Asians, and Arab immigrants. Everyone discriminates against new immigrants. That does not mean its right. People are also fighting to stop discrimination of Central Americans in Mexico. Just because a certain people in a country is doing it does not justify we should to it to their poor people.
Quote:
Mexico needs to deal with their own problems instead of encouraging their reject losers to sneak into the US and parasite off American taxpayers.

Mexicans need to grow a spine and deal with their own problems instead off coming here to leach of the system.

Syrians, Egyptians, Libyans and other people at least try to fix their own countries, instead Mexicans cowardly flee into the USA to cause problems here instead of manning up and dealing with their own issues.
Oh yes because European immigrants dealt with their problems in their home country and didnt come to the United States to seek better opportunities. How exactly are poor people able to fix their country? Poor people in the United States are doing better than poor people in 3rd world country and have better support safety nets and they still can't fix this country? How are 3rd people going to fix their country then?

Quote:
Now these LOSERS are sending their children ALONE here to leach of the system.
I guess your ancestors were losers for not staying in Europe and "fixing their country". Leaching off the system. What an old stereotype. Why is it always the new immigrants the ones who leach of the system? Hmmm. I have never leech off the system.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:

Well, the first step is to stop the demand/incentive that drives these Mexican imports. And that's on us.

[maybe we should declare a war on drugs or something...]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies