Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 01:34 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
That's not how it works.
I know that I was happy with my insurance but I got the letter that told me I will lose my insurance on Dec 2014 due to ACA. Yep, after Obama lied and said "if you like your healthcare insurance you can keep your insurance, period". I tried to find comparative insurance and my insurance premiums go up nearly 40%, my deductible doubles.

And I'm supposed to keep my mouth shut and be happy about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 01:35 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And the rest of us get to pay their share.

Correct because the subsidies to pay for the difference do not come from the health fairy. We can debate whether or not that is the moral thing to do but when people act like the money comes out of thin air you have to wonder what their own personal finances look like.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
I know that I was happy with my insurance but I got the letter that told me I will lose my insurance on Dec 2014 due to ACA. Yep, after Obama lied and said "if you like your healthcare insurance you can keep your insurance". I tried to find comparative insurance and my insurance premiums go up nearly 40%, my deductible doubles.
Cause that increased premium has to pay for all the "free stuff" now.
The "free" preventative care isn't free. Who do you think was going to pay for it ?

Privatize profits and socialize debts.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
I know that I was happy with my insurance but I got the letter that told me I will lose my insurance on Dec 2014 due to ACA. Yep, after Obama lied and said "if you like your healthcare insurance you can keep your insurance". I tried to find comparative insurance and my insurance premiums go up nearly 40%, my deductible doubles.

Yes, as the Obama administration reportedly told the military leaders recently," Shut up and salute."

Old 06-11-2014, 01:38 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Cause that increased premium has to pay for all the "free stuff" now.
The "free" preventative care isn't free. Who do you think was going to pay for it ?

Privatize profits and socialize debts.
uhm, I pay for preventative care for me and for them. Oh and I have to pay for maternity needs too. I don't plan on having more children.

But then again, if I don't depend on income and can control it like the rich can I can benefit too .

Old 06-11-2014, 01:39 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,117,461 times
That's another $4B sucked right out of the economy. And liberals everywhere rejoice!

Old 06-11-2014, 01:41 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,259,194 times
Quote:
I know that I was happy with my insurance but I got the letter that told me I will lose my insurance on Dec 2014 due to ACA. Yep, after Obama lied and said "if you like your healthcare insurance you can keep your insurance, period". I tried to find comparative insurance and my insurance premiums go up nearly 40%, my deductible doubles.

No, just stop blaming it on the poor. I've told you no less than ten times that premium increases have absolutely nothing to do with premium subsidies. Your premium was going to go up even if there were no subsidies included in the ACA.

My premium went up almost 200% for the same plan, but you don't see me making up falsehoods.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:41 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
uhm, I pay for preventative care for me and for them. Oh and I have to pay for maternity needs too. I don't plan on having more children.

But then again, if I don't depend on income and can control it like the rich can I can benefit too .
This bill was done 100% by the DEMS and "for the people".

This is what they wanted.

The rich are sitting in DC writing these laws and passing them and signing them.
And yes..control your income like the rich do and you can avoid all this mess as well.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:44 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The penalty can only be taken from refunds if they don't pay.

EIC gives you money back. But it you owe a penalty then no more EIC .....

I am actually fine with this. How the heck someone gets a refund for something they haven't paid is beyond me. smdh.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
No, just stop blaming it on the poor. I've told you no less than ten times that premium increases have absolutely nothing to do with premium subsidies. Your premium was going to go up even if there were no subsidies included in the ACA.

My premium went up almost 200% for the same plan, but you don't see me making up falsehoods.

Even if that is true, we cannot have the perfectly decent plans we had then in order to subsidize the awful plans that we have now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies