Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 09:14 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,617 times

Advertisements

Didn't Brat get befuddled when Chuck Todd asked him about Syria and say he was just doing celebratory interviews and didn't want hard questions? Looks like Tweety Bird is as clueless as ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 09:18 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Ahhhh yes....chris matthews the left's cheerleader they all love and enjoy and worship!
We do? Thanks for letting me know who I worship, I had no clue how I felt until you told me.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:20 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Boomers, as a group, deserve no love. They are the most selfish generation in the history of the country.
Nice, holding an entire generation for all of the problems in our nation; seems rational to me!

Old 06-12-2014, 03:24 PM

109 posts, read 91,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Boomers, as a group, deserve no love. They are the most selfish generation in the history of the country.
Got a link, to back that up?

Not the boomers I know. You need to get out more.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:55 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Have you heard him wax poetic about Reagan?
Chris revered Tip O'Neill and how the two old Irishmen could raise hell with partisan politics during the day, but still respect each other enough to share a drink after hours and talk about what they could do to work together to accomplish things. The Gipper and Tip knew when to compromise. Chris respected that.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2020 View Post
Why do you hate senior citizens? That's all you ever do is criticize the elderly. You, sir, are a cad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
He's right, and he's been a political insider for quite some time now. The TP is far from dead, as some pundits said a few weeks ago when mainline GOPers won their primaries against TP opponents. But it's clear that the threat of TP primaries has the GOP old guard moving further to the right.
Perhaps Senior Citizens should ask Brat what he would do with Medicare.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:34 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
We do? Thanks for letting me know who I worship, I had no clue how I felt until you told me.
Now you know how we feel. We don't really care about promoting investment in business to create more jobs and healthier economy, we just want rich people to get richer. We don't really believe that human life begins at conception, we just want to control women's bodies. We don't really believe that Obamacare is an unworkable way to improve healthcare, we just want children with downs syndrome to fend for themselves. We don't really believe that our elections should be secured from corruption, we just want to bring back Jim Crow laws. It's fun having someone else misrepresent what your motivations are true thoughts are in order to make you appear to be completely different than you really are, isn't it?

Old 06-12-2014, 05:51 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
They didn't lose Chris. He just wants to reel in the insane chatter from the left, to keep from waking a sleeping giant (so to speak)

A few months ago the left was exclaiming "the TEA party is dead!" while the independents and Libertarians in here were trying to tell them they were wrong.

I wonder if Cantor still doubts just how strong the TEA people are.

Farrow asked Matthews, “Is it rare to see that kind of brazen intellectualism, particularly in populist candidates like this?”

“Well, first of all, I don’t think you can assume that the liberals are smarter than the conservative professors,” Matthews immediately shot back.

See how imbecilic Farrow's question was? The arrogance is just dripping off that guys tongue and Mathews called him on it.

and then one of the brightest statements I have ever heard, and a shock from him:
“So this looking down our noses at Tea Party people has got to stop,” Mathews added. “They have a message, they are as American as any liberal is, and they are really angry at the failure of the system.”

One of the few times Mathews got it exactly right!

Old 06-12-2014, 05:58 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Nice to see Matthews having enough gumption to admit that he's licked.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:00 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Originally Posted by jacqueg
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Now you know how we feel. We don't really care about promoting investment in business to create more jobs and healthier economy, we just want rich people to get richer. We don't really believe that human life begins at conception, we just want to control women's bodies. We don't really believe that Obamacare is an unworkable way to improve healthcare, we just want children with downs syndrome to fend for themselves. We don't really believe that our elections should be secured from corruption, we just want to bring back Jim Crow laws. It's fun having someone else misrepresent what your motivations are true thoughts are in order to make you appear to be completely different than you really are, isn't it?
Don't forget to add that "whenever we call out the President for lying or flat out irresponsible acts" we are told it isn't because he's wrong, but because we are racists.

@jacqueq It's pretty crappy to be continually told we are something we aren't, while what we are saying and why is being completely ignored. It's called pride and arrogance, and "pride goes before the fall"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies