Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 07:49 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,449,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I laugh at anyone who believes their 1st amendment rights allow them to take away my rights.
Like the GOP candidate who used his first amendment rights to state he believes that he can take others right to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 07:57 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,753,131 times
Again with the one represents the whole meme...

You can see the difference between Jihad extremists and Muslims, yet have no problem acting as if a single voice represents all of Christianity.

Are you an angry atheist? Do you just hate Christians, but Muslims and Hindus are okay? What about Jews?

I mean this selective tripe is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow
I laugh at anyone who believes their 1st amendment rights allow them to take away my rights.

What is there not to agree with on this point ECW?

Old 06-12-2014, 08:48 PM

39,809 posts, read 26,359,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Massive Anti-Gun Rally Draws 12 Or Less Protesters - Downtrend.com

Did you see the huge Moms Demand Action anti-gun rally on the news yesterday? No? Maybe it’s because a handful of random people barely qualifies as a get-together, let alone a protest.
That's some good news. At least in Dallas, there are only a few intellectually challenged, emotionally driven, irrational nitwits. I bet they could scrounge up some more in San Francisco.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:15 PM

30,183 posts, read 23,594,192 times
This part slayed me:

Women demand Target prohibit the open carry of guns in stores at shareholder meeting | Dallas Morning News

Quote:
The women at the gathering said they’re not shopping at Target until it happens.

“I’m a Texas mom,” Lundy said. “...This skirt I put on this morning is actually from Target. But I won’t be going there for a while.”
I'm still going to use their stuff, but I'm not going there until I've made my point.

F-en hypocrite.

To the predictable: "But, like, zOMG, like, she already bought it, like, why wouldn't she wear it?"

Because if you really are that passionate about your cause, you don't parade around in attire from the very place you're protesting.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:57 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,157,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Why would you call this massive? Because some obscure nutball website said it was massive?

how about the Dallas morning news. that was the link in the story.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:01 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,415,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Why would you call this massive? Because some obscure nutball website said it was massive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
how about the Dallas morning news. that was the link in the story.
You are mistaken. The Dallas Morning News did not call it massive.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:02 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,157,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
You are mistaken. The Dallas Morning News did not call it massive.

I did not say it was massive, I said it was reported by the Dallas morning news.

EOS

Old 06-12-2014, 10:04 PM

1,264 posts, read 1,546,538 times
umm, If you read the non crazy article in the Dallas paper, they mention that the group was able to get over 200,000 signatures to support their cause, I'd call that a "total failure"

Old 06-12-2014, 10:25 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,720,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Mocking people using the First Amendment. I knew you cons secretly hate the thing.
That is the First Amendment, which I love and would give my life to defend...

Old 06-13-2014, 04:01 AM

3,557 posts, read 4,083,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
That is the First Amendment, which I love and would give my life to defend...
Then why laugh at women exercising that right? Its not as if they were saying for weeks they would have thousands or millions like several TP movements in the past months and then showed up with a handful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies