Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 09:55 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,984,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
You really are fully delusional, if you actually think half the country is benefiting. The only ones that benefit from wallstreet, are wallstreeters, not the "little guy, or "main street"...Stop being naive.

I don't care what its called, the fed is still injecting money into the market. You must be a left winger, since you never even bothered to acknowledge the detroit situation ( » The Death And Decay Of Detroit, As Seen From The Streets Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind! ). Wallstreet is doing great! Pay no attention to detroit everyone!
"Delusional" ... would describe many of the RWNJ's here perfectly!

Good choice of words!

Old 06-14-2014, 10:26 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
"Delusional" ... would describe many of the RWNJ's here perfectly!

Good choice of words!
Lefty loosey, righty tighty.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:52 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
You need a source??

Look out your car window as you drive though any town.....look at the businesses that have closed.
Things are much better here than 2008. They're much better than 1983. Yep, all I have to do is look out the window to see the fallacy of the OP.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:55 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
He is being tested on all sides and failing every time. He is letting Iraq implode and laughing in the faces of the parents of the soldiers who died there in warfare for the last 12 years.

Now Russia is rolling tanks into the Ukraine because they know damn well Obama is already in a fugue state and will not react. I wonder if he's sitting under his desk sucking his thumb?
And you really think having more people die in Iraq is going to make those parents feel any better?

Old 06-14-2014, 10:57 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Makes it hard to argue against.... that his goal from day one has been to bring down the United States of America. Not a christian thing to say but God how I despise Obama!

Obama is driving the country to ruin | New York Post
Life must really suck for you. Going around with bottled up hatred and all...

Old 06-14-2014, 10:59 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Things are much better here than 2008. They're much better than 1983. Yep, all I have to do is look out the window to see the fallacy of the OP.
Is your money worth as much???

What were the interest rates then????

I know they were low.....that is when I pulled out of banks.....after that I lost track.

BTW....it is a big country.....I do know things in some areas are good and some even great.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:43 AM

3,839 posts, read 3,066,312 times
On positive note, I understand Obama is shooting par today.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:14 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Is your money worth as much???

What were the interest rates then????

I know they were low.....that is when I pulled out of banks.....after that I lost track.

BTW....it is a big country.....I do know things in some areas are good and some even great.
Things are much better here, all around. My yearly raises have outpaced inflation - not by much, but I'm ahead of the game.

The point is this: Even if Obama wanted to destroy the country, he wouldn't be able to. These gloom and doom threads are ridiculous. You're a reasonable and intelligent woman. I'm sure you agree, if only in part.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:29 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
That one guy writes an opinion to a newspaper doesn't mean that you should agree or sit around crying. Here's the sum total of what the guy whined about. Coal regulations, VA scandal, Iran, trading for a POW, Obamacare and targeting conservative groups.

Now, put away the childish emotions. What's missing there. When you go to the doctor and he says that you're not eating well, the doctor is able to say here's how you should eat. What's missing here is the guy has no data and no discussion, at all, of how he should have handled things differently.

YOU are letting yourself by manipulated by people who just whine all day.

Coal Regulations - 2% per year in place in 16 years. Cry me a river. The coal industry's real problem is that natural gas is world's cheaper and it's cleaner. The toll the guy talks about? A few thousand jobs. That's assuming that by that time we're not exporting out all of our coal. Notice how he doesn't mention natural gas? That's because he's a clueless, whining little partisan

VA scandal - Sure, there are issues there. Would it have been different under Romney? No evidence of that. Was congress looking to spend more money on anything? No. 2 wars, way more vets and nobody was running to give funding. There's all of 0 evidence that the President knew of the problems and they put a frickin' General in charge. It's an issue, obviously, but not POTUS fault and you'd have the same situation under Romney.

Iran - Ok, ante up what POTUS is supposed to do here. There's no good alternative. He's doing what the previous governments have done. Our foreign policy position is weakened by having foolishly gone in Iraq. There no longer a threat on Iran's doorstep and the population don't want troops on the ground anywhere.

Trading for a POW - Want to see the hypocrisy in the whining here? McCain, the POTUS candidate for Obama's first election, was on record last year trying to bring the guy home. Now he's on record saying we shouldn't have. It's just partisan whining. The author says he's an alleged deserter. Don't we have a presumption of innocence in this country? Oh right, that only applies when it's useful for whining like a little girl about the other side

Obamacare - Ok, this is a big change in regulation, but for all of the conservative whining about this, nobody talks about how it was a conservative idea and it was put forward as the conservative health plan in the 90's. There was NO other alternative put forward and it has had some positive effects. He doesn't give any detail or data about why he thinks it's bad

Targeting conservative groups - There's all of 0 evidence showing that this was politically motivated. Some liberal groups were targeted too. What he doesn't mention here is the Citizens United ruling. That basically made these groups balloon, the IRS had no additional resources and they tried to find a way to hold people accountable. It was a bad idea, but he says it was politically motivated which he doesn't prove.

Seriously, don't let yourself be manipulated by this garbage. The bulk of the issues in this country are STILL associated with our debt and the effects of the great recession and the ongoing offshoring of American jobs. Simpletons like the partisan whining in this editorial would rather just whine about the other side though.
Wow. Impressive.
Do you tap dance for a living or just exclusively for Ovomit?

Old 06-14-2014, 02:10 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
An OPINION article as a source?
It's a very good and accurate piece. I encourage you to thwart the points the author made. Moonbats have a standing policy to attack the source of truths they can't refute. It's sad really because their racial or intellectual biases stop them from making intelligent decisions based in the information prsented.

Last edited by Crossfire600; 06-14-2014 at 02:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies