Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 11:09 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,765,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Anyhow you contradict yourself -- why would you liberals be such bootlickers of Obama if you really thought he was enforcing immigraton laws if you think all the Americans unemployed and otherwise want all this unlimited cheap labor to be allowed to come over as they please?

You'd oppose Obama if you really thought he was enforcing the laws.
^^^.

If he was really enforcing the law, maybe my county would finally be back to normal and not have such a big problem.

Not to mention most liberals where I grew up don't even live near where are the illegals are. They're also creating an achievement gap in the county's top school systems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 02:24 PM

88,789 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Obviously, they don't determine their votes based solely on the abortion issue or other related social issues (birth control, gays).

What's left is economic (including safety net) and civil liberty issues.
Okay... Well, Democrats fail on the economic issue for the poor. Only 30% of those born poor ever make it up to middle class. And civil liberties? Obama is worse than Bush.
ACLU: Obama Worse Than Bush On Civil Liberty Issues | WBNS

So, remind me again why they vote for a party that isn't doing anything for them other than getting them hooked on government handouts.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:53 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,865,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
What are you talking about?

Obama is president because he did so well with Hispanic voters. Obama won during a time when the economy was still in the tank and he did bad with white voters. How do yall think you will do against Hillary when the economy is better and she picks a larger chunk of a decreasing white vote?
Many anglo white voters stayed HOME and did NOT vote at all because they hated Obama AND Romney. If it had been another Repub running, IMHO Obama would've been history in 2012.

Like I said: I ain't real concerned about Hispanic Dem people since very few even can vote.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:09 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,510,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No.
Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported | Reuters

Legalizing illegals IS a losing issue. Take heed.
What about all those businesses that will be forced to close? You know, the same ones that can't survive a minimum wage hike?

Old 06-13-2014, 07:13 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,865,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
What about all those businesses that will be forced to close? You know, the same ones that can't survive a minimum wage hike?
Uh; what does that have to do with ILLEGAL aliens? Maybe there'd be less need for a high minimum wage if our low wage people didn't have to compete with illegals. Sheesh!

Old 06-13-2014, 09:33 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,256,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Just how would that make me a racist????
It doesn't. I meant that anyone who wants the law enforced is accused of being racist.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:47 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I honestly don't get the abortion issue. Catholics are right-to-lifers, but Hispanic and Catholic voters vote Democrat? What's up with that?
Hispanics have a significantly higher rate of abortion than do whites. And their high illegitimacy rate makes you wonder how Catholic they really are. Most hispanics vote for pro-abortion candidates.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:51 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,729,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
^^^.

If he was really enforcing the law, maybe my county would finally be back to normal and not have such a big problem.

Not to mention most liberals where I grew up don't even live near where are the illegals are. They're also creating an achievement gap in the county's top school systems.
The DWL IE disingenuous white liberal can only be disingenuous via distance from the issue either psychically or financially.

Border issues/Illegal Immigration
Cap and Trade and Fracking
Gun Control

All issues they are removed from and can afford to live above the Consequences of their views..

"If they vote for some leftist who will blocking drilling and fracking, which will raise gas prices by a dollar, it wont effect me I make 150,000$ a year."

"I support a ban self defense rifles, that's fine I can hire armed security",

"I support section 8 house because I live in a gated community".

"I support open borders because I am lawyer and it wont really affect me, who cares about the "subjects".

leftist vote on emotion and feelings, nothing more.

Last edited by gunlover; 06-13-2014 at 11:04 PM..

Old 06-14-2014, 04:25 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,205,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
So if the GOP wins the Senate and continues to make DC even more dysfunctional, that somehow means the general public will want the GOP to control all of DC?

I actually would get a kick out of seeing the Senate go Republican and then Democrats can obstruct every GOP initiative and then run in 2016 on the Senate not getting anything done since the GOP took control.
Harry Reid is the obstructionist . He will not even bring house bills up for a vote. Why is he scared of bringing them up for votes ?

Old 06-14-2014, 04:49 AM

88,789 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
They'll employ the multitude of other low-skilled workers looking for a job. Otherwise known as U.S. citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies