Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 07:53 AM

18,349 posts, read 18,966,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
It Looks Like Chelsea Clinton Made $26,724 For Each Minute She Appeared On NBC - Business Insider

HA. No way is she worth $26k a minute. Now I dont think anyone is worth that kind of money, Im a capitalist and not for controlling someone's pay but there are a lot of these people out there that get paid insane amounts of money for things that are not important.

My biggest gripe with this are the ones who claim to be for the little guy. They want big government, rail about equality and the poor and how corporate America is bad. Yet many of them make 5/6/7 figures. This includes those hollywood big mouths. Not once have a seen them asking for a pay cut. Not once have I heard or witnessed any of them downgrading their lavish lifestyles to give money to the poor or other unfortunate. They gladly take that money, probably demand it, and live it up.

The way some liberals in the media/hollywood/politics talk, they should be living like Mother Teresa. They should be the "shining" example of what they want the ones they rail against, to be. But they dont. They're hypocrites.

you don't have to live an impoverished life to care about the poor or to give to charity. bill gates still lives quite the life style and his charitable donations are well known. get a grip, sounds more like jealousy on your part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 10:08 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,892,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Same liberals that blast CEO pay, blast some wealthy and preach about inequality. Hypocrites.
I don't think you know what the word hypocrite means. Saying we want the wealthy to pay higher taxes, so that the tax rate returns to the historical average rates instead of being the second lowest in the last century, is not the same as saying liberals don't want to also work hard and make money. Your problem is you have no idea what the other side is arguing yet you want to argue against them.

My suggestion is stop listening to talk radio if you want to find out what liberal positions actually are and instead ask actual liberals what their positions are. Maybe then you wouldn't be so completely wrong about the other side's positions.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:25 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,381,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
I don’t mean to pick on (Chelsea); she’s done nothing wrong. She has a famous name and a semi-famous face, and in a celebrity culture like our own, that makes her qualified enough. She’ll draw eyeballs, which makes her no less deserving and probably more so than many. But her new high-profile job, and the quick ascent of others similarly situated, do serve as reminders of just how institutionalized such advantages really are.

Oh, sorry. That's from a column complaining about Jenna Bush Hager's Today show deal. Hopefully Jenna got as sweet a deal as Chelsea.
Jenna actually works at least.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:33 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,102,216 times
So a child of a high ranking politician gets a high paying job from a private company...and right wingers are upset why? This just sounds like everything right wingers support, and the capitalist side of me is fine with this. Sometimes it is who you know, not what you know that gets you a high paying job.

But that said, I wouldn't discredit Chelsea her skills of her worth, she has worked very hard to get to where she has gotten. Another thing right wingers should like.

So what is the issue?

Old 06-14-2014, 11:01 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,351,413 times
And NBC will surely promote unbiased reporting on Hillary too now (yeah, right).

Old 06-14-2014, 08:54 PM

3,837 posts, read 3,054,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So a child of a high ranking politician gets a high paying job from a private company...and right wingers are upset why? This just sounds like everything right wingers support, and the capitalist side of me is fine with this. Sometimes it is who you know, not what you know that gets you a high paying job.

But that said, I wouldn't discredit Chelsea her skills of her worth, she has worked very hard to get to where she has gotten. Another thing right wingers should like.

So what is the issue?
The issue? What skills? She's worked hard? Seriously? There's nothing to like about her.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
The issue? What skills? She's worked hard? Seriously? There's nothing to like about her.
Have you gone over her resume or has she applied for a job with you before? I doubt it, if a company wants to pay her that much, that is their choice. It is called free market capitalism that you guys swear up and down that you support, so when did that support change?

Old 06-14-2014, 10:42 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,671,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you don't have to live an impoverished life to care about the poor or to give to charity. bill gates still lives quite the life style and his charitable donations are well known. get a grip, sounds more like jealousy on your part.
So what did you think about Obama when he said tax the rich, people making $200k a year.

And here we have Clinton making $600k a year and you defend her?

Old 06-14-2014, 10:43 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,671,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post

So what is the issue?
"She didn't build that"

Old 06-14-2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
"She didn't build that"
And what does that comment have to do with a person getting paid a lot with a private company? When did you become anti-capitalist, comrade?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies