Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 01:59 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times

Advertisements

I'd still rather see Chelsea Clinton -- or either of the Bush daughters -- make money on TV than watch 2 consecutive minutes of any program with a Kardashian on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 02:10 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Chelsea Clinton paid $600K by NBC - Dylan Byers and Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com

Same liberals that blast CEO pay, blast some wealthy and preach about inequality. Hypocrites. No way has she every done anything worthy of a salary like that, especially when NBC, the Clintons, and liberals everywhere love to preach about the poor and unfortunate.

Let me guess, she thinks shes as broke as her mom was huh....
So?

Some people have all the luck. Not what you know but who you know ...

The rest of us get real jobs, work our asses off, pay out taxes, raise our families, live and die.

So it goes.

PS I am not jealous. Lucky for them.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
I'd still rather see Chelsea Clinton -- or either of the Bush daughters -- make money on TV than watch 2 consecutive minutes of any program with a Kardashian on it.
Glad I dopt have cable any longer!!!!!!!

Old 06-15-2014, 02:47 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Liberals do blast CEO pay and CEO tax rates.

And billionaire CEO's have 11% effective federal tax rates.
Warren Buffett's Effective Federal Income Tax Rate Was Just 11% - Forbes
sis

Capital gains versus earned income. Lots of holdings you have invested versus money you punch a clock for.

There is a difference. Investing $500K is a lot riskier than going to work and investing $500K should pay a lot better.

The tax rate on capital gains is less than that for earned income for obvious reasons. That invested $$$ is most likely the paychecks of those working for private corporations.

How do people get loans if there is no money invested in banks who loan the money out?

People need to learn economics.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
If Barack had a baby it would look like Chelsea's baby.
I find this post offensive.

I am the son of the son of a light skinned black woman and her white aristocrat employer where she worked as a housekeeper. Was my father the product of rape? Who knows?

You white boys really need to consider how things worked in the south post reconstruction. Start HERE[/font][/b]

Open your minds. !!!!!!!!

Old 06-15-2014, 03:11 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
A person is worth they say, what they are paid. I have no problem with this. Even if their worth is wrong.

The problem is on this forum, some of you posters ***** your azz off, when certain people make their little nest egg, or I should say large nest egg. Some of you have a big friggin problem. They should give half their money away, tax them more, they stole their money, and on and on and fudging on.

Some of you seem to be changing your tune now why? what the fudg is the difference here. Be open minded some of you always say, are you open too! Even too ideals and opinions that don't meet your agendas.

I don't give a crap who makes what, but if one person makes a mountain of money, then the next guy who also does, should be left alone too. Some of you seem to choose who can and who should not earn the money that they do and on their own, without any help from any of you. That is being a hypocrite.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:05 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

And Sarah Palin's daughter, Bristol? Her only qualification for her many forays into the media has been not knowing how to use birth control in high school. Do you begrudge her of the hundreds of thousands of dollars she has milked off her pregnancy - a story that would have ended very differently if her mother had not been Sarah Palin? Chelsea Clinton and Meaghan McCain were certainly helped by their parents' fame and success, but they both have good heads on their shoulders and no one can claim they do not work hard.
leave Bristol ALONE.

Seriously, Bristol and the whole Palin crew are the poster family for cashing in for doing nothing at all. How in the hell can anyone complain about Chelsea when Bristol is pretty much a 16 and Pregnant reality star.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:51 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
"For some reason"?

How about this: NBC is in the entertainment business and they decided that having the daughters of former presidents on their air (oh, didn't you realize they're also paying Jenna Bush to do fluff pieces like interview her grandfather on his birthday?) would be good for ratings.

It's not that complicated.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:59 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
"For some reason"?

How about this: NBC is in the entertainment business and they decided that having the daughters of former presidents on their air (oh, didn't you realize they're also paying Jenna Bush to do fluff pieces like interview her grandfather on his birthday?) would be good for ratings.

It's not that complicated.
Bingo, and I actually like Jenna Bush, she seems like a nice likeable person.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:00 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Chelsea Clinton paid $600K by NBC - Dylan Byers and Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com

Same liberals that blast CEO pay, blast some wealthy and preach about inequality. Hypocrites. No way has she every done anything worthy of a salary like that, especially when NBC, the Clintons, and liberals everywhere love to preach about the poor and unfortunate.

Let me guess, she thinks shes as broke as her mom was huh....

Rules and ethics are for little people, not enlightened rulers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies