Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 09:44 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
LA Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Hires 4 Private Investigator Firms To Dig Up Dirt On Other NBA Owners, Commissioner...

Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling’s team of lawyers has hired four private investigation firms to dig up dirt on the NBA’s former and current commissioners and its 29 other owners, a person familiar with Sterling’s legal strategy said.

Investigators were given a six-figure budget over the next 30 days to examine the league’s finances, allegations of previous discriminatory conduct and compensation to past Commissioner David Stern and current Commissioner Adam Silver, said the person who spoke to The Associated Press on Thursday night on condition of anonymity. The person wasn’t authorized to talk publicly.

The person said the investigators also are looking into whether other owners made any off-color jokes, or racist or sexist remarks.

“The gloves are off, as they say,” the person said. “Have them dig up all the dirt they can find.”
Ah, Oh! I hope he does find dirt on the other owners and the commissioner, so we can see what hypocrties they are. Lol, I think that's why you already seen Mark Cuban come out agaisnt trying to vote out Sterling when this first happend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 10:09 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Something tells me this is going to get interesting before it's over.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:20 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Ah, Oh! I hope he does find dirt on the other owners and the commissioner, so we can see what hypocrties they are. Lol, I think that's why you already seen Mark Cuban come out agaisnt trying to vote out Sterling when this first happend.
BINGO! I believe Donald Sterling already has some tasty evidence that is admissable in court. The illegally recorded conversations of Sterling will NEVER be allowed in court. Donald's evidence of other NBA owner's remarks will be allowed however. The NBA (OWNERS) is getting ready to learn a VERY EXPENSIVE LESSON for dumbass Commissioner Adam Silver's PC and rush to judgement decision.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:21 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
IMO, he should have done it long ago.
Perhaps right after the NBA slapped him down!
I think it is entirely justified.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:23 AM

741 posts, read 764,249 times
Sterling should shut-up, calm down and let the sale of the team proceed without obstructions ... and then, as is his right, go forward to expose the NBA owners for being hypocritical ... including the Commissioner. The NBA acted wrongly in forcing the sale and his revenge will be the windfall profit he earns from the sale and exposing others in the League. While he's at it, why not expose some of the league's most popular players?

Old 06-13-2014, 10:29 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,502,664 times
Hopefully this exposes the hell out of the whole NBA and ends it.

I use to be a huge NBA basketball fan, but this league sucks. Maybe it can be replaced by a better one when these P.I.'s expose what they find, maybe it will get "fans" to stop throwing ridiculous money at the corrupt institution.

I would like to see a new league with far more teams, and far less money going to owners, coaches, and players. Maybe the championship of the new league won't be a joke where a team just buys all the superstars and wins championships for a few years.

Too bad the private investigators are not focusing on the inherent corruption of the league it's self. Yeah, Sterling is a crappy character... you think he is the only one in the NBA?

Old 06-13-2014, 10:44 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,737 times
Since the NBA players are employed by the individual NBA team owners I fully expect the team owners to be held responsible for the public [AND PRIVATE] thoughts, beliefs and opinions of their players.

Michael Jordan, Bobcats: “In a league where the majority of players are African-American, we cannot and must not tolerate discrimination at any level.

So Michael - why do you allow your black players to call each other racial slurs (including the N word) and call the white players "white boy"?

I'd say that Michael Jordon is a prime candidate (as all the NBA owners are) to testify under oath about their public AND PRIVATE racist comments, thoughts, opinons and beliefs...

Last edited by highcotton; 06-13-2014 at 12:02 PM..

Old 06-13-2014, 10:56 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Since he is intent on going to trial and his remarks are the think I contention ;its to be expected that he would look for others to say its common language in the league and he's being made a example of.If he proves other of any race get away with it he likely wins.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:59 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Guy was railroaded out of his property because of comments made in private, good for him for not sitting still for it.

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 06-13-2014 at 11:09 AM..

Old 06-13-2014, 11:05 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Ah yes, the power of money. LOL, least it might end up being entertaining.

These people will destroy him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies