Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 04:01 PM

15,579 posts, read 10,296,771 times

Advertisements

"The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) claimed Friday that it cannot produce Lois Lerner’s emails to and from the White House and other administration departments due to a supposed computer crash.

The IRS previously agreed to hand over all of the ex-IRS official’s emails from 2009 to 2011 to the House Ways and Means Committee, chaired by Rep. Dave Camp. But the IRS claimed Friday that it has Lerner’s emails to and from other IRS officials but it cannot produce emails to and from the Treasury and Justice Departments, the Federal Election Commission, or Democratic offices.

The IRS’ computer crash may go down in history next to the eighteen and a half minute gap in the Watergate tapes, which was supposedly caused by a mistake by Richard Nixon’s secretary Rose Mary Woods."

Read more: IRS Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner's Emails | The Daily Caller

These emails were requested over a year ago and promised to be turned over and now they just disappear. A crime has been committed and the evidence destroyed by one of the most corrupt and inept administrations of all time.

I am so disgusted by what is going on in this country.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-13-2014 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: Edited to remove incorrectly attributed quote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 04:03 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,575,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I am sick to my stomach on what is going on in this country and abroad.
I'm sick of the GOP's never-ending quest to make a mountain out of a mole-hill at taxpayer expense.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:04 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,589,367 times
Maybe Dirty Harry can call his secret informant to see if he has a copy.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:04 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,220,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
"In my lifetime, Barack Obama is the only president who comes close to rivaling Richard Nixon for fundamental disingenuousness."
--Bob Woodward

"The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) claimed Friday that it cannot produce Lois Lerner’s emails to and from the White House and other administration departments due to a supposed computer crash.

The IRS previously agreed to hand over all of the ex-IRS official’s emails from 2009 to 2011 to the House Ways and Means Committee, chaired by Rep. Dave Camp. But the IRS claimed Friday that it has Lerner’s emails to and from other IRS officials but it cannot produce emails to and from the Treasury and Justice Departments, the Federal Election Commission, or Democratic offices.

The IRS’ computer crash may go down in history next to the eighteen and a half minute gap in the Watergate tapes, which was supposedly caused by a mistake by Richard Nixon’s secretary Rose Mary Woods."

Read more: IRS Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner's Emails | The Daily Caller

These emails were requested over a year ago and promised to be turned over and now they just disappear. A crime has been committed and the evidence destroyed by one of the most corrupt and inept administrations of all time.

I am sick to my stomach on what is going on in this country and abroad.
It is to late to worry....just sit back and enjoy the crash.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
I'm sick of the GOP's never-ending quest to make a mountain out of a mole-hill at taxpayer expense.
I'm sick of government making a mountain of money taking from the tax payer.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'm sick of government making a mountain of money taking from the tax payer.
A democratic government levying taxes on its citizens? Inconceivable!

Old 06-13-2014, 04:06 PM

Next they'll say that the IRS computers used the same servers as the Obamacare website.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
A democratic government levying taxes on its citizens? Inconceivable!
Yea, a mountain of taxes

Old 06-13-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Next they'll say that the IRS computers used the same servers as the Obamacare website.
The emails were stored on servers in Benghazi and Bowe Berghdal illegal immigrated them to George Soros food stamps welfare queen fiat money ACORN Jeremiah Wright 47%.

Edit: Kenya 9/11 choom gang tried dog

Old 06-13-2014, 04:09 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,442,161 times
Quote:
Um, using the IRS to enforce political ideology is not a mole-hill, and I am honestly shocked to see someone say that. I can understand saying that the abuse of power did not occur. But to say it doesn't matter? That's simply amazing. If the President having what amounts to political police who silence opposing viewpoints isn't a big deal to you, what exactly is worth of an investigation in your opinion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies