Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 04:28 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I don't toss 80% of people into the "liberal bin," nor do I feel everything was perfect until January 2009.

The IRS didn't target his political opponents when he was in office.
Um, you might want to fact check that before making such claims...

IRS targeted NAACP in 2004 - Kelsey Snell - POLITICO.com

Maybe they did it less often back then, but - again - let's not play games and pretend that "this has never happened before - Obama!"

Playing the IRS card: Six presidents who used the IRS to bash political foes - President Richard Nixon (R) - CSMonitor.com

It's been going on for awhile, really... That doesn't make it right, of course, but I'm so tired of the partisan pretend games - "Oh, no - this has never happened before! I mean, if you ignore those times when MY team did the same thing, of course... other than that, it has NEVER happened before... Obama!"

Old 06-29-2014, 04:43 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Paul Ryan yells at IRS Commissioner John Koskinen: The hypocrisy angers most Americans.

A good read.

This scandal should scare the crap out of all of us but, no, most liberals see conservatives as the enemy and any tool that can be used against them should be in their opinion. At some point, even if you don't believe it's ever going to happen, there will be an administration that you don't agree with on every issue. How would you feel if the tables were turned?
I think you can gauge from this very thread the overall reaction from all but a tiny handful of liberals. It's the 3 D's: denial, deflection, and Dubya.

You're just not going to get a serious response from the bulk of Democrats. Many are disingenuous operators who would probably love themselves to go to work for the IRS and see what havoc they could wreck upon conservative taxpayers. Most of the rest are useful idiots. That's why Pres. Obama will never go below 40% job approval. Obama never had the conservatives, of course. He lost the indys, but he retains the 40%, the hard-core Democrats whose motto is 'my party, right or wrong.'

W Bush by contrast got as low as 28%. By the end of his term he had lost the indys, and a significant share of conservatives/Republicans.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:00 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
And since the 'birther' issue was (supposedly) leaked from the Hillary campaign in 2008 ..

I foolishly supported Hillary in 2008 and watched how Obama and his henchmen
railroaded her , I was going to be the good little girl and vote for Obama but all I saw was a sleaze
after Hillary went to work for him as Secretary of State I saw how all that was, was a political move on her part, but she turned out to be just as slimy as him!
I lost ALL respect for her and Bill
it was only power bull shi* nothing about the country boy have I woke up these last 6 years!!! And not just them but half of the republicans too!!! I honestly think Romney would have made a good president
look at Ron Paul and his hack son!! Two pieces of work!!!
Hope there will be someone who steps up worth a flip
but Hillary Clinton is a POS!!!
She does not stand a rat's ass chance she is making a fool of herself and Bill is old hat and just plain OLD!!!
But I admit I do want to see the scum Obama's and Hack Clinton's sling mud
and sling it they will
Bill has not gotten over having the race card played on him an when he unleashes it will be popcorn time LOL
Hillary will be saying how she resigned because of Obama being off the chain I can just hear her
shoot all they have to do is replay her 3 AM Phone Call ad over and over!!!

Old 06-29-2014, 05:04 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
His argument is that an Independent investigator will do his or her job without politics. Isnt that what both sides want ?
Works for me.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:09 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
How is he turning against anyone ?

His argument is that an Independent investigator will do his or her job without politics. Isnt that what both sides want ?
Obama won't even have a Non-independent investigation done, by Holder. 'Phony scandal.' So no, both 'sides' don't want an independent investigation.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:13 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I think you can gauge from this very thread the overall reaction from all but a tiny handful of liberals. It's the 3 D's: denial, deflection, and Dubya.

You're just not going to get a serious response from the bulk of Democrats. Many are disingenuous operators who would probably love themselves to go to work for the IRS and see what havoc they could wreck upon conservative taxpayers. Most of the rest are useful idiots. That's why Pres. Obama will never go below 40% job approval. Obama never had the conservatives, of course. He lost the indys, but he retains the 40%, the hard-core Democrats whose motto is 'my party, right or wrong.'

W Bush by contrast got as low as 28%. By the end of his term he had lost the indys, and a significant share of conservatives/Republicans.
And old Bush cannot go to some places in Europe as he would possibly be arrested as a war criminal.

That is a fate unlikely to befall Obama. So he is never going to get to that level.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:13 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
According to the new book by Klein, there was a deal struck between Obama and the Clintons. They agreed to support Obama in 2008 in return for Obama's support for Hillary in 2016. They delivered too--the DNC speech by Bill was a home run for Obama.

Now the irony is that the Clintons will probably not want reciprocation in 2016. And I agree with the poster who said that Bill never got over having the race card played on him in 2008 in SC. I believe he took great pride in his support from blacks. After 2000 he chose to put his post-presidency office in Harlem. Now he is going to have a chance to settle that score. And if I were James Clyburn, I'd be watching my back.

Perhaps the remarks by Lanny Davis are opening shots.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:15 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Now that's hilarious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Yeah they should really sweat that...2028 may well be a bad year..
This isn't a cheerleading thread - this is nothing but trolling frankly.

But this is the crux of why you don't care. You probably think it's perfectly acceptable to target conservatives and believe there will always be a Democratic president so there is absolutely zero chance of the same thing happening to liberals. You have zero clue what will happen between now and any future election or how the elections will go. But keep on singing this tune, seeing conservatives as enemies and never questioning what our government does if it only affects those you don't like.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:17 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
It's been going on for awhile, really... That doesn't make it right, of course, but I'm so tired of the partisan pretend games - "Oh, no - this has never happened before! I mean, if you ignore those times when MY team did the same thing, of course... other than that, it has NEVER happened before... Obama!"
You basically did that in your first post on this thread.

And, for the record, I've been considered a liberal at times by some of the hardcore Tea Party crowd.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:20 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
We may not want a prosecutor as there still is nothing that appears criminal. But it does appear the IRS has sufficiently strained credibility that the air needs to be cleared and perhaps some retirements encouraged. And if the investigation reveals actual criminality than the DofJ can go for an indictment.
As there is involvement by the DOJ in this whether criminal or not the only thing acceptable is someone with prosecutorial powers. That is especially true when you consider Holder's track record, he should be no where the final decision in this matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies