Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2014, 09:01 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
No it doesn't questions 4 and 5 have nothing to do with Lois Lerner's emails.
They most certainly would lead any investigation to the tea party targeting.

Quote:
So you believe that Lois Lerner does have co-conspirators in corrupting her computer's hard drive?
Unless someone from IT comes out and says there was severe damage to the platter I can draw no other conclusion. You simply do not lose that amount of data. As I've suggested previously ask someone you can trust what the probability of forensics lab not being able to recover at least some of the emails on a drive that has not sustained catastrophic physical damage to the platter. They are going to tell you the same thing I am, it's BS.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:05 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
I did read the letter, it has nothing to do with the current scandal.

Yes, the IT department would have to be involved since they were trying to recover her deleted emails. They would have known something was deliberately done to corrupt those emails on her computer's hard drive

Unless now you believe that Lois Lerner is a computer wiz who could corrupt data and tamper with her computer's hard drive leaving not a trace of evidence?

Oh I got a conspiracy the Democratic Party under the orders of the White House hired some silicon Valley computer whizzes who helped the President win the last two elections to corrupt the Lois Lerner's computer's hard drive leaving not a trace.

Maybe Lois Lerner paid someone to corrupt her computer's hard drive, but still the IT department would have to be involved in the conspiracy to hide the corruption of her computer's hard drive.

How far down the rabbit hole do conservatives want to burrow?
And don't forget, HP(which I assume is Hewlett Packard who manufactured and sold the hard drive to IRS) also could not retrieve any data from the hard drive. Are they in on the conspiracy as well?

Better go check how much they donated to Democrats.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:09 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
My guess is the IRS is thrifty when it comes to storage. I know my company is as well. The IRS email boxes (i.e what is allowed on the server) are about 150meg. Yeah. The funny thing is I work for a fortune 500 and our mailboxes are about the same size.

So you have to constantly move emails to your computer (outlook you use archive pst). If your not smart enough to move to a backed up location than when your computer crashes/dies/etc the emails are lost.

Server backups at the IRS are 6 months
If they had a implemented policy of backing up to tape emails that were going to be purged from the server it would have cost them a few thousand each month.

Quote:
but personally i'm not surprised. I have a 150meg inbox at work. . .and my company makes billions a year. . .

the story is believable. . .based on my context.
You're company most likely has those emails somewhere. That limit for the user is what is called a soft limit, by defualt these servers do not delete those emails but instead hide them from you. They go into a state similar to the trash bin on your computer. From there the server admin can decide to delete them or take actions to preserve them such as backing them up before deleting them from the server.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:09 AM

26,489 posts, read 15,066,580 times
The IRS Scandal and Media Bias « Commentary Magazine

Old 06-25-2014, 09:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
With Nixon, the Media helped to investigate and uncover the truth.

With Obama, the media has done nothing but to conspire to cover it all up.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:29 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,212,776 times
Default Rip Stop

Folks are taking sides and making slurs, back and forth ad infinitum on the hard drive issue.

Has anyone considered that Lois Lerner is a true believer, recognized as such, and placed into her position for a reason? I saw her "testimony" on C-Span. She believes she did nothing wrong. Good on her.

But she is just one bureaucrat in a much bigger picture.

She is a lightening rod and has sucked all the oxygen from the air. So far she is acting as a rip stop preventing a wider investigation. I am comfortable watching the dog chasing his tail. Are you?

Old 06-25-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
for someone that babbles continually about reality, it doesn't seem to be something you are very familiar with at all..

IRS Admits Wrongdoing, to Pay $50,000 in Leaking of Marriage Group’s Tax Return

Hmmm.....don't you think if they had a quote from IRS admitting wrongdoing they would quote it?

The IRS settled a case. Is there some record from the IRS or the court that says they admitted wrongdoing?

Sounds like one employee perhaps a gay employee or someone friendly to gay marriage or anti-Romney illegally released confidential taxpayer info.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:55 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
Quote:
Again the evidence exists that the Lois Lerner was talking her emails in 2011. Two years before the phony IRS scandal broke. To believe that the emails were deleted deliberately a person would have to believe that the IRS IT department was in on the conspiracy and that Lois Lerner knew two years in advance that these emails would be the key to breaking a scandal that would occur in 2013.

Seriously this is insanity. conservatives believe insane things that based on a little thinking make no sense.
So 76% of the country are conservatives with conspiracy theories now?

You honestly believe this is a phony scandal? Wow, just wow.

If/when the tables are turned, you are giving permission for all of your pathetic excuses and denial to be used right back against you. And that goes for all of you sycophant, party-first folks who are being willfully ignorant in this.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If they had a implemented policy of backing up to tape emails that were going to be purged from the server it would have cost them a few thousand each month.

You're company most likely has those emails somewhere. That limit for the user is what is called a soft limit, by defualt these servers do not delete those emails but instead hide them from you. They go into a state similar to the trash bin on your computer. From there the server admin can decide to delete them or take actions to preserve them such as backing them up before deleting them from the server.
This doesn't mean your company or the govt will give them back to you if it takes a lot of time and trouble to do so. Also, doesn't mean she was computer savvy enough to ask them to go that route.

The IRS Commissioner testified they've had 4000 hard drive crashes so far this year. He claimed they have no money for an adequate back up system(translated the money is going to other priorities....like maybe making sure they have tax data adequately backed up/archived).

Do you really think they are spending time giving 4000 employees lost data back from servers? I don't.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Folks are taking sides and making slurs, back and forth ad infinitum on the hard drive issue.

Has anyone considered that Lois Lerner is a true believer, recognized as such, and placed into her position for a reason? I saw her "testimony" on C-Span. She believes she did nothing wrong. Good on her.

But she is just one bureaucrat in a much bigger picture.

She is a lightening rod and has sucked all the oxygen from the air. So far she is acting as a rip stop preventing a wider investigation. I am comfortable watching the dog chasing his tail. Are you?
I've said before she may be a true believer. She clearly has a history at FEC prior to moving to the IRS ten years ago.

Whether or not she is motivated by her own beliefs/ego or was directed by someone else is not clear at this point.

Setting her up to master mind a conspiracy would have take a lot of clairvoyance. Enough to anticipate the Citizens United decision which overturned 100 years of legal precedence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies