Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2014, 09:30 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,699 times

Advertisements

Employers take advantage of other economic systems such as Communist China where the workers have no rights....

Or in Third world countries where corruption and poverty is rampant....

Should the workers of America unite and import the best of what is available in other economies that would work to their best interest and also prevent companies that choose to move to China and other third world countries from selling here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 09:37 PM

1,264 posts, read 1,552,080 times
Honestly, I think we need a fair trade tariff, where goods that come from a nation with a minimum wage less than the equivalent of $1.00 should be subject to a 25% tariff.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:45 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantin23 View Post
Honestly, I think we need a fair trade tariff, where goods that come from a nation with a minimum wage less than the equivalent of $1.00 should be subject to a 25% tariff.
In before the naysayers.

We used to be an exporter heavy nation, but our trade balance is way off kilter and we import more than we export.

Not only In Dollar Amounts.

In material goods, one for one, that are dirt cheap, it is way off the scale.

Dirt cheap goods that are sold to American's for very inflated prices to enrich investors and the top elite.

Tariffs would kill them and their schemes so they would never be for it.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:49 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Should the workers of America unite and import the best of what is available in other economies that would work to their best interest and also prevent companies that choose to move to China and other third world countries from selling here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
In before the naysayers.

We used to be an exporter heavy nation, but our trade balance is way off kilter and we import more than we export.

Not only In Dollar Amounts.

In material goods, one for one, that are dirt cheap, it is way off the scale.

Dirt cheap goods that are sold to American's for very inflated prices to enrich investors and the top elite.

Tariffs would kill them and their schemes so they would never be for it.
Does your mother know you never completed the 6th Grade?

I'll try to help you out here.

The population of the US is 317 Million, while the population of the rest of the World is 6.6 Billion.

Which is more, or which number is bigger?

Right, 6.6 Billion is much bigger than 317 Million.

Before we get too far into 6th Grade Math, it might help to review 5th Grade Math and decimals. Did you have much trouble with that? I'm guessing it was a problem at the reformatory.

If it costs $23.20 to manufacture a Go-Widget in the US, and you sell it for $28.20, then your profit margin is $5.00 and we can see that clearer here...

$28.20 Sale Price
$23.20 Less Costs including the wages of overpaid Americans
-------
$5.00

See how that works?

Okay, now, suppose in Romania it costs $2.40 to manufacture a Go-Widget of the same quality, and the sale price is $7.40. How much profit is that?

$7.40 Sale Price
$2.40 Less Costs including Free Market wages for Romanians
------
$5.00

Wow! How about that....mmmhhh?

So, let's say the US and Romania are selling their Go-Widgets in India.

Do you think an Indian would pay $28.20 for something Made in USA when they can buy the same thing, same quality Fabricat in Romania for $7.40?

Seriously, what kind of stupid idiot would pay 4x more for something they can get cheaper?

You're not implying that Indians are Stupid are you?

Did I mention there are 1 Billion Indians?

What's 1 Billion * $5.00? Right, $5 Billion.

What's 317 Million * $5.00? Well, it's not $5 Billion....it's $1.5 Billion

Which is more money, $5 Billion or $1.5 Billion?

Did I mention there are 1.5 Billion Chinese?

Figure it out yet?

When you come down off of your pedestal, perhaps you'll realize that the World does not revolve around you.

The name of the game is not to sell to 317 Million Americans, it is to sell to the other 6.6 Billion people on this Earth.

As an investor in a US corporation, do I give a damn if the unemployment rate is 25% and the average wage is $15/hour?

No....I don't care one bit, because 6.6 Billion is bigger than 317 Million.

20x bigger. Almost 21x bigger.

Gee, do I want my stocks and my wealth to increase 1-fold or 20-fold?

Tough question for those who never completed the 6th Grade....

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies