Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 08:24 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Except that all of the things women didn't do in the past that was dangerous was not a choice. It was imposed on women by ... men.

Unlike the conservative myth of feminists, we didn't fight so we could have "privilege." We fought so that we could have the same rights AND the same problems as men -- without having things given or taken away from us by men.

And after several millennia of male privilege, it's hilarious to read posts like this whining about the poor widdle mens having it so bad.

HINT: Just because other people have finally gained the rights you've always had, doesn't mean you're being oppressed.

ETA: Yes, I believe that in a draft, both men and women should be included. I know that challenge will come up after this post. Oh, and I'm on my way out the door, so you'll have to wait awhile before I respond to any silly Poor Widdle Mens posts.
Imposed by a certain group of rich, warmongering men that were less than 1% of the population, not ordinary men. Just because I share the same genitalia as the GWB's, Obamas or Saddam does not negate the fact it's grossly unfair.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:26 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I don't want anyone in combat, but I still find the idea that only men are expected to die disturbing. What are we, dispensable, just because we can't raise babies??

Talk about inequality...
I agree, we seem to send our young men off to die generation after generation and don't give it a second thought. almost like they are expendable.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:28 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Imposed by a certain group of rich, warmongering men that were less than 1% of the population, not ordinary men. Just because I share the same genitalia as the GWB's, Obamas or Saddam does not negate the fact it's grossly unfair.

it isn't "unfair" in the sense that women don't go off to war because now days they do. it is unfair in the most profound way because they give up their life.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:30 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I agree, we seem to send our young men off to die generation after generation and don't give it a second thought. almost like they are expendable.
They are.

Killing off the excess workforce is a good thing to an economist.

However, the way wars are forget now.....we get back more wounded.....we reached the point of diminishing returns.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:32 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I would have when into combat.....that is what you meant right?????

Because we all know many females have went to war......just think nurses.
Thanks for bringing up the nurses. And Congress was getting ready to draft nurses towards the end of WW II due to increasing needs. When Germany surrendered and the war in Europe ended, many nurses were sent off to the South Pacific, ending the need for the draft.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:40 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,717 times
Quote:
Some feminists can't STAND the idea that women aren't ALWAYS victims. And some people automatically attack any man, or even woman, who tries to point out inequalities which FAVOUR WOMEN, or disadvantage men, while pointing out the countless ways in which women have it or had it worse.

YES women had it/have it worse in some ways, but SO DO MEN! Why can't they just accept it? That's it not like women all have it WAY WORSE...
Feminism needs women to have the victim status in order to stay relevant. It also tosses around words like misogyny as often and injudiciously as the race card in order to shame or silence anyone who might point out ways in which women are no longer victims in our society or GOD FORBID, point out ways in which men's rights may need to be addressed.

Look at how feminists most recently attacked the Miss America winner for daring to suggest that it might be a good idea for women to learn to defend themselves as she had and empower them to not become victims of violent crime or rape.
An excellent idea for EITHER gender, I might add.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:41 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Except that all of the things women didn't do in the past that was dangerous was not a choice. It was imposed on women by ... men.

Unlike the conservative myth of feminists, we didn't fight so we could have "privilege." We fought so that we could have the same rights AND the same problems as men -- without having things given or taken away from us by men.

And after several millennia of male privilege, it's hilarious to read posts like this whining about the poor widdle mens having it so bad.

HINT: Just because other people have finally gained the rights you've always had, doesn't mean you're being oppressed.

ETA: Yes, I believe that in a draft, both men and women should be included. I know that challenge will come up after this post. Oh, and I'm on my way out the door, so you'll have to wait awhile before I respond to any silly Poor Widdle Mens posts.
is that a joke? men 50 and under have zero clue what the hell you are talking about. men over 50 also had to deal with the "women and children first" mentality.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:44 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Maybe because a) women also go to war, and b) women in the military end up in combat all the time?

Moreover, women and children now make up a majority of casualties in most wars. That hardly sounds like they are in a privileged position when it comes to war.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:45 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
it isn't "unfair" in the sense that women don't go off to war because now days they do. it is unfair in the most profound way because they give up their life.
Yes. Once I actually said, if there was a draft both men and women should be drafted. Perhaps not always the same roles, but women can pull a trigger, can they not? Single, fit women are just as capable, are they not? And guess what? Opposite to what you'd expect, some feminist/white knight types actually got really angry at me...one even accused me of wanting women to die...Jeepers...talk about a more blatant form of double-standard. One even compared me to Elliott Rodger. It was disgusting.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:46 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Yes. Once I actually said, if there was a draft both men and women should be drafted. Perhaps not always the same roles, but women can pull a trigger, can they not? Single, fit women are just as capable, are they not? And guess what? Opposite to what you'd expect, some feminist/white knight types actually got really angry at me...one even accused me of wanting women to die...Jeepers...talk about a more blatant form of double-standard. One even compared me to Elliott Rodger. It was disgusting.
I am good with that.

I like the way Israel does it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies