Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 08:49 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,441,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinheel View Post
Every sane person / family is looking for peace, freedom, and prosperity.
There are lots of insane people, both here and over there.

Moreover, the freedom part remains to be seen. Everyone wants freedom for themselves and their pack. Freedom for the other guy? That's another story. They aren't so good at that in the ME, and we would being doing much better here in the West if that were the universal value you believe it is.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:52 AM

675 posts, read 541,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
There are lots of insane people, both here and over there.

Moreover, the freedom part remains to be seen. Everyone wants freedom for themselves and their pack. Freedom for the other guy? That's another story. They aren't so good at that in the ME, and we would being doing much better here in the West if that were the universal value you believe it is.
Not in comparison to the sane people.

You might have a point on the freedom thing. Hence the need to show how a civil world / country works.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:53 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,413,043 times
Quote:
That is complete BS.

Every sane person / family is looking for peace, freedom, and prosperity.
As they've demonstrated so many times in so many ways, there are so many rival factions entirely willing to behave in insane ways in order to advance their agendas.

For thousands of years, the middle east has been a cesspool of petty tyrants and endless violence.

We aren't going to transform it into the garden of Eden.

Let them continue to behave like it was 3000 BC. It's what they understand and desire. What we think is right for them is of no interest to them whatsoever. Getting entangled more deeply than we already are - THAT's insanity.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:54 AM

18,324 posts, read 18,932,711 times
Quote:
This is what I got.

1) Hire, train, and equip a massive African army / security task force.
why africans and who will pay for it?

You can not in any way trust the local authorities as they are loyal to their ethnic, political, and religious affiliations. To hire and train the Africans would take a considerable amount of time. I am thinking 2-5 years. They will be used to keep the local army and police in check and act as a safety net.

so you are ok with a police state as long as it's your police state

2) Have a coalition of numerous non biased nations carry out documented and transparent national elections where the people vote for the type of government they want AND who they want to govern said government.

if no other countries want to join your coalition? how are you going to get people who live in remote villages to get to the polling place. what about voter fraud, again who will pay for this.

3) Help elected government get on it's feet. Let them know the moment you see any corruption or crimes against humanity they will get jailed or executed depending on their transgression.

we have helped new regimes many times before and they still can't get on their feet. who do you enlist to be the ones to turn people in?

At some point the world must take a stand and say enough is enough and that is type of savagery, violence, and encroachment of human rights and freedoms will not be tolerated.
we are not the world's police. nor should we be. america going into others countries and trying to bering our way of life to them is one reason why we are so hated around the world.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:01 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,441,805 times
Quote:

You might have a point on the freedom thing. Hence the need to show how a civil world / country works.
Why is that our job? We can lead by example, and we can lead through international bodies such as the UN. But if you want a conquest and a bloodbath, you'll have to recruit your own army to reform mankind, because the rest of us have had it.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:02 AM

7,794 posts, read 6,353,861 times
I don't think you can do anything except let them keep killing each other and try to keep them out of the western hemisphere.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:13 AM

675 posts, read 541,792 times
@ Hothu

1a) They have no ties to the region, they are cheap, plentiful, and they are not *******. A coalition of countries who want to bring peace to the region will fund it.

1b) Not sure where you are getting that. Police state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are only there to insure peace and serve as a safeguard against corruption. Not "exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic, and political life of the population."

2) You trying to say only one country in the world wants peace and stability in the ME? Finding willing countries would not be a problem. Setup up voting stations in each region and provide buses and local transport for people that need it. Voter fraud would be hard due to numerous different countries working together in addition to everything being documented and transparent. Funding would come from said country (oil) as well as the coalition organizing the elections.

3) How many of these regimes were properly voted and elected? My guess is ZERO. What do you mean turn people in?

Who is/are we? I never mentioned anyone / country specifically. I never said anything about bringing our way of life to them. I specifically said they vote for what ever life, government, and leader they want. The point is they choose it.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:19 AM

84 posts, read 136,653 times
My solution? Leave it alone. It's been warring since the 15th century and earlier. Nothing is going to make it civilized. Nothing is going to stop them from killing each other indiscriminately. It's best we just pretend they don't exist while protecting our own asses from the swipes they occasionally try to send our way.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:24 AM

18,324 posts, read 18,932,711 times
Quote:
@ Hothu

1a) They have no ties to the region, they are cheap, plentiful, and they are not *******. A coalition of countries who want to bring peace to the region will fund it.

why should men who have no ties to a region put their lives on the line. cheap and plentiful? what a cavalier and cruel statement. a person's value and life does not mean less because they have a larger population. not sure what the ***** stand for but it is obviously not good.

1b) Not sure where you are getting that. Police state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are only there to insure peace and serve as a safeguard against corruption. Not "exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic, and political life of the population."

ok lets go with police state lite.

2) You trying to say only one country in the world wants peace and stability in the ME? Finding willing countries would not be a problem. Setup up voting stations in each region and provide buses and local transport for people that need it. Voter fraud would be hard due to numerous different countries working together in addition to everything being documented and transparent. Funding would come from said country (oil) as well as the coalition organizing the elections.

if this was an option or easily attained it would of been accomplished decades ago.

3) How many of these regimes were properly voted and elected? My guess is ZERO. What do you mean turn people in?

you were the one to suggest people turn in others for corruption and the like.

Who is/are we? I never mentioned anyone / country specifically. I never said anything about bringing our way of life to them. I specifically said they vote for what ever life, government, and leader they want. The point is they choose it.
who is we, you never mentioned any country.....perhaps you should re read your own posts.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:27 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,239,713 times
Quote:

That is what we want.

They will kill you for trying to force things on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies