Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 05:49 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times

Advertisements

In what dictionary or thesaurus is 'abortion' another word for 'eugenics'?

Nor is 'infanticide' a synonym for 'abortion'.

Words have specific meanings. You can't just twist them for the heck of it.

And while we're at it, 'mob rule' does not equal 'democracy' or vice versa.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:50 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Feminists claim to care about women, they claim to care about ALL women's rights and well-being, often times at the expense of men, but yet they support abortion. How can you truly care about women's rights if you support the violation of the Right to Life of other women? And the brutal murder of baby girls in the womb? That's definitely not within their well being is it? How would you like it if someone did that to you?

This is why the feminist movement has no credibility and why it should be completely ignored until they change their stance on abortion (and hating men). I'm all for women having equal pay and dissolving the glass ceiling, but you don't have to be a feminist to support those things, and I won't support the feminist movement because they support baby killing (abortion is a PC term). Plus I am a man so they never wanted my support anyway. I actually care more about women and their rights than they do as I want all baby girls to live, they do not.

I'm going to go out for some lunch, I will check back on this thread later.

Brutal murder and baby killing are hyperbolic BS terms that have NOTHING to do with abortion.

GREAT example of the complete lack of understanding of many issues Republicans exhibit on a daily basis.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:59 PM

36 posts, read 55,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
In what dictionary or thesaurus is 'abortion' another word for 'eugenics'?

Nor is 'infanticide' a synonym for 'abortion'.

Words have specific meanings. You can't just twist them for the heck of it.

And while we're at it, 'mob rule' does not equal 'democracy' or vice versa.
You may want to take a stroll down history lane. The roots of abortion and planned parenthood, for instance. I won't spell it out for you here, there is plenty of researched based and historical information out there that will do that.

And yes, democracy is asking 2 wolves and a lamb what's for dinner - again, you may want to take another look at those history books that the State does not want you to look at. The ones that call out the fact that democracy was shunned at America's inception.

Remember, we pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands...

Old 06-14-2014, 06:01 PM

36 posts, read 55,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Brutal murder and baby killing are hyperbolic BS terms that have NOTHING to do with abortion.

GREAT example of the complete lack of understanding of many issues Republicans exhibit on a daily basis.
Huh - and I suppose you have actually witnessed an abortion? Have you looked at the baby coming out and what the "doctor" does to kill off human life?

I cannot decide if you are clueless or dazed and confused.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:03 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
How can anti-choice people say they care about unborn children when they have no plan for how to feed, house, educate, employ or provide healthcare for the millions of additional children who would be born in the U.S. each year in the wake of an effective abortion ban? Until they come up with some concrete, specific, detailed proposals, no one should answer any of their questions or listen to anything they have to say on the subject.

Trust me, when the requirements for obtaining an abortion is no longer just because I want one, "unplanned" pregnancies will go away too.

Oh!

I almost forgot, **** your "or I'll shoot the bunny" rationale for destroying human life.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:04 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopzilla76 View Post
Huh - and I suppose you have actually witnessed an abortion? Have you looked at the baby coming out and what the "doctor" does to kill off human life?

I cannot decide if you are clueless or dazed and confused.
Neither, I'm firmly based in reality.

And you?

Old 06-14-2014, 06:06 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
So basically, only women have the right to choice? And we wonder why homicide is so high among pregnant women.
WTF????? Did you really just say that? So, if a father doesn't want to have to support a child, you think an appropriate response to just go ahead and kill the mother too? Sick, man. Really, really sick.

And by the way, "we" don't wonder about it, "we" know why sick men do it.

Last edited by MoonBeam33; 06-14-2014 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: Edited to add last sentence.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:10 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Find a woman who *doesn't* know exactly what she is doing when she goes for an abortion. This attitude that we all need to be 'schooled' on what an abortion is and what it does is one of the more insulting on offer. It is behind all the 'waiting periods' and the mandatory education scripts forced on doctors by (usually) GOP-lead legislatures.

If a woman goes for an abortion, she knows what she is there for and what it entails. Assuming anything else is absurd.
Hardly. There are plenty of women who buy into the "clump of cells" argument. It's not a clump of cells when it has a beating heart and brain activity. It's not a clump of cells anymore when you have to pull the fetus out piece by piece.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Which is why the teen birth rate before roe vs wade was much higher, right ? It's because people were making more responsible choices regarding sex due to the lack of access to abortion, right? I think you are the one who needs to take a look at the evidence again .

Source?

And show they were unmarried teens because before the 1970s it was common for young women to marry at 16-19.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
And what about the flip side of that argument? The women who were maimed or killed by back-alley abortion clinics? The legal status of abortion has very little to do with the number of abortions actually performed.

The only factors that are effective in preventing abortion are comprehensive sex education and access to free birth control. Both things conservatives are typically against.

Access to Free Birth Control Reduces Abortion Rates | Research News | Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis

Free birth control cuts abortion rate dramatically, study finds - NBC News

Abortion Rates Fall When Birth Control Is Free

Source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies