Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 03:57 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,123,141 times

Advertisements

Climate McCarthyism at its best.

Climate McCarthyism claims yet another victim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 05:43 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,219,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Climate McCarthyism at its best.

Climate McCarthyism claims yet another victim
Interesting article. Many on this forum will discount it because of the source. The gentleman does seem to have impeccable liberal credentials however. I would say he got shafted for daring to break away from the party line.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:07 PM

17,634 posts, read 13,452,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Interesting article. Many on this forum will discount it because of the source. The gentleman does seem to have impeccable liberal credentials however. I would say he got shafted for daring to break away from the party line.

Is that unusual for a Think Tank?.............to fire a guy that doesn't tow the party line?

I mean if a guy working for CATO came out advocating for communism do think they would keep him around?

Old 06-14-2014, 06:10 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,219,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Is that unusual for a Think Tank?.............to fire a guy that doesn't tow the party line?

I mean if a guy working for CATO came out advocating for communism do think they would keep him around?
Just saying.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:33 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,363,951 times
I don't understand why there is absolutely no tolerance for any skepticism or dissent. It's basically their way or the highway, even among their own.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:39 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,396,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post

Let me know when the Heritage Foundation (right wing equivalent of IPS) supports AGW or Obama policies. That contributor would likewise be gone so fast...

Old 06-14-2014, 09:52 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,771,436 times
Here's the original article:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...21791400395288

He didn't just express a contrary opinion, he published an article about it that used the Institute's name multiple times in order to give himself some credibility. He then proceeded to use one of his colleague's comments against him-- and this colleague just so happened to be the co-director of the Institute.

It's basically the same as someone who works at Microsoft publishing an article about how Apple makes better computers, and why Satya Nadella is a moron.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:04 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,639,943 times
i knew that obama would be a very poor president when he started throwing around the words economic justice and social justice. i knew that his policies would be very liberal. well now the AGW alarmists are throwing around the words climate justice, which means the reality is that their efforts are not about climate change, but rather punishing the rich countries, and preventing the poor countries from developing like they should. come on people wake up and realize that the AGW climate change hysteria is a huge scam.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:07 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,771,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i knew that obama would be a very poor president when he started throwing around the words economic justice and social justice. i knew that his policies would be very liberal. well now the AGW alarmists are throwing around the words climate justice, which means the reality is that their efforts are not about climate change, but rather punishing the rich countries, and preventing the poor countries from developing like they should. come on people wake up and realize that the AGW climate change hysteria is a huge scam.
I really hope that this comment marks the end of you saying 'it's all China's fault', but realistically you probably won't even see the connection.

And how can you punish rich countries while also preventing poor countries from developing?

The point of the article was that rich countries can afford clean energy but poor countries can't, so preventing their use is advantageous towards the wealthy countries.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:48 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,639,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
I really hope that this comment marks the end of you saying 'it's all China's fault', but realistically you probably won't even see the connection.

And how can you punish rich countries while also preventing poor countries from developing?

The point of the article was that rich countries can afford clean energy but poor countries can't, so preventing their use is advantageous towards the wealthy countries.
i have pointed it out many times. the UN wants to institute a carbon tax on the developed countries, IE the US, russia, and europe. china and india would be exempt from this tax. they would also hit the developed countries with a lot expensive and burdensome, and unnecessary regulation, thus harming those economies. the UN would then take the tax money they get and give it to the poor countries, but note that these poor countries get plenty of money from the developed countries already, but that money goes to the rulers of the countries and not the people, the same thing will happen if the UN gets its way. so the only thing that will happen is the rich countries will be paying out more money, and the poor people in the poor countries will still starve as they have for decades. as i said, this is all a scam, and in this case a global one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies