Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 11:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
So you are ok with reward failure, lies, incompetence and illegal immigrates over success, truth, fact, competence, and law abiding citizens?

You are ok with that?
You said you hate America, I said I love it even with its imperfections. Simple. Everything else was added by you.

Do not insert your words into my mouth.

I am sorry you hate your country.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
You must not be awake then!!!!!

ITS NOT THE SAME AMERICA IS WAS IN THE 90s!! (And earlier)
I loved it then, and I love it today. Unlike you, I am grateful for this nation.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Clearly you dont read my post

I hate corruption, not America I hate fraud, not America, I hate theft, not America, I hate Illegal Immigration, not America I hate political correctness, not America, I hate the whole "if you dont give me what I want or agree with me, you are a racist" mentally, not America, I hate rewarding failure and punishing sucess, not America I hate that we waste money on foreign aid yet we let NASA rot, not America..

Do you understand what I am getting at?
Yes, I read your post:

Quote:
Gunlover: I hate the "New America" .
So, now you are saying something else. Allrightythen,

Old 07-19-2014, 07:36 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Which of the many, many countries that share that history are you referring to?
Boom!..Such a great post...

Old 07-19-2014, 07:37 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
For equal rights yes,

When you look in many other parts and areas we are not...

Case in point my list of flaws and failures that when not if but when solved will make America a far better place.

I do often look at what was gained and what was lost, for the most part it was a gain but with great loss I mean the War On Poverty, Abandoning the Space Race/Moon Program, The Civil Society being replace with the hell we have now, The 1965 Immigration Act, The Gun Control Act of 1968, Taking America off the Gold Strand, Vietnam, The Carter years, The 1986 Amnesty, ec ect ect ect I mean we have let things go way down hill..And for what?

You think I like the Segregation, I don`t(I am 23 and only know I have seen via history but I am assuming I was bad)

I just hate the fraud, abuse, corruption, and "3d worlding" of America.
Equality is the heart and soul of every nation's integrity. All other improvements are based on this foundation. So in my opinion an unequal America even during our best days doesn't compare to today's America. That said, there were defiantly things we as a country could have done better and there are defiantly things we are doing better today.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I loved it then, and I love it today. Unlike you, I am grateful for this nation.
So you like the fact you can be killed via a drone with no evidence?

You like the fact we reward theft, fraud, and incompetence?

You like the face we are wasting billions on illegals while vets dying wait for a doctors appointment?

You like these flaws? They are not "imperfections", you are flaws...

Old 07-19-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Which of the many, many countries that share that history are you referring to?
whether or not other countries shared in these things or not isn't really the question. America in all of its glory has many skeletons in its closet.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Equality is the heart and soul of every nation's integrity. All other improvements are based on this foundation. So in my opinion an unequal America even during our best days doesn't compare to today's America. That said, there were defiantly things we as a country could have done better and there are defiantly things we are doing better today.

Equality of opportunity, or Equality of outcomes?

Old 07-19-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Equality of opportunity, or Equality of outcomes?
Equality in judgement, laws, and opportunity... Outcomes aren't guaranteed...

Old 07-19-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
whether or not other countries shared in these things or not isn't really the question. America in all of its glory has many skeletons in its closet.
Oh not, it does..

Other nations have done far worse and still do..

You know how they treat gays in Iran? They Hang them.

You know how they treat gays in North Korea? They make them run across a minefield, and if they get pass the mines, they are shot in the back.

You how how they treat gays in China? 2 years in a work camp.

You how many off their own people the USSR murdered? 35,000,000.

You how many people Mao and the "peoples party of China" killed? 50,000,000.

You think we are bad, we nothing close to evil, and the fact the left compares us and says we the worst of the worst is a sick joke or a lie...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies