Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2014, 11:09 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
There is no such thing as "moderate". It's just Democrat-speak for "Democrats who implement our agenda slower".
Nonsense. Again if you can't win national office, you cannot effect change.

If you are content in that position, fine. If not, fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 07:17 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
REality check: Democrats are wrong about 100% of everything.

They cannot maintain their ideology and power in a free country without rigging votes or elections.

Eventually, reality catches up with them and the consequences will see them decimated as a party and ideology.

It may be that a political campaign to build a time travel machine can get people to put money into it... for a while. But eventually the evidence mounts that it's wasted money and there is no possibility of building such a device.

Thus, political movements based on purchasing votes with resources stolen from producers and destroying the economy with bad policies eventually results in what we've seen happen. For a while, the democrat line of "blame republicans" may change votes, but eventually reality will become clear... that nothing on the left is actually possible or workable, but is, indeed, massively destructive.

We're about out of other people's money. If they think they can just print it, or borrow without end, the results are as inevitable as preaching the sun will not rise in the morning. Reality WILL destroy the party and AND the ideology of the left.

I don't wish to live through that hell, as they destroy the nation and my and my children's future. But, going along with them is simply pretending you believe a lie, and cannot possibly be moral.

Going along, just for the purpose of holding office or getting "power" would be the epitome of immorality.
Reality check. Your base is getting smaller with every Presidential Election. More are literally dying than are being replaced by younger voters. You may need to scream a little louder to create the same level of noise.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:58 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yeah. Let's make ourselves Bosnia and Herzegovina, Poland, Chzechoslovakia, Estonia, and Austria and Hungary.
The Austro-Hungarian Empire in 1914 was the second largest country in Europe, second only to Germany in size. It was the 4th largest economy, surpassed only by the U.S., Great Britain, and Germany, and there was only a whisker's difference between all 4.

The Empire had been this strong ever since it's two separate empires, those of Austria and those of Hungary, voluntarily combined to join in solidarity forever. Each little nation was still an independent nation, and each of the empires was independent of the other. By combining, each became stronger, but each still kept it's old grudges and ancient rivalries.

4 years later, after 47 years as an empire that controlled a big hunk of the world all that time, Austro-Hungary was shattered, gone forever, and nothing left of it but an entirely new map of the world and a bunch of mutual hostility.

We got all that crap settled with a lot of American blood in the Civil War, and then we got back to being all Americans again. Southern blood and Northern blood was spilled freely on later battlefields, and those who died in France, Germany, Iwo Jima, Cuba, Panama, Iraq and Afghanistan all died as brothers, sealing our unity with the hardest bond to break of all.

America has been beaten up much worse than now many times. We have been through hotter forges than this and have always survived intact.

Let's take a look at what happened in one of the former nations in the Austro-Hungarian empire:
The Bosnia and Herzegovena never got over their ancient gripes, so they had a civil war 80 years later that we all got to watch on TV. That half of their people were married to people from the other half didn't matter. That there were businesses and families and millions of friendships didn't matter. That they spoke the same language didn't matter. Only their small differences mattered, so they decided to go to shooting before they went to talking about their difference.
Their slaughter was worse than ours. And now over 20 years later, the only thing that keeps them peaceful are barricades and the UN peacekeepers. Both sides are as poor as dirt, are still living in the rubble, and went from being a fully developed 20th century society to where they were 180 years earlier.

Yup. Let's split up. Let's create Pacifica, Cascadia, the New Confederation, the North Star Republic, and all those other wacko arbitrary divisions idiots are always coming up with. It all sounds so swell to build fences to keep the others out, whoever the others may be.

Peaceful solution my flat behind! Americans are a scrappier bunch of folks than any other nation in the world.
We would be in perpetual war until everything fell down and some other nation comes in and takes us all over. All it would take is a few crazies calling themselves a militia to light that match if we were splintered into a bunch of little nations.

By the time we had our fill of blood, we would be nothing but easy pickings for any country who wanted what was left.

I'm not too keen on living in a New Bosnia here. Maybe you should visit Old Bosnia first before you commit to un-uniting the United States of America.

You speak only for yourself, Sophiasmommy. I cherish all my friends who differ in their politics, or live in Mississippi, or New York, or Illinois, or Georgia, or California, and I'm damned glad to be a proud American first and a proud Idahoan second. i hope to never see the day when Old Mother Idaho is not a state in our great union.

We are not the only nation on earth with the longest continual government for no reason. Our democracy is the oldest and best the world has ever seen, and is by far the longest-lasting ever.
Bravo!!

Old 07-07-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you Exhibit A. of Liberal Tolerance in America:
Was it tolerance that started this thread?

Old 07-07-2014, 09:21 PM

An observation upon reading through the entire thread: there is one group of posters that has repeatedly called others liars and worst and denigrated those with different beliefs in the most extreme fashion possible.
They are always the first to do this and yet they are the one's who claim the other side is unreasonable and will not compromise.

I honestly wonder how they can possibly not see the hatred and vitriol that permeates their posts on a regular basis.
Any living human can find common ground with another human if s/he is willing to do so.
It is pretty apparent to me from reading the responses here, exactly which group chooses not to do so.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:06 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
"The economy is in a downward spiral with no end in sight . . . inflation was about 20 percent at the end of last year and will be at least double that this year . . . reliance on a top-down approach to problems, particularly in regard to republics, has generated a war of laws between various levels of power and created a legal mess to match the economic mess. . . . In this situation of growing chaos, explosive events have become increasingly possible."

What does that sound like to you? The death of an empire?

That was an assessment from DoI-SOVA on April 25th 1991 called "The Soviet Cauldron."

Just thought I'd mention that...

Last edited by BigJon3475; 07-07-2014 at 10:14 PM..

Old 07-07-2014, 10:37 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Reality check. Your base is getting smaller with every Presidential Election. More are literally dying than are being replaced by younger voters. You may need to scream a little louder to create the same level of noise.
You do know that a 1.9% shift and Romney would have had more votes than Obama right? And that with massive media collusion to push Obama into office in spite of his terrible performance. This delusion that libs have that the country is far left of center is laughable.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:04 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You do know that a 1.9% shift and Romney would have had more votes than Obama right? And that with massive media collusion to push Obama into office in spite of his terrible performance. This delusion that libs have that the country is far left of center is laughable.
Wrong. Obama won by 3.9%. If there had been a uniform 5% shift of votes to Romney in which not only he won nationally by 1.1% instead of losing by 3.9%, but the same 5% shift occurred in every state, he still would have lost in the electoral college. In historic terms, it wasn't that close an election.

Your party's composition matches where the country was 30 years ago, not where it is now and where it was going. According to Pew Research's analysis of 2012 exit polls, 88% of Republican voters were white in an electorate that was 72% white and a nation as a whole that is about 62% white. The percentage of votes cast by whites has dropped in every election since 1992 and will continue to drop. Lindsay Graham said that the GOP was in a demographic death spiral and that they were running out of angry, old white men.

Unless the Republican Party can start appealing to minority voters or begin to routinely win that ever dwindling white vote share by record amounts, their chances of continued success in POTUS races is marginal at best.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:22 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
There is no common ground on many issues. Take wealth redistribution in any form. That is taking money, via government force based on their monopoly on force, from one American and simply giving it to another American. I oppose it completely. So what's the common ground between the individualist like me and the collectivists that represent maybe 95% of the population? Answer - there isn't any.

If the collectivist takes even $0.01 from me, they won and I lost. If they get nothing at all from me and are forced to leave me alone and not use me as a resource for their consumption, then I win and they lose. There is no middle, no common ground, no compromise. Someone wins, someone loses. Period.

And that one issue is ~70% of all federal spending.

Take aggressive neocon foreign policy next. Where is the common ground found on aggressive meddling in the affairs of other nations? You either meddle, or you do not. There is no "sorta meddling, but not really" common ground to be found. Either we invade, or we don't. We meddle, or we don't. We're aggressive or we aren't. Etc etc.

No no, common ground, as it has come to be understood by the "presstitutes" in the media, means that place where we are doing whatever the Democrats want. Period. But that's what common ground typically means anywhere else...one party getting their way and telling the person they defeated that they should be commended for "finding common ground." It's a term used to soothe the pain of defeat.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:34 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
No, we take the whole nation back...Its ours not theirs...

But everything else you are dead on, compromise means we give up our rights, liberty, freedom, and wealth and they give up....Nothing..
Really? You truly believe that the nation only belongs to people of certain political persuasions? That some 23% of the population is your enemy?

That is the most traitorous thing I've read on C-D in a long time. If you were an adult, I'd say you should be hanging your head in shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies