Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 10:26 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The info was presented by the Administration, who cherry picked the intell they were given.

Please read this. Or not, your choice. I was convinced that Bush was telling the truth till I read this report.

http://carnegieendowment.org/files/Iraq3FullText.pdf
Bush was in over his head since the day he was born.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I agree there is plenty of blame to go around.

However, the question that confronts us today is, what do we do going forward.
"Going forward"?

Go back and fix all the windows you broke.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:39 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
"Going forward"?

Sometimes its better to burn the house down and start over. When its not your neighbors house, and someone across the worlds, you don't step in and try and fix it for them.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:41 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
"Going forward"?

How do we do that? Let 'em die?

I don't think we should have invaded Iraq, see my post farther back for my reasons for not supporting this war.

I don't think we should go there now.

I don't give a rats ass about Iraq or its people. Time to focus a little more inward.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:43 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Your earlier post regarding Congress' culpability was your mea culpa ...your back tracking....for being called out for placing the blame directly on George W. Bush for the failed intelligence. Congress was absolutely as much to blame, but it wasn't until you were called out for it did you finally acknowledge that "Congress".....you notably left out "Democrats" as part of your partisan slobbering....was equally to blame.

And now you're trying to use that mea culpa as the basis for denying you were duped not once, but twice. Afterall, you just admitted that you relied on an analysis of PUBLICLY AVAILABLE, UNCLASSIFIED documents to forge your blame against Bush and Republicans.

Not only are you confused, you are disingenuous.

Disingenuous | Define Disingenuous at Dictionary.com

Wrong again, which seems to be a habit with you. Keep posting your little definitions. It doesn't alter the fact that we were lied into Iraq.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
How do we do that? Let 'em die?

I don't think we should have invaded Iraq, see my post farther back for my reasons for not supporting this war.

I don't think we should go there now.

I don't give a rats ass about Iraq or its people. Time to focus a little more inward.
Post-birth abortion for the George Bush Company?

Old 06-17-2014, 11:20 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Wrong again, which seems to be a habit with you. Keep posting your little definitions. It doesn't alter the fact that we were lied into Iraq.
And you insist on blaming George W. Bush and Republican's for that so called "lie" and have yet to proclaim that Congressional Democrats were just as responsible.

That does in fact make you disingenuous.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:22 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And you insist on blaming George W. Bush and Republican's for that so called "lie" and have yet to proclaim that Congressional Democrats were just as responsible.

That does in fact make you disingenuous.

read my earlier posts.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:25 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
The same information that was cherrypicked by Rumsfeld, Cheney, et.al, and spoonfed to Blair, Congress and the American people. The specter of mushroom clouds over America was a big selling point.

Bush's War | FRONTLINE | PBS
Exactly.

While neither political party is worth much these days, it is laughable to pretend that the president's cronies didn't have a vested interest in starting this war. They cherry-picked the data and duped most of the nation, thus leading us into a completely pointless war that we couldn't afford.

http://carnegieendowment.org/files/Iraq3FullText.pdf

Now, Iraqi continues to descent into chaos, once again proving how pointless this war was. And what do we get from the far right? Attempts to deflect the blame along with nothing but insanely contradicting whining about Obama: he's "weak" for not bombing Iraqi into the dirt, but a "war-monger" for sending troops. It is all just more right-wing hypocrisy and spin - a flat-out refusal to own the mess they created and accept reality. Within a few weeks, I'm sure all the whiners who were somehow both upset about pulling out of Iraqi and upset about sending troops back will be upset about "how much this war is costing," while conveniently ignoring the fact that if Bush and pals hadn't lied to us, this war would have never have started.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:29 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinheel View Post
so we should have just allowed suddam to continue thumbing his nose at the West while committing crimes against humanity?
He wasn't actually doing so at the time; there was no humanitarian crisis to put a halt to via military invasion. Now more Iraqis are dead, Iraq is a failed state, and those Hussein had killed ten years earlier? Well, they're still dead.

As for thumbing his nose at you, no. I don't think thumbing one's nose at the US is justification for invasion and torture. Iraqi lives are worth more than American egos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies