Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 03:10 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
No, I don't hate people I don't understand - I hate them BECAUSE I understand them.

It's really easy to "understand" somebody when he uses the n-word in casual conversation, when he can't go a week without ranting about how much he wants to "kill those people," when he can't stop blaming gays, Muslims, Mexicans, blacks, and so on for "every problem the nation has," or when he actually gives me a KKK recruitment speech, claiming that the 1st Amendment protects the Klan's actions against blacks.

All of that I have experienced working with right-wing extremists who loudly support the Tea Party, and we're talking a good number of people here... meanwhile, the worst I've heard from a left-wing "extremist" is "Bush lied, the rich pay too little in taxes, and guns suck." That's it...

So, while YOU are not a right-wing extremist, that doesn't invalidate the staggering number of ignorant and idiotic right-wing lunatics I've met... in a blue region, of a blue state. It is obvious based on that information alone that the problem of dangerous right-wingers is far larger than anyone likes to admit, while the comparable "left wing extremist" is rarer than hen's teeth.

I voted Republican for years, but I will not support them again until the Tea Party lunatics are purged from their ranks.
Which city in Maryland do you live in? Which city do you work in? What industry? Do the people you work with know that you hold them in such high regard?

You've actually met someone who "uses the n-word in casual conversation, when he can't go a week without ranting about how much he wants to "kill those people," when he can't stop blaming gays, Muslims, Mexicans, blacks, and so on for "every problem the nation has," or when he actually gives me a KKK recruitment speech, claiming that the 1st Amendment protects the Klan's actions against blacks" in real life? And to you, this means an entire group thinks like that person? What field are in that you work with so many "right-wing extremists"? What constitutes a "right-wing extremist" in your eye?

The number is staggering? How about you give us a little hint? One million? 20 million? 3?

Old 06-17-2014, 03:16 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
Quote:
There probably have been a few, but they are in the tiny minority.

The problem is that somewhere along the line, the far-right became defined by: exclusion, hatred, and violence fetishes. Even if one wants to stick to the worn-out mantra that "liberals like big government and higher taxes," that still doesn't motivate a person to kill... while the far-right, Tea Party view is really one step away from violence at all times. Violence against "the government," "those people," and so on.

One can expect more such far right-wing violence in the future as it becomes painfully clear that they will not be able to warp our society into their bigoted vision via the ballot box. Next stop is always "killing the people who need killing" in their deranged world view.
attitudes like this really make me dislike the people of united states, for sure your hatred of anybody on the right or anybody associated with a tea party group just proves that nothing can every be solve. make one just want to shake their head and walk away.

you surely don't understand the tea party or any type of conservative nature.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:18 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
attitudes like this really make me dislike the people of united states, for sure your hatred of anybody on the right or anybody associated with a tea party group just proves that nothing can every be solve. make one just want to shake their head and walk away.

you surely don't understand the tea party or any type of conservative nature.
But, he personally talks to them all the time. Apparently he works in the nationa TEA Party headquarters there in Maryland.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:19 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,246 times
What difference does it make if he was a right wing nut job or a left wing nut job? The fact is, he IS a nut job, no matter what his political affiliations is. Thank god the two police officers weren't killed and the only better outcome would have been if he was killed.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:23 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
There probably have been a few, but they are in the tiny minority.

The problem is that somewhere along the line, the far-right became defined by: exclusion, hatred, and violence fetishes. Even if one wants to stick to the worn-out mantra that "liberals like big government and higher taxes," that still doesn't motivate a person to kill... while the far-right, Tea Party view is really one step away from violence at all times. Violence against "the government," "those people," and so on.

One can expect more such far right-wing violence in the future as it becomes painfully clear that they will not be able to warp our society into their bigoted vision via the ballot box. Next stop is always "killing the people who need killing" in their deranged world view.

According to the FBI, so-called eco-terrorists and animal rights groups like the Earth Liberation Front have committed over two thousand crimes and caused losses of over $110 million since 1979. Ecological extremism (BaltimoreSun) gained particular notoriety in the 1990s, and in 2004 the FBI declared these groups the No. 1 domestic terrorism threat.

Militant Extremists in the United States - Council on Foreign Relations

Old 06-17-2014, 03:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Start stepping on freedom and constitutional rights and there is no mass shooting.
Just those trying to oppress liberty, got shot.

Expect more of the same as the police state continues.

The guy took, give me liberty or give me death very seriously. It wasn't a game of, let's be bullied, to him.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:28 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Yet another right wing domestic terrorist. Oh, and this is the third Bundy Rancher militia nutjob to go on a shooting spree.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:33 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Yet another right wing domestic terrorist. Oh, and this is the third Bundy Rancher militia nutjob to go on a shooting spree.

2 bullies get shot for oppression and that is considered a shooting spree?

Old 06-17-2014, 03:36 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Start stepping on freedom and constitutional rights and there is no mass shooting.
Just those trying to oppress liberty, got shot.
My butt. The ranger didn't "oppress" anyone.

Quote:
Expect more of the same as the police state continues.

The guy took, give me liberty or give me death very seriously. It wasn't a game of, let's be bullied, to him.
And here we have yet another right wing nutjob attempting to justify right wing domestic terrorism.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:39 PM

702 posts, read 726,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
No one better claim that right wing fringe groups could possibly be domestic terrorists because that would be wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies