Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 05:35 AM

19,030 posts, read 14,205,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
No, it isn't. relax. And If America collapses, we can always annex Canada.
More likely that the Commonwealth annexes US.

Commonwealth of Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Commonwealth of Nations, commonly known as the Commonwealth (formerly the British Commonwealth), is an intergovernmental organisation of 53 member states that were mostly territories of the former British Empire. The Commonwealth operates by intergovernmental consensus of the member states, organised through the Commonwealth Secretariat, and non-governmental organisations, organised through the Commonwealth Foundation.

The Commonwealth dates back to the mid 20th century with the decolonization of the British Empire through increased self-governance of its territories. It was formally constituted by the London Declaration in 1949, which established the member states as "free and equal". The symbol of this free association is Queen Elizabeth II who is the Head of the Commonwealth. The Queen is also the monarch of 16 members of the Commonwealth, known as Commonwealth realms. The other members of the Commonwealth have different persons as head of state: 32 members are republics and five members are monarchies with a different monarch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 05:35 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
We borrow money to give to countries that hate us. We are in deep debt. Our banks lost trillions of dollars in the housing market. Many houses are being sold for peanuts and the banks lost most of that principle on millions of loans,not just the interest..they gave to the borrower and they gave to the builders.

There is no recovery ..we putt along and it is stupid to think we are doing any better. This whole system of things was run by thieves and morally corrupt people. It has been the me generation for years and materialism without responsibility has been the norm.

Our opened borders are bleeding out money from our government which is the peoples's credit card..our tax base is much smaller today and the debt is growing larger. It is a run away train and will run off the track soon.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:27 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolph09 View Post
Look I like a lot of the people here even if I disagree with you on many things.

But let's be honest. America is terminally dysfunctional. It's falling apart. But you know, these things happen historically, to everyone.

My advice to people is to prepare in some way. Not necessarily panic or move to bunker or the boondocks, but just prepare in some way. Anything is better than nothing.
If our country could go through the turmoil of the Vietnam years and come out other side I think we can weather the turmoil of now. I agree the pendulum has swung as far as it can go, people are fed up and that's when change starts to happen starting with voting in a new crop of people who care more about his country than their party. We all need to do our homework better when we vote for starters on what we can do.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:42 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
★ The national debt, in excess of 17 trillion dollars and growing, can never be paid off. Remember, dollar bills (Federal Reserve NOTES) are part of the debt - being borrowed into existence, at usury. Debt cannot pay debt. So the ever growing debt service is great for the taxpayers. (Let’s break the 44% aggregate tax ceiling!)
★ This impossible to repay debt cannot be challenged, pursuant to clause 4, 14th amendment, U.S. Con. Huzzah, cry the bankers.
★ If the debt and interest were frozen right now, it would only take 190,000 years to mine enough bullion to legally pay off the national debt, pursuant to law.
I missed the part where national debt was a credit card that needed to be repaid.

Maybe this should shed some light:

Double Entry Accounting.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:44 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Look I like a lot of the people here even if I disagree with you on many things.

But let's be honest. America is terminally dysfunctional. It's falling apart. But you know, these things happen historically, to everyone.

My advice to people is to prepare in some way. Not necessarily panic or move to bunker or the boondocks, but just prepare in some way. Anything is better than nothing.
Obama's election supports your theory. Obama may go away but the voters who elected him are still casting votes. Thus the real provblem is revealed.

Recovery is possible if the media assumes its original role and just enough voters pay attention.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:47 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,090,473 times
Quote:
I suggest we just start upholding our laws again. First, we demand that the NSA stop bulk collecting metadata so that we can get a free press again. Once that happens the floodgates of wrongdoing will open up and we can start addressing the criminal activities one by one.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:37 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I missed the part where national debt was a credit card that needed to be repaid.

Maybe this should shed some light:

Double Entry Accounting.
you really need to crack open an accounting 101 text book. double entry accounting is not talking about debt, but rather where transactions are posted, and why they are posted in certain places on both sides of the ledger. it has nothing to do with debt unless you buy everything on credit.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:07 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,090,473 times
Let the old America collapse so we can build a new one. One where corrupt bankers who cause a global economic collapse actually go to jail. An America where the Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution still means something. Finally, an America where common sense still prevails and corporations are not granted the same rights as citizens. That's the United States of America I want to live in!

Old 06-18-2014, 10:11 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,239,198 times
Doesn't seem to be collapsing, just declining steadily. The country will probably decline until we are about on par with Mexico in most regards.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:16 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Democracies, it seems to me, are always on the verge of collapse. Somehow they survive and whether the crisis. The USA being the greatest of the greatest democratic republics will rally, survive and prosper. Nothing comes easy, but that only makes success all the more sweeter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies