Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 03:58 PM

56,962 posts, read 25,922,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Are you 4 or 5? Clandestine (read: spy/intelligence) services do not have the luxury of getting the people they are spying on to exclaim: "we have the bomb!" This is not Hollywood, you use clues and tidbits of facts to make an assessment, an obvious fact that is clearly beyond your grasp.

Uh, Austria, England, Czechs, Canada, a bunch of others. Other than the UN inspectors, who'd been out of iraq for years, no one was really arguing too hard he didn't have them.

That you are posing this question indicates that you are way in over your head.

Hans Blix from the UN along with several hundred inspectors from various countries found no evidence of WMD's but we still decided to invade. The inspected hundreds of sites from 2000 to 2003 and found nothing.

Quote:
BERKELEY – Speaking on the anniversary of the United States' invasion of Iraq,
originally declared as a pre-emptive strike against a madman ready to deploy weapons of mass destruction (WMDs), the man first charged with finding those weapons said that
the U.S. government has "the same mind frame as the witch hunters of the past" — looking for
evidence to support a foregone conclusion.

"There were about 700 inspections, and in no case did we find weapons of mass destruction," said Hans Blix, the Swedish diplomat called out of retirement to serve as the United Nations' chief weapons inspector from 2000 to 2003;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 04:01 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,512,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Sky rocketing fuel and food prices are in the cards already and with that said how to you justify sending more troops to die in the ME. I mean inflation should be a reason to invade countries or fight the fight that they should be fighting? I do not think that is a justification to go to war.
I'm not advocating war.

I'm discussing the fact that Obama has created conditions for war all over the middle east and north Africa and this will have consequences for Americans, particularly people on the dole. Take the problem up with him.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:02 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,149,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The person who who is most responsible for the debacle and omnishambles know as the Iraq War has the audacity to criticize Obama over his actions in Iraq. What is the USA's No. 1 chicken hawk solution to the Iraq fiasco, send more Americans to die in Iraq. Because of his action future generations will be dealing with the mess he created.

Dick Cheney and Liz Cheney: The Collapsing Obama Doctrine - WSJ
I was in Desert Storm and I am critical of the idiot in handling foreign policy.

So what?

Old 06-18-2014, 04:10 PM

46,857 posts, read 25,796,967 times
Quote:
Can't help but laugh at people like this. Intelligence is hypothesis, supposition, guesswork;
Funny how the qualifiers came out after the fact. Because I don't recall Colin Powell or Rumsfeld or Rice talking about guesswork. Rumsfeld stepped up and declared the administration knew where the WMD were.

Quote:
if they were wrong
Ehm - they were wrong.

Quote:
and the US did nothing and saddam dropped a warhead on the US or an ally - people like you would be screeching against Bush "why didn't you DO something!"
Dear Lord, you now have to dream up hypothetical scenarios to justify your stance. Not even likely scenarios, at that. Iraq "dropping a warhead on the US", in what world does that even make sense? Although it has been a while I've heard the "He's a madman" when some particularly ludicrous scenario that required Saddam to act against his own interests was trotted out, so - thanks for the trip down memory lane, I guess.

Quote:
And materials can be compartmentalized or destroyed, like iran's nuclear weapons program.
Oooh, so now it's "materials" or "programs" - no longer "weapons"? Damn, those goalposts do get moved around quite a bit, don't they?

Quote:
Or India's. Or Pakistan's.
If you think India could ship out their nuclear weapons and programs in a matter of months without leaving any evidence behind, you're really not part of the real world. It's a preposterous idea.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:17 PM

46,857 posts, read 25,796,967 times
Quote:
Uh, Austria, England, Czechs, Canada, a bunch of others. Other than the UN inspectors, who'd been out of iraq for years, no one was really arguing too hard he didn't have them.
Could you cite Austria's backing evidence? I followed it rather closely and can't recall Austria having much of an influence, but if you have a link or two - my German is quite good, if that helps any.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:28 PM

46,186 posts, read 26,919,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I'm not advocating war.

I'm discussing the fact that Obama has created conditions for war all over the middle east and north Africa and this will have consequences for Americans, particularly people on the dole. Take the problem up with him.

Great post, something the left will never figure out!

Old 06-18-2014, 04:57 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,422,751 times
Smile Dick Cheney criticizes Obama over Iraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The person who who is most responsible for the debacle and omnishambles know as the Iraq War has the audacity to criticize Obama over his actions in Iraq. What is the USA's No. 1 chicken hawk solution to the Iraq fiasco, send more Americans to die in Iraq. Because of his action future generations will be dealing with the mess he created.

Dick Cheney and Liz Cheney: The Collapsing Obama Doctrine - WSJ
That fool hasn't been right yet.

No one with three working brain cells would listen to Cheney's imbecilic mutterings on Iraq. The record shows him to be about 0 for 226 or something along those lines.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:07 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,276,152 times
Quote:
Are you 4 or 5? Clandestine (read: spy/intelligence) services do not have the luxury of getting the people they are spying on to exclaim: "we have the bomb!" This is not Hollywood, you use clues and tidbits of facts to make an assessment, an obvious fact that is clearly beyond your grasp.
I didn't ask if anyone said "we have the bomb!". I asked if no one proving something did not happen means you believe it did.

Quote:
Garbage. Canada's position, at least, did not reflect the US's. I have to assume that you're wrong about those other countries too.

Quote:
That you are posing this question indicates that you are way in over your head.
Nonsense. If, say, Poland got their intelligence from the US, then their intelligence agencies are parroting, not confirming, the scum Bush's lies and bringing them up as vindication of the US's claims is worthless. This is what the scum Cheney did: feed data to the NYT then claim the NYT's publication of that data represents independent confirmation of his claims.

And then there's Curveball.

And since you asked so nicely, I'm 42.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:12 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,581,817 times
All this means is those Haliburton contracts dried up.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:18 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,610,333 times
I think Liberals and Obama are seeing the living in a vacuum and thinking we can all just get along in a world with same type bad guys and not at all like 1939.People once felt safe but have learn this isn't 1939 world. Isolation just means ignoring reality of the real world. as it did up to 1939. Thanks to the guy who fought in dessert storm also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies