Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 11:58 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
How much money does liberal progressives put out to make these kind of videos? Does anyone actually belive white liberal progressives - Reid, Pelosi, Biden, Obama and company - really care about the name or are they merely speaking the liberal narrative? Does anyone truly believe they are concerned with American Indians? They don't care about their own constituencies unless it means increasing their voting base.
If you really want to know, why don't you write to the National Congress of American Indians and ask them how much this commercial cost them to make and air.

Home | NCAI

Old 06-18-2014, 12:03 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
I am offended by the word "hand" and want it changed to "manual extremity". "Head" should be "cranial vault" and other bodily parts should be renamed as to not offend those who suffer from maladies to these parts. Disabled/handicapped is racist as well.

Call the thought police?

Let's be entirely stupid about it.
If you believe a law has been violated and you are the affected party (have standing) you can file a lawsuit as did this group of American Indians. A court will decide the merits of your case and a make a legal decision based on the law.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:14 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
How much money does liberal progressives put out to make these kind of videos? Does anyone actually belive white liberal progressives - Reid, Pelosi, Biden, Obama and company - really care about the name or are they merely speaking the liberal narrative? Does anyone truly believe they are concerned with American Indians? They don't care about their own constituencies unless it means increasing their voting base.
The video was produced and aired by the National Congress of American Indians, presumably because they considered it important.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:53 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
You're projecting. Liberals don't hold minorities in contempt like you obviously do and you shouldn't assume they do.

Liberals use minorities and anything else they feel they need to champion a cause for as fodder for their agendas. Do they actually care? No, they will hop on the next bus to liberal justice la-la land and forget about Redskins until the media happens to mention it in a couple of years.They do it all to distance themselves from media perceived "racists" and to feel good about themselves. Everything they do is just and for the common good as they are legends in their own minds.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:53 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times
All of your truly fake outrage over what you call "fake outrage" shows how backwards you all are.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:57 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
All of your truly fake outrage over what you call "fake outrage" shows how backwards you all are.
Backwards? I always do 360s and am therefore always facing the correct direction.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:03 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times
Quote:
Liberals use minorities and anything else they feel they need to champion a cause for as fodder for their agendas. Do they actually care? No, they will hop on the next bus to liberal justice la-la land and forget about Redskins until the media happens to mention it in a couple of years.They do it all to distance themselves from media perceived "racists" and to feel good about themselves. Everything they do is just and for the common good as they are legends in their own minds.

Thank you great mind reading right winger for telling me how I actually think because clearly you would know better than I would and in no way would that be based on your own racist and anti-liberal bias (both of which you've proudly put on display right here in this thread).

You seem to have a tough time accepting that liberals don't think like you do. Maybe you can get some help for that.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:12 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You would really freakout if you understood how the Cleveland Browns got their name.

Legislative PC.... Pure freedom!!
I know how the Cleveland Browns got their name and no it isn't something I would freak out about.

Origin of NFL Team Names | Quake City

Why would I be offended that the Browns are named after Paul Brown? Did you think they were named after the amount of black people in Cleveland?

Old 06-18-2014, 01:16 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I know how the Cleveland Browns got their name and no it isn't something I would freak out about.

Origin of NFL Team Names | Quake City

Why would I be offended that the Browns are named after Paul Brown? Did you think they were named after the amount of black people in Cleveland?

You know it, and I know it, but others... eh....maybe not.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:53 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,552 times
Who was "offended" by the name RedSkins? Anyone? Anybody? Aside from the deliberately over sensitive "progressives" I don't think anyone ever cared. The fact that the "progressives" have so much power to dictate what an NFL Football team should be called, despite having it's previous name for years, and despite the legion of Red Skins fans demanding to leave the name alone, is a testament to the "progressives" power. They are the establishment.

This is just stupid and a sign of what our nation is becoming, and it's not becoming a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies