Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 01:12 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
The case to impeach Barack 'Milhous' Obama is much stronger then the one used to impeach Nixon.
Have you considered learning the facts before posting?

Nixon was NEVER impeached, chicken s**t that he was he tucked his tail between his legs and ran before Congress had the chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

4,873 posts, read 3,601,591 times
I think both sides of the aisle can agree that we want the right-wing to impeach Obama. Possibly for different reasons.

3,216 posts, read 2,230,895 times
Please, please Republicans, don't even entertain the idea. The thought of that half wit Joe Biden becoming the President is hideous.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:13 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
I provided evidence to support my statements of Obama being impeached, the bit about Carson was my opinion, but the evidence of impeachment against Obama is real. You have done no such thing, just ad-hominem attacks.

Just because you don't personally like Carson doesn't matter. Do you have evidence to support that he's "a joke"? I provided evidence to show otherwise, here you can read it again.

Ted Cruz and Ben Carson Lead Big GOP Presidential Straw Poll
Donald Trump led the GOP polls for a good long while last time.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:17 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
We will have to have an election because the whole Obama administration is going to be impeached. Biden was involved in these scandals as well, he is disqualified to be the President. The House Speaker John Boehner will become the current President for two years until we elect Dr. Ben Carson.

I say if the GOP was smart they would fire Boehner's RINO butt and give Congressman Gowdy a promotion as House Speaker. That way he will be President for 2 years. He's exactly what this country needs.
Impeachment is simply charging the President or official with a crime. The House may have enough votes to charge the President. But the GOP doesn't have enough votes in the Senate to find the President guilty. Hence, a waste of time.

As for your poll-----a straw poll at the Republican Leadership Conference tells you that Republicans attending a leadership conference like Cruz and Carson. Nothing more.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:17 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
Obama does need to be impeached.

The democrats thought Bush was acting outside the law, and violating our Constitution, Obama has only expanded these acts. I don't want to wait for the next president to come along and decide he/she can rule as a dictator, becuase of the precedence set by Obama.

We cannot allow the spying on Americans and using the various administrative agencies to go after political enemies to continue, much less escalate, under this president, or a future president.
The problem with what you say is that Congress gave Bush and then Obama authority to do these things, and has not shown much inclination to rein them in.

I agree that domestic spying is a huge problem, but Bush/Obama have only acted rationally from their points of view - they use the tools that they have been given.

I think a presidential nominee who ran with this and anti-coporatism as his/her platform, because they are related - screw all the social issues stuff - would really shock the PTB, even if he/she was a third-party candidate with little chance of winning.

But when I say screw the social issues stuff, I mean it. The very first time such a candidate makes a statement on, say, abortion - there goes the cross-over vote that would make the platform otherwise such a powerful draw.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:18 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
I agree that his statement was too far, it's not the worst thing since slavery, but it is a bad thing. Dr. Ben Carson is one of the best Doctors in the world, that makes him the authority on it, he says it's bad, it's bad. He has far better plans to fix healthcare, I recommend you read about it.
His statement was hyperbolic BS, not just 'too far'.

And saying he's "one of the best Doctors in the world" (and just WHO made that determination?) qualifies him as an authority on the nuts and bolts of the healthcare industry is like saying a good mechanic is qualified to manage General Motors. You may have made an apples/oranges fruit salad but nothing logical in your assessment of why we should believe him.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:19 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
I think both sides of the aisle can agree that we want the right-wing to impeach Obama. Possibly for different reasons.
So Democrats know that Obama is bad for their own party? That he is damaging their image? And the sooner he's gone the easier it will be for them to try and brush it under the rug?

If that's the case than I say let's do a bi-partisan agreement and work together to get Obama impeached. He's not just bad for Democrats, he's bad for all Americans.

Only the Democratic Loyalists remain. They would follow their Lord Obama off a cliff.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:27 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Have you considered learning the facts before posting?

Nixon was NEVER impeached, chicken s**t that he was he tucked his tail between his legs and ran before Congress had the chance.
LOL. Reality has a well-known liberal bias.

Anyway, Nixon had to leave regardless of the threat of impeachment. He could not survive after SCOTUS ruled that the tapes were admissible.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:27 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
So Democrats know that Obama is bad for their own party? That he is damaging their image? And the sooner he's gone the easier it will be for them to try and brush it under the rug?

If that's the case than I say let's do a bi-partisan agreement and work together to get Obama impeached. He's not just bad for Democrats, he's bad for all Americans.

Only the Democratic Loyalists remain. They would follow their Lord Obama off a cliff.
Oh yeah. As many Ds here have said, we *are* anxious for you to do it. But keep in mind, *our* reasons for wanting you to do it are not necessarily *your* reasons.

You should think about it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies