Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 07:03 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,534,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm sorry Boomer. I know it must have been tough coming of age during America's golden age. Jobs that required a 3rd grade education, affordable health care, affordable college, and the wife got to stay home in your own sprawling compound.

Yeah, that's rough.

(End sarcasm)

Just be grateful the Millenials don't hunt you down and behead you for their plight.
No kidding. As a Gen-X'er I wholeheartedly apologize to Millenials that I cannot seem to turn back the Boomer's mess. Why'd the Greatest Generation raise the Most Narcissistic Generation Ever in the World?

I don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 07:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Years ago the focus was on my generation, Gen X. But now were old, and the focus moves on to the next. Millenials. I'd rather hear about the Millenials than the scourge of the earth Boomers.

Getting old sucks.
This answers the OP, and yes it does suck to get old. I always hate when I listen to music from my youth and realize the album is over 20 years old.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:23 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
No kidding. As a Gen-X'er I wholeheartedly apologize to Millenials that I cannot seem to turn back the Boomer's mess. Why'd the Greatest Generation raise the Most Narcissistic Generation Ever in the World?

I don't get it.
Of course we are generalizing and I'm sure we'll get pounced on for it but I simply see too much of the paradigm in my own life to ignore it.

My parents (Boomers) are clueless when it comes to the challenges their Millenial grandchildren face. As a Gen X I just try to tell my young nephews and nieces to ignore them.

I know full well how good the Boomers had it and I surely know us Gen Xers had it better than what the Millenials face.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:35 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,534,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Of course we are generalizing and I'm sure we'll get pounced on for it but I simply see too much of the paradigm in my own life to ignore it.

My parents (Boomers) are clueless when it comes to the challenges their Millenial grandchildren face. As a Gen X I just try to tell my young nephews and nieces to ignore them.

I know full well how good the Boomers had it and I surely know us Gen Xers had it better than what the Millenials face.
Yeah, it's always a generalization. But like you said, some things are hard to ignore. And before the Boomers get their depends in a bunch, us Gen-X'ers are no better. Because we know it could be better but we are not doing enough to change it.

Again, Millennials, my sincere apologies.

(Some)Boomers. FU.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:57 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Yeah, it's always a generalization. But like you said, some things are hard to ignore. And before the Boomers get their depends in a bunch, us Gen-X'ers are no better. Because we know it could be better but we are not doing enough to change it.

Again, Millennials, my sincere apologies.

(Some)Boomers. FU.
Ha! Agreed though I'll deflect all heat from the Boomers to you.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:07 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Quote:

I don't get it.
You don't get it because you have it wrong. The most narcissistic generation is the Millenials. Please illustrate for me specific social, regulatory, or other national policies that you can truly tie to actions taken by boomers, who didn't reach voting age until 1967.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:16 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:

I don't get it.
If it wasn`t for the boomers we`d still be in Vietnam and the Cuyahoga river would still catch fire from time to time. Problem?

Old 06-20-2014, 07:47 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
If it wasn`t for the boomers we`d still be in Vietnam and the Cuyahoga river would still catch fire from time to time. Problem?
I don't agree with all of these generational generalizations but the Vietnam protests started in The US in 1964-when the oldest Boomer was 18; the oldest Boomer was 8 when the Civil Rights Movement began.

The oldest Boomers were definitely involved in the Anti-War and Environmental protests but there were also others involved that seem to never get recognition.

I've noticed that some Boomers like to take full credit for all the above.
Maybe that is why some are able to sit back and not protest for anything at all today and even stigmatize and mock those that do-like the older Tea Partiers and younger Occupy Wall Streeters.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 06-20-2014 at 07:55 AM..

Old 06-20-2014, 07:48 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Because millenials are the future.

We are the most intelligent, educated, and innovative generation. Most of us despise what the baby boomers have done to the world.

Guess what?! We're coming. We are coming to take your jobs.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:51 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Because millenials are the future.

We are the most intelligent, educated, and innovative generation. Most of us despise what the baby boomers have done to the world.

Guess what?! We're coming. We are coming to take your jobs.
What have the boomers done to the world? Please give specific examples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies