Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 07:25 AM

17,343 posts, read 9,157,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
When our troops left Iraq three years ago, all the haters claimed, "Obama didn't get us out. All he did was follow Bush's plan."

Now that Bush's total screw-up in Iraq is bearing the inevitable fruit of his mismanagement, the haters are in lockstep again, but this time it's "Iraq is falling apart because Obama pulled our guys out too soon."

Hate makes one an idiot.
I wonder how gleefully you were cheering the dems during the 7 years they were undermining Bush and our efforts in Iraq, after they had all voted for it. I recall dems stating "the Iraq war is lost", calling our soldiers terrorists and murderers and rapists, claiming Bush knew all along there was no WMD, and openly cheering every setback or obstacle. This "dissent" didn't come after a withdrawal, either, but while American men and women were fighting, and dying, in Iraq. The dems subverted our efforts in Iraq, relentlessly damaged our stature on the world stage, and viciously weakened American resolve abroad, all for purely political reasons. Obama has simply carried this self-serving, and destructive, attitude through to the bitter end. Again, for craven political purposes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 07:25 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,469,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I did not call anyone a hater. Scott Wilson can say whatever he wishes, and you can run with his opinions, but I'd rather stick with facts.
What 'facts' are you sticking with ?

Obama wanted to leave thousands of troops in Iraq, but Iraq refused to do what Obama wanted ?

Obama did Not want to leave any troops there and the months of negotiating for a new SOFA never happened ?

I happened to support all troops leaving and was glad negotiations failed. Still, the 'fact' is, his administration tried to leave troops there.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:26 AM

76,990 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We all know the drill by now.."Bush's fault".
They are your words, so you should be familiar with it.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:27 AM

4,500 posts, read 5,007,769 times
Obama reminds me of my cousin, when we were little he wouldn't close the door because you opened it and went out first, but if he opened it, and went out first, it was your job to close it because you were the last one out. Obama's biggest problem is yet to come - how he will be able to blame Bush for what happens to him after he's out of office. Should be interesting.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:30 AM

33,507 posts, read 18,016,900 times
The troop withdrawal is all on Obama.. the dems know this and were glad to see the men come home.. Obama lied again. Plain and simple.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:32 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,638,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He's despicable because he's a habitual liar.

He now blames the Iraqi prime minister for our troops leaving.

However, here's what he said at the time....."With regards to Iraq, you and I agreed, I believe, that there should be a status of forces agreement," Romney told Obama as the two convened on the Lynn University campus in Boca Raton, Fla., that October evening. "That’s not true," Obama interjected. “Oh, you didn't want a status of forces agreement?” Romney asked as an argument ensued. “No,” Obama said. “What I would not have done is left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down. That certainly would not help us in the Middle East.”

He is a man of very little (if any) character. He took full credit during the election for removing ALL troops from Iraq, now places blame on someone else. This is what we've come to expect from him.

Those who support him will still argue against all of the facts out there, which is a shame.
President Obama took credit in 2012 for withdrawing all troops from Iraq. Today he said something different.

Obama has always wanted to pull our forces out of Iraq! He saw the failure to negotiate a SOFA agreement as his ticket to leaving Iraq, and hitting the RESET button and erasing "Bush's unjust war."

He pulled them out, not because it was the best thing to do for the people of Iraq.

Not because it would ensure peace and stability, and not because it was strategically best for winning the war on terror.

He did it for purely personal, ideological reasons, with a the usual heaping helping of partisan political payback, ignorance and naiveté thrown in. He did it because he is a clueless fool.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:33 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,259,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Whatever suits the mood. They also claimed he was "outplayed" by Iraq when they did not agree to US terms about leaving some troops in Iraq. Today its a different story, and tomorrow it will be something else. A lot of posters here have absolutely no credibility whatsoever.
I agree with you that alot of posters have no credibility whatsoever. When posters constantly defend a President on all issues and without question there goes your credibility.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:35 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,638,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The troop withdrawal is all on Obama.. the dems know this and were glad to see the men come home.. Obama lied again. Plain and simple.
Get ready for Obama's destructive and weak policies to make Afghanistan look like Iraq, and Libya to look like Iraq.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:37 AM

46,174 posts, read 26,885,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post

The GOP has no credibility whatsoever.
A new memo musta come out, because a lot of lefties are now saying this....

Old 06-20-2014, 07:37 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,484,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He's despicable because he's a habitual liar.

He now blames the Iraqi prime minister for our troops leaving.

However, here's what he said at the time....."With regards to Iraq, you and I agreed, I believe, that there should be a status of forces agreement," Romney told Obama as the two convened on the Lynn University campus in Boca Raton, Fla., that October evening. "That’s not true," Obama interjected. “Oh, you didn't want a status of forces agreement?” Romney asked as an argument ensued. “No,” Obama said. “What I would not have done is left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down. That certainly would not help us in the Middle East.”

He is a man of very little (if any) character. He took full credit during the election for removing ALL troops from Iraq, now places blame on someone else. This is what we've come to expect from him.

Those who support him will still argue against all of the facts out there, which is a shame.
The sycophants who worship him are the despicable ones. A week ago, they were all anti-war and blaming Bush for us being in it, now they're super-hawks aching for this new Obama war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies