Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 03:24 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I will only support this if the Presbyterian church sends their divestments from Israel and into purchasing property in Saudi Arabia so churches can be built there.
Saudi Arabia will not allow even one Christian church to be built no matter how much money you bring to the table.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 07:21 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I'm saying you should abstain from homosexual acts that are an abomination to God.
Yet what you cannot say truthfully is that Jesus had anything to say about homosexuality, eh?

Old 06-25-2014, 07:35 AM

1,347 posts, read 954,257 times
Quote:
Saudi Arabia will not allow even one Christian church to be built no matter how much money you bring to the table.
The same goes for much, if not all, of the arab world. Try building a church in Libya, Iraq, Egypt, etc., and assuming the regime even allows it, there is a strong chance it will get attacked/fire-bombed at some point.

The arab muslim world is an absolute dump; there are even laws on the books preventing minorities like jews from voting, taking certain jobs, owning land, etc. Some arab nations don't even allow them entrance

Take a look at the population numbers of minorities in arab muslim countries today, and compare them to what they were ten and twenty years ago; all of them - in EVERY arab muslim country - have fallen.

The ONLY country where the number of christians has increased is Israel.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:42 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Yet what you cannot say truthfully is that Jesus had anything to say about homosexuality, eh?
This has been gone over countless times. The New Testament clearly condemns homosexual behavior. If you eliminate all of the words of the Bible except for Jesus's words you will have a very small book. Jesus did not say that adultery is wrong in the Bible, but when he saved the woman caught in adultery from stoning He said: "Go and sin no more". Just because Jesus personaly doesn't list, specify and address each sin doesn't mean they are not sins. Homosexual behavior is an abomination to God.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:52 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,983,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
The same goes for much, if not all, of the arab world. Try building a church in Libya, Iraq, Egypt, etc., and assuming the regime even allows it, there is a strong chance it will get attacked/fire-bombed at some point.

The arab muslim world is an absolute dump; there are even laws on the books preventing minorities like jews from voting, taking certain jobs, owning land, etc. Some arab nations don't even allow them entrance

Take a look at the population numbers of minorities in arab muslim countries today, and compare them to what they were ten and twenty years ago; all of them - in EVERY arab muslim country - have fallen.

The ONLY country where the number of christians has increased is Israel.
Yet there are some Gulf rich Arab countries where it is safe for Christians to live in and churches do exist such as Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait and United Arab Emerates. Infact there was a time when there were barely any Christians and that was before the oil boom. In addition no churches existed there. But today Churches exist in Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait and United Arab Emerates.

When Regina Setiadi moved from Indonesia to the Gulf last year, she left her Bible, crucifix and rosary behind.
"I never think that here in [the] Middle East there's a church," the 37-year-old Catholic, who now lives in Doha, Qatar, told Al Jazeera. "I thought we have to pray secretly at home."

But now, Qatar's growing Christian community is celebrating - albeit quietly - the opening of the country's first church since pre-Islamic times.

For Christians, the milestone is a validation of their growing community, comprised of expatriate workers mainly from South Asia and the Philippines.

For others, the church symbolises a step forward for rapidly developing Qatar, a tiny energy-rich country bidding for the 2016 Olympics.

"The church will send a positive message to the world," Abdullah bin Hamad al-Attiyah, Qatar's minister of energy and industry, told reporters on Friday during the unveiling of the complexQatar opens first church, quietly - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

In addition one of Bahrain’s ambassadors to the United States is a female Jewish citizen of Bahrain. http://inplacenews.wordpress.com/200...sh-ambassador/

Plus Morocco has a Jewish representative in the Morocco government. Not all Arab Muslim countries are like hell on earth for non muslims or have harsh restrictions placed on them.

Last edited by other99; 06-25-2014 at 08:19 AM..

Old 06-25-2014, 07:56 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
The US is a war machine, why is there any reason to believe we have exclusive rights to that status?
I didn't say the US is a war machine, although some in charge do find long term wars and occupying countries to be the US job. I said we are making as in enabling other countries to become violent and hateful against the US and allies. Occupying any country will make others hate you eventually! Making friends/bowing to those that believe by their religious faith is their job to kill us is even more of a no brainer!

Quote:
I think a better lesson in history is the nations that crumbled from within because they were too busy trying to conquer/subvert other nations to take care of their own problems. The US could be the poster-child for that lesson.
Yes, and just who jumps in and says they can help make it better? President Bush got a big eye opening seeing the people were not ready for his "freedom." When killing Saddam they should have killed EVERY general in Saddam's army. They didn't and now we have Isis......did America not create Al Qaeda?

Old 06-25-2014, 08:25 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
The fact that Israel is a democracy is enough to hold them to a minimum if not higher human rights standard than their neighbors in the Middle East. The current government's blatant disregard for property rights in the name pushing the rather fundamentalist agenda of a subset of the Israeli population is disturbing. And speaking of Christians, these policies have had a devastating impact on them as well. Christian Family Refuses to Give Up Bethlehem Farm - BBC
There are no words to open your mind if you believe Israel's neighbors have even a modicum of the human rights standards found in the democracy of Israel.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I didn't say the US is a war machine, although some in charge do find long term wars and occupying countries to be the US job. I said we are making as in enabling other countries to become violent and hateful against the US and allies. Occupying any country will make others hate you eventually! Making friends/bowing to those that believe by their religious faith is their job to kill us is even more of a no brainer!
As I asked, being the US is a war machine what reason is there to believe we have exclusive rights to that status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Yes, and just who jumps in and says they can help make it better? President Bush got a big eye opening seeing the people were not ready for his "freedom." When killing Saddam they should have killed EVERY general in Saddam's army. They didn't and now we have Isis......did America not create Al Qaeda?
So, you endorse pre-emptive murder?

Perhaps we shouldn't have killed anyone in a sovereign nation that did nothing to the US, eh?

Old 06-25-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
This has been gone over countless times. The New Testament clearly condemns homosexual behavior. If you eliminate all of the words of the Bible except for Jesus's words you will have a very small book. Jesus did not say that adultery is wrong in the Bible, but when he saved the woman caught in adultery from stoning He said: "Go and sin no more". Just because Jesus personaly doesn't list, specify and address each sin doesn't mean they are not sins. Homosexual behavior is an abomination to God.
Believe whatever you want, just don't tell me I should believe what you believe.

Personally, when Jews write a book claiming Jews are 'The Chosen', I have great doubts about its credibility from the start.

And when the New Testament is believed to have been written in the second half of the first century I have very large doubts events that occurred years prior have been recorded accurately by the men who wrote the words.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:20 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Believe whatever you want, just don't tell me I should believe what you believe.

Personally, when Jews write a book claiming Jews are 'The Chosen', I have great doubts about its credibility from the start.

And when the New Testament is believed to have been written in the second half of the first century I have very large doubts events that occurred years prior have been recorded accurately by the men who wrote the words.
You mean they didn't record those events on flash drives for the Bible writers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies