Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 01:29 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,301,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
I agree that his comment went a bit overboard, liberals are not bad people. They are good people, just with bad policies.

It's actually liberals who dictate what women can do with their bodies. Liberals want to ban smoking, large sodas, private gun ownership to protect their bodies, ban women from wearing a cross or other religious necklace on their bodies in Government buildings, and a whole lot of other Nanny Totalitarian things. The only thing that liberals are actually ''pro choice'' on is when it comes to a person wrongly choosing to kill another, in this case an innocent baby.

Conservatives don't care what women do with their bodies, we are actually more for women's rights than liberals are, as we want to protect the Right to Life of baby girls (and boys). As that baby has a separate body.
Personally, I don't think anyone can make the decision except the woman involved. A man does not have the right to decide what a woman should or should not do with her body in my opinion. If someone is raped or it would be dangerous for them to have a child, they should have the right to abort.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:35 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,404,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Originally Posted by Gurbie

Hmmm, if moral people who do not believe in murdering unborn babies are 'religious loons' then what are the immoral male and female promiscuous whores who jump into the sack with anyone every time they have a little itch,and choose to murder fetuses as their preferred method of birth control?

BTW, I am an atheist,and I do not support abortion!
Same here.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:37 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,445,018 times
There will ALWAYS be disagreement on this subject, period.

I consider myself a social moderate and a fiscal conservative. Abortion is here to stay in one form or another, either legal or illegal. I prefer legal. No, I dont think women should use it as birth control. no, I dont think the taxpayers should fund unlimited access...however, I far prefer someone accidentally pregnant to have a choice than to have her either have a child she is not able/willing to care for..or to dump that kid on the system where it will more than likely have a lousy childhood (leading to a crummy adulthood in most cases)

Right to lifers need to recognize that those who have beliefs that differ from theirs also have a right to their opinions. I do NOT want a right to lifer making decisions on MY future. No, I have never had..or needed to have..an abortion, I never will because I am responsible with my sexual decisions. However, I will never feel I have the right to prohibit someone else from making that choice.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:55 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,291,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Personally, I don't think anyone can make the decision except the woman involved. A man does not have the right to decide what a woman should or should not do with her body in my opinion. If someone is raped or it would be dangerous for them to have a child, they should have the right to abort.
Evidently, a man can make the decision to try to mount me every time I bend over to tie my shoes, AND have the final say in the resultant pregnancy.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:57 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,466,787 times
Quote:
New Florida law will make killing fetuses a crime

"It will soon become a crime in Florida to kill or injure a fetus at any stage of development."

"Gov. Rick Scott on Friday signed a bill (HB 59) into law that was a response to the case of a Tampa-area woman who was tricked into taking an abortion pill."

"State law enforcement could not charge John Welden for killing Remee Jo Lee's unborn child."

"Federal authorities wound up charging Welden, but that charge was dropped when Welden agreed to plead guilty to product tampering. He was sentenced to nearly 14 years in prison."

"The new law in October expands a current law that allows for murder or manslaughter charges only if a fetus dies after it has developed to a point where it can survive outside the womb."

So while it doesn't stop abortion (which is the true Civil Rights issue of our time), it does punish somebody for killing a pregnant woman by charging them with two murders. If a baby isn't a person how could that be possible? Because it is.

Florida deserves a round of applause for taking another step forward at ending the War on Babies!
It wouldn't be. I find it amazing that the definition of a person changes based on the whim of the mother.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:02 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,301,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Evidently, a man can make the decision to try to mount me every time I bend over to tie my shoes, AND have the final say in the resultant pregnancy.
I KNOW this is not funny, but the image it provoked made me laugh. It is so true. Some men are always trying aren't they?

Old 06-23-2014, 07:10 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,431,657 times
Quote:
Yep. Back alley abortions is a big myth.

You can read all the facts here: Abortion Myths | Texas Right to Life
NO! That is the number of DEATHS of women through back ally abortions. Says nothing of the number of back ally abortions actually performed where the woman may have died without the cause even being known such as toxic shock. Says nothing of the number of women who were subsequently unable through damaged uterus to conceive after one of those "back ally" abortions.

Someone needs to give some thought to just how any of those statistics would have been accurately garnered when one is talking about an illegal endeavour. Who would admit to it.

A state that is ranked in the top ten most corrupt states of the U.S. and we're to believe this was a moral imperative by it's current administration. Whew!

Old 06-23-2014, 07:36 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,001,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
It wouldn't be. I find it amazing that the definition of a person changes based on the whim of the mother.
Sex itself is not a crime. When sex is forced on someone against their will, it is a crime.

Abortion itself is not a crime. When abortion is forced on someone against their will, it is a crime.

It's all about choice.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:56 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,431,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Sex itself is not a crime. When sex is forced on someone against their will, it is a crime.

Abortion itself is not a crime. When abortion is forced on someone against their will, it is a crime.

It's all about choice.
Agreed!

Old 06-23-2014, 08:00 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,777,457 times
Quote:
New Florida law will make killing fetuses a crime

"It will soon become a crime in Florida to kill or injure a fetus at any stage of development."

"Gov. Rick Scott on Friday signed a bill (HB 59) into law that was a response to the case of a Tampa-area woman who was tricked into taking an abortion pill."

"State law enforcement could not charge John Welden for killing Remee Jo Lee's unborn child."

"Federal authorities wound up charging Welden, but that charge was dropped when Welden agreed to plead guilty to product tampering. He was sentenced to nearly 14 years in prison."

"The new law in October expands a current law that allows for murder or manslaughter charges only if a fetus dies after it has developed to a point where it can survive outside the womb."

So while it doesn't stop abortion (which is the true Civil Rights issue of our time), it does punish somebody for killing a pregnant woman by charging them with two murders. If a baby isn't a person how could that be possible? Because it is.

Florida deserves a round of applause for taking another step forward at ending the War on Babies!
While I myself (at least currently) lean politically anti-abortion, I don't think that anyone should be charged with murder and/or with manslaughter while abortion is not considered to be homicide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.