Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 12:57 PM

88,726 posts, read 44,522,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm a tax evader too....to the extent that I can get away with it. I don't report anything that I earn that doesn't show up on a payroll statement.

I just made for example, 1300 bucks for a job that I helped a friend do (he does excavation). Think I'm reporting it to the IRS?
Why didn't you get a 1099 for that? Seems you're not the only tax evader in that mess.

Interesting to see you admit you're a criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 01:05 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,921,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Well they can't vote and in this area it primarily is legal immigrants, many of which have been there for quite awhile. Rangel for most of his time in Congress has had a northern Manhattan based district. Redistricting resulted in his district covering a rather large portion of the Bronx, which has shifted the demographics a bit.
Bwahahahaha, good one!

Please tell me you don't really believe that.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:14 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,174,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm a tax evader too....to the extent that I can get away with it. I don't report anything that I earn that doesn't show up on a payroll statement.

I just made for example, 1300 bucks for a job that I helped a friend do (he does excavation). Think I'm reporting it to the IRS?

Yeah...ok. Don't hold your breath. We're ALL tax evaders. And people with a lot more money and power evade a hell of a lot more taxes than Rangel ever did.

As for his Cadillac...I don't care.

As far as I'm concerned, yeah, he's an entitled, spoiled politician that wants to hang on to something that he's not entitled to and should retire from. But so what? How does that make him any different than his other 400 plus colleagues?

You guys talk as if he's the only huckster in the bunch.

I mean, at least Rangel earned his sense of entitlement on a hard ass Korean battlefield. That's more than most of his colleagues can say.

All that aside...It's time for him to go. I'll acknowledge that much. But I'm not gonna run him down.
The reason I stand him up on tax evasion is the fact that he was head of the ways and means committee. The guys who write the tax code. Furthermore he liked to talk about the rich not paying their fair share in taxes, when he himself was doing his best not to pay up.
The Korean war thing. He wasn't the only one wounded in battle while in the service of this nation. He like many politicians has played the wounded vet card to the max. He is an old windbag and should have retired long ago.
You evade a small tax and I agree most would do the same thing. Most of us don't write the tax codes and most of us aren't using their position to trash others for not paying their fair share even though they used the loopholes that you were part of creating.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:19 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,639,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Oh, well.
It isn't supposed to be a lifetime appointment.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:44 PM

22,142 posts, read 19,377,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Bwahahahaha, good one!

Please tell me you don't really believe that.
Sorry, I don't fall for asinine conspiracy theories.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,541,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
I think this is exactly why the liberal democrats want uncontrolled borders and very massive hispanic immigration. This puts black Americans as a group out of power and control. They are now only the third largest group - and affirmative action can be fulfilled by hiring nothing but Mexicans which the liberals prefer.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:21 PM

7,440 posts, read 5,706,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Please do not EVER say "best person" in a thread about Charlie Rangel.
Hilarious! Wish I could rep you but have to spread the love.. Just some interesting reading on this slim ball..

Charlies List of Accomplishments

LMAO! He's very well respected as you can see and a fine example of the moonbat party.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:39 PM

29,460 posts, read 16,412,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
He is also a tax evader, while being on the Ways and Means committee.
He also drives a new Cadillac every year on the tax payers dime.
He is a shining example of a career politician who feels entitled and what is so very wrong in DC today.
Congress members have a budget that they can spend on their travel, its a set amount.

Are you doing to attack every member of congress who has a car lease from their congressional travel fund ?????

There are 1,000 things you could reasonably attack Rangel on, the car he drives is not one of them

Old 06-23-2014, 09:46 PM

29,460 posts, read 16,412,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think this is exactly why the liberal democrats want uncontrolled borders and very massive hispanic immigration. This puts black Americans as a group out of power and control. They are now only the third largest group - and affirmative action can be fulfilled by hiring nothing but Mexicans which the liberals prefer.
So you an quote a Democrat saying that, ill wait.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:13 PM

22,142 posts, read 19,377,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
1. The biggest reason for the demographic shift in Rangel's district came as a result of redistricting (NY lost two districts through reapportionment, the districts were then drawn by the courts shifting Rangel's district partially out of Manhattan). The district went from being based in the northern half of Manhattan to taking in a good chunk of the West Bronx,which has long had a large Hispanc population (instead of 100% Manhattan the distrrict is now about 73% northern Manhattan, 27% Bronx)

2. There aren't that many Mexicans in the district, as the vast majority of the Hispanics in the district are Puerto Rican and Dominican.

3. Any more silly comments??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies