Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2014, 11:34 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yep, that one guy.

Post ANY Tea Party person in uniform with a night stick guarding a polling place.
Well, gee, you keep moving the goalposts. First you wanted just any photo, and now you are adding accessories. Maybe we'll get lucky and some Tea Partier will show up in a nifty tri-corner hat with teabags hanging all around it and shiny buckle shoes. If we're REALLY lucky maybe they'll be holding signs that say, "I'm teabagging 4 Jesus!" We can hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 11:39 AM

39,842 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
In Mississippi right now, trying to scare away black voters. I don't live there, so I don't have a neat photo like you, but maybe by the end of the day someone will post one for us.
I'm sure some Democratic nutjob will get right on Photoshopping that. MS has the highest percentage of black population of any state in the country-I doubt they would be readily intimidated.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:40 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,069 times
Anyway, why do we have to provide photos when we have the Tea Party PACS themselves saying they're going to go? Or did we conveniently overlook those posts?

Wait, wait … don't tell me … I know this one ……. YES! Yes, we DID conveniently overlook those posts.

Quote:
Meanwhile, in Mississippi today, The Senate Conservative Fund, FreedomWorks, and the Tea Party Patriots have teamed up to send "election observers" to watch the polls in the primary race between Republican Sen. Thad Cochran and Tea Party candidate Chris McDaniel. But they are only sending watchers to the black polling places. Why? Because Cochran had the audacity to try to reach out to black voters, and the Tea Party is worried that blacks might actually show up to vote for him. Can't have that.

Got to love conservatives. At least they recognize that the only way they can win anymore is to try to intimidate and/or suppress the vote.
Edited to help out you folks struggling with facts:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/23/us...ippi.html?_r=1

(Ah, Cooch. Just when we thought we'd never hear from you again, you sly dog! Helping the GOP eat its own now! )

Old 06-24-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'm sure some Democratic nutjob will get right on Photoshopping that. MS has the highest percentage of black population of any state in the country-I doubt they would be readily intimidated.
Right. When it's that one guy that one time, it's a legitimate photo. On the off chance that someone comes up with a photo some day in the future of a Tea Partier doing the same thing, it's DEFINITELY Photoshopped.

You guys are more transparent than the kitchen window!

Old 06-24-2014, 11:43 AM

88,957 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Well, gee, you keep moving the goalposts.
No movement at all, just post a photo of a Tea Party person doing anything like this at the polls:

Simple request.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
No movement at all, just post a photo of a Tea Party person doing anything like this at the polls:

Simple request.
No need. Cooch himself claims he's planning to do it. Whether they get turned away by election officials is still up in the air.

But keep demanding that photo. Without it, GOP darling Ken Cuccinelli is just a big fat liar.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:47 AM

88,957 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
No need.
Exactly. Because it's never happened. Voter intimidation is a figment of the left's imagination. Meanwhile, the right lives in this reality:

Old 06-24-2014, 11:49 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you think voting should be limited and people should be denied to vote because they are registering too close to an election? That makes no sense, what about the teenage who just turned 18 and wants to vote or the person who just moved to a new state too close to an election and also wants to vote. Should they be denied the right to vote because you don't like same day registration? Sounds very anti freedom of you.

What's "anti-freedom" is having one's vote canceled because of voter registration fraud, and same-day registration encourages that.

Also, there's nothing wrong with requiring ID for something as important as voting or having reasonable cutoff periods for registering. I'm tired of the crybabies who don't even want to wait in line now, and want to extend voting time until....forever. Plenty of 18-year olds can wait in line for days for the latest igadget or 200-buck sneakers--they can wait in line to vote, just like the rest of us do.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Exactly. Because it's never happened. Voter intimidation is a figment of the left's imagination. Meanwhile, the right lives in this reality:
If it hasn't -- YET, the day is still young -- it's not because of a lack of intent by your heroes in the Tea Party.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/23/us...ippi.html?_r=1

I'm sorry for you that you're so obsessed with one guy, one time, in one place, years ago. That reality must be sad and horrifying.

Do you take medications for this obsession?

Why don't you respond to my factual posts about Cooch and his plans? Wait -- I have an idea. If you've got nothing else, why don't you post that photo of that one guy, one time, in one place, again? That'll show us! You really got us now!

Old 06-24-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
What's "anti-freedom" is having one's vote canceled because of voter registration fraud, and same-day registration encourages that.

Also, there's nothing wrong with requiring ID for something as important as voting or having reasonable cutoff periods for registering. I'm tired of the crybabies who don't even want to wait in line now, and want to extend voting time until....forever. Plenty of 18-year olds can wait in line for days for the latest igadget or 200-buck sneakers--they can wait in line to vote, just like the rest of us do.
Wow, strawman much?

Look! Over there! An irrelevant argument!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies