Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 06:52 AM

663 posts, read 503,632 times

Advertisements

Look at the record since 2000 when Putin took over compared with all the adventures America got involved in. Our record seems pretty bad and Putin comes out as a popular, restrained leader in Russia. Now he's supporting the rebels to have talks with Ukraine in a nice civilized way. Crimea was a small prize, considering that the West got away with the whole country.

And what do we have? Chaos, failed democracies and corruption. All I see around me is corruption and raging traffic. Perhaps our communities are our worst failure. I don't know how bad Russia is, but most accounts talk of progress, while I could cite many cities that have failed, from Detroit to New Orleans. Perhaps we are witnessing the fall of capitalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 07:04 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise TibetanMonkey View Post
Look at the record since 2000 when Putin took over compared with all the adventures America got involved in. Our record seems pretty bad and Putin comes out as a popular, restrained leader in Russia. Now he's supporting the rebels to have talks with Ukraine in a nice civilized way. Crimea was a small prize, considering that the West got away with the whole country.

And what do we have? Chaos, failed democracies and corruption. All I see around me is corruption and raging traffic. Perhaps our communities are our worst failure. I don't know how bad Russia is, but most accounts talk of progress, while I could cite many cities that have failed, from Detroit to New Orleans. Perhaps we are witnessing the fall of capitalism.
It is not the fall if capitalism it is the fall of a empire. See, we want to spread our influence, democracy and freedom and nation build. We build up other nations while ours falls apart, we are smart like that and prove it every election cycle.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:09 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,169,121 times
The US populace has cast off hard work, self improvement, and frugality and adopted sloth, self destruction, and living large through debt while the rest of the world has done the reverse. Thanks liberals!

Old 06-24-2014, 07:17 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,903,542 times
Quote:

Putin is an autocrat who eliminated the free press in Russia and you will now only find state sponsored propaganda in Russian media all of which is always unfailingly pro-Putin. Russia also doesn't have the rule of law as all of the powers are concentrated in the hands of the executive so Putin really does have dictatorial powers which he routinely uses against anyone and everyone who he imagines are his political enemies no matter how slight the supposed offense. Lastly, you want to talk about corruption? Russia is easily one of the most corrupt societies on Earth with corruption a routine and obvious part of every person's life.

No, thank you, I want nothing to do with the Russian system.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:39 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,156,860 times
Quote:

Putin comes out as a popular restrained leader? In any place but Russia? I don't care if he is popular in Russia. He is feared everywhere else as a ruthless imperialistic near dictator.

What are you reading that leads you to believe Russia is a land of progress? Russia is one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:43 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,413 times
Quote:

Go move to Russia and tell us how that works for us. Russia is a land of corruption and oligarchs. I'll pass.

By the way, capitalism already fallen. The United States has been a mixed economic system for over 80 years.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
It is not the fall if capitalism it is the fall of a empire. See, we want to spread our influence, democracy and freedom and nation build. We build up other nations while ours falls apart, we are smart like that and prove it every election cycle.
Hey, capitalism is alive and well under communist China!!!

Just that we are wasting too much money in nation building and corruption at home. Spending money here is far from a solution when they spend it in senseless city beautification while our cities are all littered. For example, around here they are turning a little cozy park upside down, planting new grass, but the bathrooms will remain out of service. It's a park with a playground, so what do you do if you want to go to the bathroom? Pee before the kids? I was asking the guy doing the work why they don't close the park. You see a rampant corruption that includes chopping down trees and removing sand dunes that protect the area from hurricanes. They should close down the libraries as well since are a place for the homeless to hang out.

Maybe we should let the Republicans run this as a one party system to see what they can come with. I think the Democrats are largely ineffective as an opposition. Oh, party politics is weakening this country like no enemy can!

Old 06-24-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

Go move to Russia and tell us how that works for us. Russia is a land of corruption and oligarchs. I'll pass.

By the way, capitalism already fallen. The United States has been a mixed economic system for over 80 years.
I thought we were moving toward feudalism, with this fortress mentality symbolized by gated communities and SUVs. I can not see the difference between the oligarchs in Russia and America.

I don't care they are rich, just that life of the serfs is so miserable. Try riding a bus in America.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
The US populace has cast off hard work, self improvement, and frugality and adopted sloth, self destruction, and living large through debt while the rest of the world has done the reverse. Thanks liberals!
OK, let's make this country a one party system, just like China.

They are growing while we lazy Americans want to drive an SUV with borrowed money. The poor should ride bicycles before they can even drive. You go and pay it cash --or layaway-- and that's it.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:10 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Thanks liberals?

Since you imply liberals have created all these problems WHAT have been conservatives been doing during this time?

Where's your factual evidence that conservatives haven't:

Cast off hard work?

Cast off self improvement?

Adopted sloth?

Adopted self destruction?

Aren't living large through debt?

WHERE are your FACTS?

Or should we just consider it another baseless, self-Right
eous "Those damn liberals " whine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies