Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 10:40 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,176,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
So you want to starve those babies to death? I have never seen anything worse than that!!!
Perhaps forced sterilization after 2?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 11:16 AM

9,989 posts, read 7,669,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
The choice of couples to have children is their business, yes, but when they seek help from public/charitable funds, it then becomes other people's business.

As long as you are "tending" to you own life without assistance from others, have as many children as you like. If you are taking handouts from any entity in order to adequately provide for your children, you need to stop having babies. Immediately.
Amen!

Old 06-28-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I saw a bumper sticker today:

Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em.
So true.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:25 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,549,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
They do for tax credits. That is how families can actually get back more than they pay - the Child Tax Credit is up to $1k per child, and the EITC often applies to those people, too.
Their Earned Income Credit can be 1/4 of their total annual income. They work part time, make $20,000 a year and get $6000 Tax credit money every year.

EITC, Earned Income Tax Credit, Questions and Answers

Old 06-28-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Perhaps forced sterilization after 2?
Exactly. Or maybe 3 at most. If some young girl has that many babies w/different baby daddies and knows she can't afford them but has them anyway, then yep, sterilization. Or if nothing else, so that the government doesn't continue to have to fund their bad choices, anything after 3 will have to be adopted out to a family that can't have children...a family that will love and can afford to give the child what it needs in order to grow into a healthy adult.

Maybe these girls will stop having so many children if they know at some point, the welfare/food stamps checks will cease.

You need to think about the children and do what's best for them. Put them first.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:30 AM

9,879 posts, read 7,998,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And what if the person is agnostic, non-practicing or even atheist? I don't think all will go get help from a religion...
I am sure if a nonreligious person needs help, they will take the same avenues than most other people do; short of converting to a faith. I know that churches do not turn down folks simply because they do not believe. And, there are community based secular charity organizations too. Finally, there is the government, e.g. welfare/medicaid which was meant for folks in dire straights (think dust bowl); not to be a way of life by choice.

Statistically, atheists have less children than most but it is not that atheists are infertile. It is that they believe in contraception and family planning. That is not to say their atheism plays a big part in how many kids they have though. I am an atheist and I had one child I can definitely afford

Now, if I was a farmer I might have had ten kids

Old 06-28-2014, 11:55 AM

31,288 posts, read 20,678,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Doesn't the Bible and/or another religious text state that people need to be fruitful and multiply?
That was at a time when there were only a handful of people on earth.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:57 AM

9,879 posts, read 7,998,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
So you want to starve those babies to death? I have never seen anything worse than that!!!
Yes, starvation is horrible. But someone should not use compassion/guilt as an argument to force someone else to care for what someone else deliberately did: have a child they could not afford. It was an unconcerned act on their part, no one else.

We need to educate young adults in a civics class showing the effects populations can have. They need to know that there are consequences for their own actions and to learn what can happen, IF no one is out there to help them.

Unfortunately, many women in third world countries are repeatedly raped. That is a world culture phenomenon that also needs to be addressed.

It has to be drilled into our teenage kids' heads that babies eat and it is expensive.
Children can not eat a cell phone or a tablet. They are not a toy that everyone
just has to have. Some folks simply should never have children.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:03 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,165,515 times
Sterilization is the most humane option to stop over breeding. Allowing children to die because of the poor choices of their parents is not. We should offer vasectomies and tubal litigation to those on welfare and offer them cash to get it done.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:07 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,602,256 times
Well, back in the day I think poorer families had bigger families were for the Church. I tend to notice that Catholic families had bigger families since birth control is a no-no and big families were loved by the Church. I mean, I am sure that is the case in a few of the examples... but I'm not sure about the women who aren't religious. I guess it is welfare and something should be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies