Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 08:48 PM

20,948 posts, read 18,968,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Correct. And then he lies about every decision.
He reads about the outcomes of his decisions in the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 08:50 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,489,188 times
No Obama fan but I agree if he enforces laws on federal books. Want rid of them; then get it passed.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:59 PM

31,285 posts, read 20,621,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
No Obama fan but I agree if he enforces laws on federal books. Want rid of them; then get it passed.
But he chooses which laws to enforce. For example, he has chosen to not enforce immigration laws.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:14 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,173,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Not illegal in WA. I think I'll go smoke a bud to relieve my headache.
I live in WA

Selling drugs is against the law.

This includes: alcohol, weed, benzos, steroids etc

Just because something is legal to have doesn't mean you can sell it for profit, unless you have jumped through the right hoops.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:18 PM

31,285 posts, read 20,621,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
I live in WA

Selling drugs is against the law.

This includes: alcohol, weed, benzos, steroids etc

Just because something is legal to have doesn't mean you can sell it for profit, unless you have jumped through the right hoops.
Hmmmm... I seem to recall that WA legalized pot. Did you not get the message?

Old 06-25-2014, 07:30 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,924,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am pulling for Huckabee. He will outlaw pot 100%, so there won't be any more controversies like this. Obviously the legalization in CO and WA was a very bad idea.

And given that a growing majority of Americans favor legalization in some form or another, he would be going against the will of the American people, and therefore; won't sniff the White House. Furthermore, as they did with the prohibition of alcohol, where is the Constitutional Amendment for prohibition of cannabis? Finally, if people are using it for medicinal purposes why would you deny people the opportunity to use something that helps aliviate what may be ailing them, be it chronic pain, anxiety, or a serious disease like cancer or AIDS, and force them to take toxic Big Pharma drugs with horrible side effects?

Old 06-25-2014, 07:35 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,706,632 times
Cigarettes are legal. Bootlegging them or avoiding the taxes on them is not.

Alcohol is legal. Running your own still is not.

Money is legal. You still aren't allowed to run off a couple sheets on your printer.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:39 AM

76,849 posts, read 47,156,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And given that a growing majority of Americans favor legalization in some form or another, he would be going against the will of the American people, and therefore; won't sniff the White House. Furthermore, as they did with the prohibition of alcohol, where is the Constitutional Amendment for prohibition of cannabis? Finally, if people are using it for medicinal purposes why would you deny people the opportunity to use something that helps aliviate what may be ailing them, be it chronic pain, anxiety, or a serious disease like cancer or AIDS, and force them to take toxic Big Pharma drugs with horrible side effects?
Unfortunately for the pot-heads, pot legalization probably does not make the Top-10 on the issues list when people decide who to vote for. Very few would base their vote on that issue.

I'll tell you this, any Republican president is going to enforce the federal drug laws more strictly than Obama is doing now. The Obama years favor the pro-pot crowd, but that will change, and I don't care that the candidates from either party will tell you on the campaign trail in order to get your votes.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:51 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,924,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Unfortunately for the pot-heads, pot legalization probably does not make the Top-10 on the issues list when people decide who to vote for. Very few would base their vote on that issue.

I'll tell you this, any Republican president is going to enforce the federal drug laws more strictly than Obama is doing now. The Obama years favor the pro-pot crowd, but that will change, and I don't care that the candidates from either party will tell you on the campaign trail in order to get your votes.

Where is the Constitutional Amendment for prohibition of cannabis? In short a Republican candidate would be going against the Constitution by enforcing the unconstitutional war on weed. Yep, so much for the party of "smaller government!" They're as full of s*** , and no better than the Democrat Party ! At least the Democrats are honest about there intentions for expanding the Federal government when it comes to controlling all aspects of our lives. Republicans only want smaller government, unless of course when it comes to what people do in their bedrooms, or what people choose to put into their bodies.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:58 AM

76,849 posts, read 47,156,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Where is the Constitutional Amendment for prohibition of cannabis? In short a Republican candidate would be going against the Constitution by enforcing the unconstitutional war on weed. Yep, so much for the party of "smaller government!" They're as full of s*** , and no better than the Democrat Party ! At least the Democrats are honest about there intentions for expanding the Federal government when it comes to controlling all aspects of our lives. Republicans only want smaller government, unless of course when it comes to what people do in their bedrooms, or what people choose to put into their bodies.
Individual laws are not listed in the Constitution. The Constitution states the government will insure domestic Tranquility. Yes, laws need to be enforced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies