Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 04:40 PM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
How do you know the ones who got suckered were NRA members?
One of my sons bought an AR-15, shot it a few times, decided he didn't like it (I could have told him he wouldn't) and sold it for more than he paid for it. He is not an NRA member, and the guy who bought the AR was not, either.
Not ALL gun owners are NRA members. I would guess there are more of us NON-member gun owners than there are members. In fact, there are a lot of us who are not members of ANY organization!
the dreaded NRA is a red herring, used by the anti's to sucker others.

Exactly. NRA by any standard is what, 5-10% of all people that own firearms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 04:46 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Shares of the gunmaker plunged nearly 10% Friday morning as it dawned on investors that the once high-flying gun industry is coming down to Earth.

Smith & Wesson: Americans are buying fewer guns - Jun. 20, 2014
Correction: Americans are buying fewer Smith & Wesson firearms. Which is not surprising considering Smith & Wesson's support for gun control and their propensity to make crappy firearms.

I would never own a S&W firearm, even if you gave it to me for free and paid me.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:48 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Of course thats a funny, but in reality Obama is behind the huge jump in gun sales.
That's my point. You think the gun industry didn't know what an Obama presidency would do for their bottom line?

Come on...these are billion dollar companies...they pay good money to know that kind of stuff. I think they put on one face in public, but behind closed doors, I bet they partied like hell when they saw the results.

Bonus time...REAL bonuses!

The gun industry worked this one like a champ.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:40 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's my point. You think the gun industry didn't know what an Obama presidency would do for their bottom line?

Come on...these are billion dollar companies...they pay good money to know that kind of stuff. I think they put on one face in public, but behind closed doors, I bet they partied like hell when they saw the results.

Bonus time...REAL bonuses!

The gun industry worked this one like a champ.

all we need now if for the ammunition manufacturers to stop selling ammo to the feds.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:01 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Sounds like it's time for the NRA to increase it's Obama's coming to take all the guns blather.
Plus you never how many guns you'll need come the revolution against the tyrannical government

Old 06-25-2014, 10:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
What do you expect when gun sales out paced births, for 3 years straight.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
all we need now if for the ammunition manufacturers to stop selling ammo to the feds.
The ammo manufacturers care about profits first...not anti government loons. They'll get their money from them anyway.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:00 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,173,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
It has been over a year since I've seen .22LR or 9mm in a store. In the last 2 months, .223 is now in stock at a few places.
9mm is easy to find on retail shelves here (Austin area). And it is easy to find at internet retailers, including bulk quantities. Same with .45 ACP and other common handgun ammo that was in short supply a year ago.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:05 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
How do you know the ones who got suckered were NRA members?
One of my sons bought an AR-15, shot it a few times, decided he didn't like it (I could have told him he wouldn't) and sold it for more than he paid for it. He is not an NRA member, and the guy who bought the AR was not, either.
Not ALL gun owners are NRA members. I would guess there are more of us NON-member gun owners than there are members. In fact, there are a lot of us who are not members of ANY organization!
the dreaded NRA is a red herring, used by the anti's to sucker others.
Your son wasn't a member and he didn't get suckered either. I am a non-member gun owner also.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:17 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
I'd settle for some .22lr so I can take my boys shooting again.
no doubt. i thought i had a lot set aside, but it's nearly gone now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What do you expect when gun sales out paced births, for 3 years straight.
what goes up, must come down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies